#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

I just bought a new tv, 32" and 1080p. The best I could find for a price under 300 (discounted, it started at 448). When I play RE6, RE:R or I'm in menus, it looks amazing. However, when I play older games like CoD MW1/2, BO, or GTA4 the games look way worse. Especially CoD has some blurry almost not-HD looking graphis. It's hard to explain so I'll go with blurry.

The most recent game I got is RE6 and it looked waaay better than older games. I haven't tried my other games like Asssassins Creed 2, Splinter Cell Conviction etc... so I wanna know: are these weird graphics because of the games (I heard MW2 runs 600p?) or is my tv not that good?

I also viewed some HD (?) screens of BF3. Looked miiiles better than COD..
No sig.

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Is this for the Xbox 360?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Well the reason CoD doesn't look on your TV is because it doesn't look good on any TV.  :laugh:

Anyway, you can try tinkering with the visuals. My TV you can choose between (natural, brilliant, and bright). Bright mode looks the best, so just try messing with the TV some more. Side note, is your HDMI plugged in?

#4 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

The Xbox 360 comes with normal composite cables. These will be VERY blurry. You need HDMI or component cables, which will make the picture clear.

I'm not sure about the PS3, and if you're already using HD cables then I can't help. Btw, you can tell if they're not HD if they have only 3 wires (standard Red Yellow White).

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

its because those specific games are rendered at a waaaaaaayyyy lower resolution than 1080p and then horribly upscaled.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

I use X360 + HDMI.

So it's basically that the games graphics look crap? I also experienced this on a friend's 22", might it be the screensize? My cousin's 40" tv makes CoD look somewhat better I think. But then again it's a €600.
No sig.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

I use X360 + HDMI.
So it's basically that the games graphics look crap? I also experienced this on a friend's 22", might it be the screensize? My cousin's 40" tv makes CoD look somewhat better I think. But then again it's a €600.

Thats because that tv has a better upscaler.

My old 42' sony grand wega plasma even makes wii games (on a wii) look pretty good (2500 back when i bought it). Back then, there wasnt a lot of hd media, so upscalers were pretty beefy, and speed was a priority. They generally arent even included in the same sense in cheaper leds anymore.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

My TV makes everything look good. But then again, it's an old rear projection and I have never been able to get it perfectly calibrated.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Thats because that tv has a better upscaler.

My old 42' sony grand wega plasma even makes wii games (on a wii) look pretty good (2500 back when i bought it). Back then, there wasnt a lot of hd media, so upscalers were pretty beefy, and speed was a priority. They generally arent even included in the same sense in cheaper leds anymore.

Hm.. so in general, games that run native true/full HD should look as good as Resident Evil games do on my tv? For example, when I'd buy... Black Ops 2 (2012), NSMBU, Mario 3D World, Battlefield 4 on PS4, Mario Kart 8... they will look better? For example, Mario Kart is aiming to be running on 1080p. Black Ops 2 I think, runs on 720p. Both resolutions are HD and need no to  minimal upscaling.

No sig.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hm.. so in general, games that run native true/full HD should look as good as Resident Evil games do on my tv? For example, when I'd buy... Black Ops 2 (2012), NSMBU, Mario 3D World, Battlefield 4 on PS4, Mario Kart 8... they will look better? For example, Mario Kart is aiming to be running on 1080p. Black Ops 2 I think, runs on 720p. Both resolutions are HD and need no to  minimal upscaling.

Yup.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

Yup.

Do you have examples of good looking actual HD games on Xbox with free demos...? I really want to see my tv maxed out. Also, Halo Reach looks horrible on my tv..
No sig.

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

the xbox 360 uses always washed out textures... Only the latest games (2 last years), play at 720p and 1080p... the older ones, use 480-520p textures and ress, upscaled.

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

the xbox 360 uses always washed out textures... Only the latest games (2 last years), play at 720p and 1080p... the older ones, use 480-520p textures and ress, upscaled.

So that's the reason why my 2012 games look waaaay better? Also, Gears of War 2s final level looked amaaaaazing on my tv and it's only a 2009 game... Halo Reach is 2010 (?) and looks like utter crap when compared to that. Still have to try AC2/SCC.
No sig.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Do you have examples of good looking actual HD games on Xbox with free demos...? I really want to see my tv maxed out. Also, Halo Reach looks horrible on my tv..

halo reach is 640p iirc.

halo 4 is the only entry that reached 720p.

There arent really many 360/ps3 games that actually look good iq wise, as the systems really werent powerful enough to deliver high end experiences at 1080p with AA.

Games with really good iq are typically very plain looking, while games with great graphics usually tend to have poor iq.

The best you are going to really get is 720p, no vsync (screen tearing galore) with a little aa if you are lucky.

http://forum.beyond3...ead.php?t=46241

thats a list of all the native resolutions of ps360 games.

halo reach is 640p iirc.

halo 4 is the only entry that reached 720p.

There arent really many 360/ps3 games that actually look good iq wise, as the systems really werent powerful enough to deliver high end experiences at 1080p with AA.

Games with really good iq are typically very plain looking, while games with great graphics usually tend to have poor iq.

The best you are going to really get is 720p, no vsync (screen tearing galore) with a little aa if you are lucky.

http://forum.beyond3...ead.php?t=46241

thats a list of all the native resolutions of ps360 games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

So that's the reason why my 2012 games look waaaay better? Also, Gears of War 2s final level looked amaaaaazing on my tv and it's only a 2009 game... Halo Reach is 2010 (?) and looks like utter crap when compared to that. Still have to try AC2/SCC.

Depends the textures and the ress they used...  Type on google "xbox 360 washed out textures"  and you will find out.

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

Depends the textures and the ress they used... Type on google "xbox 360 washed out textures" and you will find out.

Google didn't help..

Something crossed my mind. My hdmi cable is probably a cheap eBay one (friend gave it to me). Is there a large difference in quality between some cables? That same friend has the same issues on his tv (he doesn't mind it but I do)
No sig.

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

here is another forum with the same problem.. http://www.avforums....24-monitor.html

i think its the games...

Edited by Plutonas, 29 June 2013 - 01:02 AM.

#18 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

here is another forum with the same problem.. http://www.avforums....24-monitor.html

i think its the games...

Dunno... BO2 looks really really good on my friend's 32" hdtv...
No sig.

#19 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

what can I say!!! I dont play xbox lol

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

Google didn't help..

Something crossed my mind. My hdmi cable is probably a cheap eBay one (friend gave it to me). Is there a large difference in quality between some cables? That same friend has the same issues on his tv (he doesn't mind it but I do)

No, a cheap HDMI cable is just as good as the over priced monster cables.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!