Photo

When do you think Nintendo will unveil the successor to the 3DS?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm thinking sooner than later. 

I think they'll unveil it at the E3 2015 event and have it ready to sell for the 2015 holiday season, maybe 2016 but I think that's too late.  

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Thats probably right I want a 3ds with dual sticks and better sound and hd display 

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

E3 2016 or 2017. It really depends on when the 3DS loses its steam. I think their next console should be a portable/home console combination. So something like the Vita and maybe something like the Gamestick where you can plug it into your TV and you can have the features of something like the Wii U with the two screens. Just my two cents. 

I think this would work well because Nintendo wouldn't have to develop for both. It would sell because Nintendo's handhelds always sell good. Maybe Nintendo will realize this is a good strategy for them. They could release a traditional controller for local multiplayer or games that would just support a traditional controller without the use of the second screen. So very similar to what Wii U is. Also, it could even be backwards compatible with 3DS. Bottom screen is used for the bottom screen of 3ds and the 3ds games play on the big TV screen.

If its an HDS, I guess I will be a bit disappointed only because I personally think that there is other things they could do that would be more unique. An HDS is probably what most people are placing bets on though. I truly don't blame anyone for putting bets on it because it seems very likely.

Edited by Colinx, 26 June 2013 - 07:23 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

POPULAR

I want the 3DS to have as long of a lifespan as possible. The 3DS is a fantastic handheld and don't want another handheld for quite a few years. 

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Probably 2 or 3 years.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

it took the ds 7 years, and the 3ds is selling better then what the ds was at the start, so maybe 2017-2018 it all depends on what comes out on that system and when people stop buying it really

wa3Nq7j.png

#7 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

The DS released in 2004, and the 3DS was revealed in 2010. I think it's a safe bet to say 2016.

Edited by Rainbow Dash, 26 June 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#8 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

They just got good support going for the 3DS, there's no way it will be before 2016. At the earliest I think 2017. There's absolutely no game out right now that takes full advantage of the 3DS capabilities, it has room to grow and will easily make it to 2016. I don't know, I can't predict the future, but logic says they will want to milk it for all its worth.. if the Wii U doesn't do great, they might want to move out of the console arena and go solely into the handheld area.

Posted Image

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

I'm saying around 2017-2018.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

I don't want a new handheld soon! I still haven't played enough games on my 3DS and I don't want to buy a new handheld this quick. Plus they won't really develop games for it if the new handheld comes out

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

I love my 3DS XL for now, we always look ahead to the future but right now that future will be how awesome the 3DS's lifespan will be, still hope we get a remake of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire after X and Y, oooooooooooooooo Hoen in full 3D *drools*. Now we have got what we wanted, a fully 3D Pokemon game, I am looking forward to a HD Nintendo handheld with Pokemon in full 3D in HD *drools even more*

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

When the 3DS starts selling badly.. which will take a while. I'm saying 2015 reveal, 2016 release. 

No sig.

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

New games are still trickling onto the DS as we speak.  :)  . Whatever happens, don't expect the 3DS to suddenly become obsolete 

Edited by Sorceror12, 27 June 2013 - 04:13 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

Hmm, i would have to say around 2016-2017. It's selling rather well and they're still making great games for it, also the fact its only a few years old. It needs to live along side the Wii U which i hope will be alive until 2018-2019?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

When Pokemon releases for it, sales will skyrocket and they will continue to sell amazingly for another 4 or 5 years, so I'm guessing 2018.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#16 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

It's going to be a long while and I'm perfectly fine with that. The 3DS has a bright, long future ahead of it.
Posted Image

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

The 3DS will probably have a 6 year life span so I guess 2017 or 2018.

Signature_DK.png

#18 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

I want the 3DS to have as long of a lifespan as possible. The 3DS is a fantastic handheld and don't want another handheld for quite a few years.

The DS released in 2004, and the 3DS was revealed in 2010. I think it's a safe bet to say 2016.

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

I don't Nintendo will wait another 5 years to release their next handheld. 

The GBA lasted three years,  the Gameboy Color lasted three years, etc. The majority of Nintendo franchises are already on the 3DS and its been out for roughly 2.5 years.  Next year will probably be the 3DS's peak and Nintendo will probably announce it at E3 and unveil it in 2015. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#20 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

I love my 3DS XL for now, we always look ahead to the future but right now that future will be how awesome the 3DS's lifespan will be, still hope we get a remake of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire after X and Y, oooooooooooooooo Hoen in full 3D *drools*. Now we have got what we wanted, a fully 3D Pokemon game, I am looking forward to a HD Nintendo handheld with Pokemon in full 3D in HD *drools even more*

Oh, don't even get me thinking on the thought of Pokemon Emerald/Ruby remake. :P I love those games truly and is one of my all time favorite games. The soundtrack, gameplay, and everything is fantastic! Pokemon X/Y looks to be very promising and I hope it delivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!