• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tite

tite

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

Hi, my name is Robert and I need help with a WiiU.

First of all, I have not owned a nintendo product since the SNES. So keep in mind that I don't know anything about how the WiiU works.

My girlfriend owns the WiiU, and she just moved into a new flat. And with the moving, she got rid off her old TV and got a new one. Now that we are trying to plug her WiiU into the TV and play some games, the TV doesn't show the picture, just a black screen. We tried using three different HDMI cables that work with the TV and other consoles(xbox,playstation,pc) and the regular cable with red/white/yellow. The WiiU controller works, and the WiiU itself is not making any wierd sounds or any flashing lights.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

I've tried a couple of things that i found from google, but still no luck.

Hoping for some good and helpful responses. :)

#2 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Hi, welcome to the forums :)

try going into system settings on the gamepad. go to the TV option, and make sure the resolution is the same as the TV resolution, and also make sure the connection type is the right one, If that doesn't work, does it work on another tv?

Edited by Stephen, 22 June 2013 - 04:50 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#3 tite

tite

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

Thanks for the quick respons. The TV connection type is set to HDMI, and i only have the HDMI plugged in. the tv resolution is on 1080p, but it doens't allow me to change into any of the other resolutions, getting "could not change settings." Aspect ratio is 16.9 and th sound output type is stereo.

And i haven't tried on a other TV, don't have two. threw the old one away.

Still no picture on the screen. So do you know how i get it to allow changing the settings?

btw, not used to forums, so pardon any errors i make.

Edited by tite, 22 June 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

Hmm, don't use the Wii U HDMI cable you got with the Wii U, it didn't work for me either. Am using some Sony one i got with a blueray player.

Change the viewing thing from HDMI to normal and plug in the red white yellow. 460P or something. see if that works.

Edited by Chrop, 22 June 2013 - 05:06 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 tite

tite

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

I got it working now with the red/white/yellow cable, not one of the three HMDI cables works, so just have to make it with the quality of 480p :) Thanks alot for the help guys! 

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

http://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk

Click "Ask Mii" They're online for another hour.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

it will be a pain to use 420p, I hope you can get it fixed. btw, what is the resolution of your new TV and old TV? I had a similar problem were it was trying to output 1080p on a 720p TV.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hello and welcome to our forums, I hope you enjoy your stay :D Could it have gotten damaged in the move?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!