Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

MNN

Jeremy Miller, video game analyst for DFC Intelligence, says that the company expects Wii U sales to be slightly higher than the GameCube,  which launched in 2001 and 2002. Miller says that the machine will appeal to the hardcore Nintendo fans, but it won’t capture the mainstream audience in the same way as the original Wii console did in 2006. He went on to say that he thinks initial sales for this generation will be better than last generation for Microsoft and Sony because of limited competition from Nintendo.

“The Wii U is more of a loyalist Nintendo system right now and is looking more like the Gamecube, but our forecasts are higher than for the GameCube. The Wii U and its lineup is very much targeted to a core Nintendo fan.  In that it seems pretty successful. The problem is many people are expecting another Wii in terms of sales and we don’t see that happening. As a company Nintendo probably needs to learn to make due with a smaller but more dedicated audience.”

“We actually think initial sales for this generation will be better than last generation for Microsoft and Sony because of limited competition from Nintendo. Consumers are ready for new game hardware, but they are also fairly savvy about purchase decisions. There is a great deal of pent-up consumer demand and it creates opportunity. Right now, we see both PS4 and Xbox One selling as well as or better than their predecessors in the first year.”

“A Wii U price drop would help drive sales into a more casual audience. The Wii U is a great family system, but Nintendo has done a poor job of even communicating its existence.  What they need to do better is have a more dedicated marketing campaign that explains to the average person what a Wii U is. Right now, many consumers still think the Wii U is just an add-on pad for the Wii.”

Edited by VGCrasher, 25 June 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

The problem is many people are expecting another Wii in terms of sales and we don’t see that happening

I for one, never expected another "wii" in terms of sales... not sure if "many" is accurate.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

I for one, never expected another "wii" in terms of sales... not sure if "many" is accurate.

Well, people always assume that a successor will always do better than the previous one. That's why people think the PS4 will fly off shelves on launch.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well, people always assume that a successor will always do better than the previous one. That's why people think the PS4 will fly off shelves on launch.

Um, companies should hope that their new product will do better than their previous one.. 

And the PS4 will fly off shelves AROUND THE WORLD on launch (on their respective launch dates in various countries). The rest of the world doesn't want the BS media crap that the Xbox One comes with, and even if they did it still isn't even compatible with their service providers. The PS3 outsold the 360 everywhere except the USA. It'll be the same for the PS4 this time around, except that here in the US we may actually have a chance of the PS4 selling more thanks to the blunder of PR mistakes, pricing mistakes, and policy mistakes that Microsoft has made. 

A potential spy device forced upon our living rooms, at $100 more for a less powerful console, the worst of the big 3 in terms of indie support, and a very out of touch corporate sentiment with gamers. Anyone who gets the Xbox One is either a fanboy or just has too much money on their hands. There's absolutely no reason to get the Xbox One, any of the good 3rd party games will eventually make their way to the PS4, and any first party games is just putting more money into Microsofts pocket. Watch, I bet they'll try to implement their DRM crap again in the future.

Posted Image

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

I agree in part, although I highly doubt the entire business model of console companies is to sell more then last gen, at some point that just becomes almost impossible to do with varying scenarios that companies lack control of. IE: economic conditions compared to the state they were in during the previous generation, competing platforms/mobile etc.

Many companies will be able to capitalize more this generation on each console which could very well make up for not selling as many units overall. This would happen through their services, stores etc. Even though the consoles had some of these things last gen, the business model and technology has improved where they can provide things on a broader front. 

I agree the PS4 will fly off the shelf at launch but it's tough to catch a running goal or target when the PS3 will still be selling like hotcakes this Christmas season, same goes for the 360 and even Wii Units.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

We all know Wii U will never sell as many as the Wii, but once the games start coming things will pick up, at least I hope so :)

#7 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

GameCube levels seem pretty logical. 

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Pretty much what we've all been saying here since a day after launch.

Except we don't expect ps4 and x1 to sell very well.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!