Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Similar to the one on the 3DS forums, I think it's a C-Box?  Or a chat feature is completely out of the question on this site again? 

Edited by Zinix, 27 June 2013 - 02:29 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

I think it is called a shoutbox 

wjapt2.jpg

#3 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

It would be a hard, there is still a lot of immaturity amongst the forum. There is even more backstabbing and negatively talking about other members behind their backs. If it were to happen the chat needs to be strict when it comes to following rules.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#4 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

If we all have cooled our jets, we might be able to handle a shoutbox.

Are everyone's jets cooled?

By cooled jets I obviously mean the ability to not have your anus sore after one statement.

Edited by Tom, 27 June 2013 - 02:45 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

It would be a hard, there is still a lot of immaturity amongst the forum. There is even more backstabbing and negatively talking about other members behind their backs. If it were to happen the chat needs to be strict when it comes to following rules.

Stricter rules is what this place needs. The site needs much more stricter policies.  The site pretty much has returned to normalcy in the last two months or so. Members will always talk about each other behind their back, there's not much you  can do about it. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Shoutbox, Yes. Don't see why, if someone is getting out of line then instead of removing the chat, Just ban them from it.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

I think it is called a shoutbox 

Yeah shoutbox. 

#8 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Not any different than the old chat, in the end. The only reason this place is somewhat peaceful is because of the absence of chat.

So, yes it is out of the question, IMO.

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

As of right now, the answer may remain no, but I won't say anything for the future just yet.  The problem wasn't specific users, but the degradation of chat in general and it's attitude and "jokes" spilling onto the forums.

Not only that, but I also do not have permission to add mods and the such to the site.  Remember that feldo may not be here, but he still pays for this place, and I don't think he's willing to pay for a chatbox here.

Shoutbox, Yes.

Yeah shoutbox. 

a shoutbox 

I don't really care for shoutboxes that much...  They just feel so...  old....

#10 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

Obviously I haven't been here lately, how come the chat box disappeared anyway? 

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Obviously I haven't been here lately, how come the chat box disappeared anyway? 

The users weren't mature enough to use the chat. 

http://thewiiu.com/t...al-of-the-chat/

#12 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

i1zpQma.png

#13 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

i1zpQma.png

If someone other than Feld0 loved the chat so much, that they would pay for the license and this whole community wouldn't pounce on each other when there are no mods present, then it would be possible. But I'm fairly certain it's not returning, as Mournblade has already explained. 

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

I was offering to pay for a feature for this site, Feld0 never responded back to me in my email. He probably thought I was joking.  

I don't see the harm in having another chatroom/shoutbox in the future. With the proper staff, updating the rules, and dedication, anything is possible. You got look forward, not backwards. 

#15 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

This is so stupid. If people feel need to talk about others behind there back then yeah the chat should not be brought back.

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

#16 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

I was offering to pay for a feature for this site, Feld0 never responded back to me in my email. He probably thought I was joking.  

I don't see the harm in having another chatroom/shoutbox in the future. With the proper staff, updating the rules, and dedication, anything is possible. You got look forward, not backwards. 

But you also have to learn from your previous mistakes so that you don't repeat them. At the moment, this forum is "peaceful" precisely because of the absence of a chatbox, bringing it back would only rekindle all of the old issues we had with it. The forums aren't any more mature than they were 2 months ago.

Moderating a chatbox is WAY too much work, and thinking that just a couple of extra mods would do the trick is too unrealistic. Updating the rules would be an exercise in futility, considering everyone was already breaking rules left and right.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#17 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

If Wii U Cafe has taught us anything, it's that Shoutbox is a terrible, terrible thing that should not be used.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

I agree but at the same time isn't like 99.9999999999999% of the internet immature? Just how things are dude, it shouldn't ruin things for the people who actually are mature...

#19 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Please don't make this place stricter for the sake of a chat box.  I think there's a happy medium right now of being able to express yourself and not having every thread degrade to nothing but trolling.  And anyway, what's a forum without a few trolls anyway?

zeldasig.jpg

#20 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

Ya know what, I must admit I prefer this site without the chatbox, because I actually use the forums and didn't come here just for the chatbox. I dunno but I just prefer it this way.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!