ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

With the trend of Xbox fans migrating over to PS, I've noticed the PS fanbase has began to rot. They used to be all promoters of fair play but not they look no worse than the Xbox live of last generation. Most gaming groups I'm part of in Facebook all think that Monolith and Plat should make X, P-100 and Bayo 2 multiplat and won't believe me when I say Monolith Soft and Wonderful 101 are Nintendo IP's. The main defense is either: "Nintendo has no IPs", "Those IP's aren't Nintendo!", "Those IP's are kiddie anyway, Sony doesn't need mascots!"

When can the gaming community become one or something? 

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

It can't.

The gaming community is full of elitists, bigots, and just overall intolerant people.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

It can't.

The humanity is full of elitists, bigots, and just overall intolerant people.

:(

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

The gaming community will never become one, even if there is only 1 game left on the entire planet, you will have 1 group of people that likes 1 character and another group that hates that character and more conflict will commence.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

I don't know what it is about the gaming industry, but people can never seem to agree on things. They just can't seem to understand that all companies are good, or that it is possible for nintendo to do something right, or for nintendo to make a new IP.

Seriously, I've had people try to tell me that Microsoft has better IP's than Nintendo.

Yes, Microsoft does have good IP's. Nintendo's are better, my opinion. Microsoft generally gets the best 3rd party (at least they did last gen), and Sony is a mix between both.

They're all good, none are better than the others, but people seem to be inclined to "defend" their personal favourite manufacturer, even when there is no "better" system, there is no "winner" of the console wars, the systems are not the same, they are simply different.

Edited by R00bot, 29 June 2013 - 05:47 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Everyone has a difference of opinion and some just take it too far, unfortunatly that's humans for you, pfffttt humans eh?

#7 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

It can't.

The gaming community is full of elitists, bigots, and just overall intolerant people.

You just described half of the people on this forum.

:ph34r: ...... :P

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#8 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

You just described half of the people on this forum.

:ph34r: ...... :P

#YouOnlyYOLOOnce

3/4 would be a more accurate measurement.

Edited by Tom, 29 June 2013 - 01:09 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

I'm at the point that I don't really give a flying stewie about what everyone thinks. I'm not a serious gamer and never have been, and Nintendo is pretty much the only company capable of having a good line up of games that strike a balance between lighthearted play and enjoyment to continue playing. All other systems have primarily games that are either really bloody or really simple. And that is all that really matters.

Though I do want to play LittleBigPlanet though...

Edited by grahamf, 29 June 2013 - 07:54 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

With the trend of Xbox fans migrating over to PS, I've noticed the PS fanbase has began to rot. They used to be all promoters of fair play but not they look no worse than the Xbox live of last generation. Most gaming groups I'm part of in Facebook all think that Monolith and Plat should make X, P-100 and Bayo 2 multiplat and won't believe me when I say Monolith Soft and Wonderful 101 are Nintendo IP's. The main defense is either: "Nintendo has no IPs", "Those IP's aren't Nintendo!", "Those IP's are kiddie anyway, Sony doesn't need mascots!"

When can the gaming community become one or something? 

It's no use arguing with those people. They just don't understand how big Nintendo is and what exclusivity means. I hope Xbox is still successful, same with CoD. They are buffers that keep people of games I enjoy. 

#11 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

It can't.

Humanity is full of elitists, bigots, and just overall intolerant people.

fixed ^^

#12 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm the dreaded casual gamer- I've pretty much owned Nintendo stuff.  Had the SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and a Wii.... I just can't imagine getting a system and not being able to play Mario Bros., Donkey Kong or MarioKart. 

Anyway, I've been rather shocked at how so many people hate on Nintendo and fans of Nintendo.  It's just a game.

I don't know what it is about the gaming industry, but people can never seem to agree on things. They just can't seem to understand that all companies are good, or that it is possible for nintendo to do something right, or for nintendo to make a new IP.

Seriously, I've had people try to tell me that Microsoft has better IP's than Nintendo.

Yes, Microsoft does have good IP's. Nintendo's are better, my opinion. Microsoft generally gets the best 3rd party (at least they did last gen), and Sony is a mix between both.

They're all good, none are better than the others, but people seem to be inclined to "defend" their personal favourite manufacturer, even when there is no "better" system, there is no "winner" of the console wars, the systems are not the same, they are simply different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!