Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

Coming from a Shacknews interview with Nintendo of America senior director of corporate communications Charlie Scibetta.

"We think we're putting out the right number of Mario games based on what fans are asking for, based on what our own developers' creative visions are. The key to that is as long as there's innovation is occurring within the gameplay, as long as there's new features, then marrying the characters and the IPs that people love is the right call from our standpoint.

If you look at something like Super Mario 3D World, the gameplay on that one that I find really cool is those transparent warp points. Usually you used to go into one and pop out the other, and that was the end of the gameplay experience. Now, there's a whole dynamic there where you can navigate in there, try to avoid enemies, try to get a better advantage. You could theoretically make a whole new game with those kind of gameplay dynamics.

If we didn't put Mario on it, then it would just seem like a new IP. Because there's those new gameplay dynamics like that, we think there's the innovation there that will keep people interested and keep the Mario brand fresh. You could call all the games that we're making here new IP in the sense that they're new gameplay experiences. They just happen to also have the IP that people associate with."

http://gonintendo.co...ic.php?t=116497

Nintendo are definitely making too many Mario games, its insane. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

I hope after this first wave of games(the big games) is done, we're going to get the second one will be the unique ones like Metroid, FZERO Starfox, Kid Icarus. However even though there are WAY too many Mario games., I WANT A DAMN MARIO BASEBALL NINTENDO! MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE!!

Edited by Colinx, 27 June 2013 - 11:27 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

I love Mario, but Nintendo is delusional if they think they're not making too many Mario games. Sorry.
Posted Image

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

Well, Nintendo is turning into activision. It's a. CLEAR PIPE INSTEAD OF A GREEN ONE!!!! This isn't innovation it's a slight change in the game. It could not be a new IP. I could go 5 years without a Mario game and be fine. #marioneedsabreak

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Too many mario games??? Is that possible???

More like not enough.... I need more 

#6 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

If EA is going to cut out Nintendo from sports games, this is the way to go..... I would like to see a version of football too- Atari's Cyberball (from Lynx way back when) would be bad @ss.

Didn't see the point of releasing Luigi so soon- would have been better over Christmas or later, IMO.  Otherwise, I'm fine with the titles they have released, but as mentioned, let's take a break from these and have star fox, metroid etc.

I hope after this first wave of games(the big games) is done, we're going to get the second one will be the unique ones like Metroid, FZERO Starfox, Kid Icarus. However even though there are WAY too many Mario games., I WANT A DAMN MARIO BASEBALL NINTENDO! MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE!!

#7 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

too many filler Mario games if you ask me.

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

The clear pipes is something that should've happened a long time ago IMO. You can do some cool things with level design with it. I'm waiting for that one level that is entirely clear pipes and requires really good timing to beat.

Did they release a lot of Mario games? Yes, but as long as they are all good, I don't see a problem with it.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Too many Mario games wouldn't be too bad if they were origional and not a ton of sequels like we are getting now.

Signature_DK.png

#10 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

I don't think they're making too many Mario games. Of course, it depends on the definition... When I think of "Mario games", I think of the main ones like Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. As far as the other spin-off ones go, sure, they may be making too many.

I'm not entirely sure they're making too many of even those, though.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#11 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

What they're trying to say that they cannot really make a new IP as they could use existing franchises instead. But the more Mario games the merrier, *gets shot by a lot of people due to unpopular opinion*

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#12 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

the gameplay on that one that I find really cool is those transparent warp points

Ya know what... sometimes I really hate Nintendo, recently Miyamoto said that he wasn't making a F-Zero or Starfox because he has no innovation for it, yet it's been over 10 years since we have had one... Yet they create new Mario games with... Transparant Pipes and that's there innovation, ohh... and the cat suit... REALLY GUYS! Is it really so hard to find innovation in them games yet for a mario game you slap on transparent paint and a cat suit and call it a day! Also the Co-Op part of the game is one of their MAIN things, Yet there's no ONLINE. who am I going to play with? all my friends/family don't play mario. Online would fix that but nope... just nope...

Oh and 3D World? 3D land but bigger and has real bosses, 3D LAND WAS SO LINEAR! What happened to the 64 and Sunshine days where i could walk anywhere around a area? Now day Mario's i have to walk a certain path and on the select screen I'm FORCED TO DO THAT LEVEL Even if i don't want to just to progress forward in the game...

Rant over, you guys can all scream at me now...

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Well, Nintendo is turning into activision. It's a. CLEAR PIPE INSTEAD OF A GREEN ONE!!!! This isn't innovation it's a slight change in the game. It could not be a new IP. I could go 5 years without a Mario game and be fine. #marioneedsabreak

3dworld/mario is actually rather unique. I havent talked much about it because i was still dissapointed it wasnt a 64/galaxy style or a 3ds title.

But there is only one other game in existance like it, and thats mario 3dland, on 3ds. Its the only TRUE 3d mario (I can recognize this even though i prefer 64 style) as it seamlessly transitions 2d mario game mechanics into 3d. Which is actually pretty cool and plays like a dream.

Of course, as with all 2d platformers or similarly designed games for me, It wears on me much sooner than the 64 style marios (though not as fast as 2d marios) Notably because of its genre/structure/design.

2d mario and 3dland are pure platformers, 64/sunshine/galaxy are adventure games...

And for me adventure>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every genre because you can make ANY genre an adventure game and it would be leagues better.

contra=side scrolling shmup+adventure=metroid

hack n slash + adventure=zelda

platformer+adventure=mario 64/sunshine/galaxy

I dont think its necessarily nintendos making too much mario, its that nintendo is servicing one specific taste in games very heavily while everyone else is starving, forced to lick their screens while watching the X trailer for sustenence.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

They have just the right amount of mario games, any more would be too much. They just got it out of the way this time.

Signature_Fox.png

#15 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Any game right now would be good! but yes Mario is very over done, lets see some new idea's.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Well I was hoping they took their time and come up with a new original Mario and release in like late 2014 or 2015. Give star fox, wave race, f-zero, and new ip's some shine but...

#17 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why would Nintendo lie to us, there isn't that many Mario games. They are telling the truth..........

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Mario is getting stupidly rediculous, we need somthing new or fresh, or old stuff that hasn't been touched in a while.

#19 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

The last time Mario felt like it truly innovated was the galaxy games (which were brilliant) but seriously Nintendo? Clear pipes, cat suit, and LOCAL multiplayer isn't innovation, its iteration.  How about you iterate a franchise that hasn't had a new release in a while?  Counting 3D World we'll have, what, 8 Mario platformers in 7 years?  That's not even counting Luigi U or remakes and re-releases.  Don't even get me started on the hundreds of Spin-off titles.

I just hope that after they release 3d World and the obligatory sports titles, they give Mario a rest for awhile. They are seriously over-doing it. 

#20 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

No surprise there.  It would have been shocking if they did say they're making too many while one is still in the works.

3D World really needs to be sold to me because right now, I feel there's nothing there for me to even consider buying it.  To me, it just seems the same as 3d land only with cats, clear warp pipes and playable Peach.

I stopped buying into the new super mario side scrollers for the same reason, they're all just the same.  3D Mario games are heading the same way if they're going to make future games just based on 3d land.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!