22 replies to this topic

#1 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm really looking forward to watchdogs and have pre ordered the ps4 version, but I'm wondering why there's no current gen and wiiu gameplay footage being shown yet? Is there any out there? Has anyone seen any online anywhere? 

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Well, in the E3 Direct they showed about 5 seconds of Watch Dogs, and I think it's safe to assume that it was Wii U footage, It didn't show much, but It looked the same as PS4 footage. There is no PS360 footage as of late.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Im afraid that the reason why ubi isnt showing any WiiU footage is because all it will be is the 360 port with some minor game pad features. Im not expecting it look like the ps4 version, but atleast better than the 360 and ps3 versions.

heres the footage waddle mentioned. 

Edited by meitantei_conan, 22 June 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#4 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Development started before x360 and ps3 versions. Might be wiiu version. Ubi said wiiu is cheap to port so probly downresed ps4 version but this game didnt look great graphicly to vegin with so should be fine

#5 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, i think the vídeo showed on ND at E3 showed the Wii U version. For some reason it didn`t look as impressive as the videos we are used to getting.

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

The reason is didn't look as "impressive" on the ND was the fact that the video was choppy, leggy, and ridiculously compressed. It will look the same as the ps4 version as ubisoft have said. Anyone who still doesnt know that watch dogs x360 and ps3 development begins after Wiiu development is complete, here is your notice.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

This video posted above is the reason I'm now getting the PS4 version, it's not my fault the Wii U isn't powerful enough, I know I was very supportive of the Wii U version but after seeing that Wii U gameplay and the PS4 demo at E3 I want the best Watch_Dogs experiance possible because it looks amazing, this is just another reason why Wii U should have been more powerful.

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

This video posted above is the reason I'm now getting the PS4 version, it's not my fault the Wii U isn't powerful enough, I know I was very supportive of the Wii U version but after seeing that Wii U gameplay and the PS4 demo at E3 I want the best Watch_Dogs experiance possible because it looks amazing, this is just another reason why Wii U should have been more powerful.

If you want the best Watch Dogs experience, get yourself a PC.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

If you want the best Watch Dogs experience, get yourself a PC.

Sorry let me correct that, "Best console Experiance" I'm not a PC gamer.

#10 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

I honestly see no difference between the video and the Xbox one version, which brings me to 2 possible conclusions....

1. ubisoft actually took the time to leverage to full capabilities of wiiu.

2. this is just xbox one footage.

either or i'm still getting the wiiu version because of the gamepad features.

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

What?

You want the best experience possible? Or do you mean to say you want the best graphics possible on a console?

In my opinion, if Ubisoft took some time and featured gamepad innovation within this game, the Wii U would certainly offer the best experience possible.

The Wii U isn't powerful enough for what? 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

The Wii U version looks almost like the PS4 one IMO. Underneath the engine, it's just the same game. I'm getting most releases on the Wii U if available since I'm still saving up for a PC in November to replace my medium level laptop.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#13 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

The Wii U version looks almost like the PS4 one IMO. Underneath the engine, it's just the same game. I'm getting most releases on the Wii U if available since I'm still saving up for a PC in November to replace my medium level laptop.

That is more or less my understanding of it. I have this test for a good game on my rig:

Play it with everything on very high for a bit, and then play it on low (if the game is a linear shooter or something that has not taken my interest. In this case, I will replay it on low for the same effect). If, after awhile, I do not realize the difference in graphic settings, the game offers something besides graphics. 

In this case, that footage looks close enough IMO to where it will not make a difference. If I like it that much, I will buy it on my PC (AMD 8350/7970x2) and most likely max it after patches. However, I am not against the PS4 version. I just need to buy one first, LOL. With all of the WII U/3ds stuf I have pre ordered (like, over a grand at this point), I can't justify it at the moment. 

#14 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

I don't believe the wii u version will look any better than the 360 or PS3 version and like Assassin's Creed 3 for the wii u (from the same developer) may look a bit worse. The important thing is how the gamepad is used and this could be where the wii u really excels to produce an enhanced experience. The idea that the wii u is going to offer a ps4 or xbox one version of the game is utterly ridiculous to be honest. Those versions will be much enhanced visually. I think the best we can hope for is marginal visual improvement over 360/PS3. However that said if the wii u has much enhanced gamepad features this may take a toll on other areas of the game. Even if the developer is now capable of pulling out a bit more performance out of the wii u that performance may be soaked up by the enhanced features of the gamepad so the main screen graphics may actually stay current gen.

This video shows the frame rate for all 3 versions of Assassin's Creed 3 and the wii u version is meant to be marginally weaker visually if you look at the eurogamer article. I can't see the visual weakness in this video but its clear the frame rate for wii u is the worst of the three but not by much.

#15 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

I don't believe the wii u version will look any better than the 360 or PS3 version and like Assassin's Creed 3 for the wii u (from the same developer) may look a bit worse. The important thing is how the gamepad is used and this could be where the wii u really excels to produce an enhanced experience. The idea that the wii u is going to offer a ps4 or xbox one version of the game is utterly ridiculous to be honest. Those versions will be much enhanced visually. I think the best we can hope for is marginal visual improvement over 360/PS3. However that said if the wii u has much enhanced gamepad features this may take a toll on other areas of the game. Even if the developer is now capable of pulling out a bit more performance out of the wii u that performance may be soaked up by the enhanced features of the gamepad so the main screen graphics may actually stay current gen.

This video shows the frame rate for all 3 versions of Assassin's Creed 3 and the wii u version is meant to be marginally weaker visually if you look at the eurogamer article. I can't see the visual weakness in this video but its clear the frame rate for wii u is the worst of the three but not by much.

Your using an apples-to-bananas comparison for AC3 and the Wii U platform. Remember, the dev kits were terrible when they made AC3 (most likely using 2 cores, plus they were porting a game made for the PS360 CPUs, which we know is bad because of the Wii U's weak SIMD). 

A better comparison would be to use Need for Speed MW U vs the other two, from the same developer. 

In this case, Ubi made the PC/Xbone/PS4 versions, and then made the Wii U version before starting on the HD Twins. I would expect the HD Twins to inherit a down port of the Wii U version. In any event, I am unclear on how the game will look on any platform outside of a PC like mine. The newest E3 footage was CGI (unless they had gameplay PS4 available). 

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Or do you mean to say you want the best graphics possible on a console?

With a game like this yeah, I wasn't trying to annoy anyone, I just think the more detail in a game like this will make it more belivable and immersive.

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

This was NOT Wii U footage. I'm 99% sure that we wont get any Wii U footage until September or October i'm afraid. Like the Wii U reveal in 2011 they're using a lot of stock footage. So everyone calm down until we actually get some footage.

Although I am slightly worried about the fact they've only showed XBO and PS4 footage...

#18 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

Some of the buttons shown in the 5 second clip to display actions definitely looked like the same ones on the gamepad. we haven't really seen much footage yet to determine the difference between the PS4 version. The WiiU footage also seems pretty compressed and most people can't seem to find much of a difference in quality if they bump up the resolution. If graphics are all you're concerned about than you should just stick to Battlefield and Crysis, it's gonna be the same game either way no matter what version you play.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

I'm really looking forward to watchdogs and have pre ordered the ps4 version, but I'm wondering why there's no current gen and wiiu gameplay footage being shown yet? Is there any out there? Has anyone seen any online anywhere?

Wii u footage has been shown. Looks like ps4, but slightly less populated.

The old gen versions started development later.

Your using an apples-to-bananas comparison for AC3 and the Wii U platform. Remember, the dev kits were terrible when they made AC3 (most likely using 2 cores, plus they were porting a game made for the PS360 CPUs, which we know is bad because of the Wii U's weak SIMD).

A better comparison would be to use Need for Speed MW U vs the other two, from the same developer.

In this case, Ubi made the PC/Xbone/PS4 versions, and then made the Wii U version before starting on the HD Twins. I would expect the HD Twins to inherit a down port of the Wii U version. In any event, I am unclear on how the game will look on any platform outside of a PC like mine. The newest E3 footage was CGI (unless they had gameplay PS4 available).

Lol

Ac3, me3, batman, etc. are all stupid examples to compare wii u with old gen.

Batman added a couple things but nothing major.

Those games aren't going to look any better on wii u because they are using the same assets and a lot of the same code ( not meant for wii u)

Wii u versions look a little better just because the gpu renders cleaner.

Nintendo just showed some games at e3 that make 360/ps3 look like dooky.

It looks like wii u shares assets and geometry with ps4 with watch dogs.

Watch dogs is being developed by a different team for the crusty consoles.

Btw, nfsmw was made on other consoles and pc first.

But wii u is using pc graphics. The old gen consoles use much uglier graphics.

As it is, I don't see the fuss about watch dogs graphics. They're good but nothing to write home about. Regardless of platform.

The old gen consoles should be able to come close.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 24 June 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#20 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

Wii u footage has been shown. Looks like ps4, but slightly less populated.

The old gen versions started development later.

Lol

Ac3, me3, batman, etc. are all stupid examples to compare wii u with old gen.

Batman added a couple things but nothing major.

Those games aren't going to look any better on wii u because they are using the same assets and a lot of the same code ( not meant for wii u)

Wii u versions look a little better just because the gpu renders cleaner.

Nintendo just showed some games at e3 that make 360/ps3 look like dooky.

It looks like wii u shares assets and geometry with ps4 with watch dogs.

Watch dogs is being developed by a different team for the crusty consoles.

Btw, nfsmw was made on other consoles and pc first.

But wii u is using pc graphics. The old gen consoles use much uglier graphics.

As it is, I don't see the fuss about watch dogs graphics. They're good but nothing to write home about. Regardless of platform.

The old gen consoles should be able to come close.

Have you noticed how the game keeps dropping in visuals with each showing? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!