• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Kurtiss isn't even your overlord here.

I AM.

O-Of course! T-That's totally what I-I meant.

Kurtiss? I don't know no Kurtiss.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#62 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

...I can't respect it here, since it's completely irrelevant to the Wii-U.

And on your second...it's NOT dying down... it seems to be doing the opposite... >.<

Look at my avatar. Does this have ANYTHING to do with Nintendo, let alone the Wii U? Heck, have any of my avatars had anything to do with Nintendo? Are any of my fandoms related to Nintendo? Heck, I'm a huge fan of Cardcaptors, which could very well be considered the mid-1990s Japanese equivalent to MLP... Do you respect me?

So far I have rarely seen any MLP in the gaming boards, the only place where MLP shouldn't tread. MLP has spread into the other boards, yes, but that's okay. Because those boards were MADE for non-gaming stuff. So long as the Museum doesn't get flooded with MLP fanart and the chat board remains with only one topic about MLP, then their fandom should be left alone. Simple as that.

And as for the dying down... Well, sure, Feld0 changed his name (I'm assuming temporarily), but so did Lord N. One fan becomes a stronger fan, probably to push the MLP board, while another switches his advertised fandom to something completely different. And like I said, chances are other people will do the same as Atsubro once games start coming out and they want to show what they're currently playing. The only reason MLP became popular here in the first place is because both the Wii and 3DS are having dry spouts, and because a great admin advertised it. When great games like Kid Icarus comes out people will start to go back to gaming fandoms. It happens to me every single Umineko translation...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#63 Turbo Tails 8027

Turbo Tails 8027

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, racing games and Yoshi

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

I admire your logic, but MLP doesn't have a place in "Know Your Meme" for nothing...
Posted Image
Image by MLDragoMaster, with text from AudiYoshi on YAF

#64 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

I admire your logic, but MLP doesn't have a place in "Know Your Meme" for nothing...

...No matter how many meme sites MLP ends up in, it will NEVER surpass Touhou. EVER. And Touhou isn't even sold outside of comiket...

...So if Touhou isn't very prevalent here, what makes you with MLP will stay for much longer?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#65 Turbo Tails 8027

Turbo Tails 8027

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

Aside from the fact it seems to be spreading almost undeservedly fast?
Posted Image

#66 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

I think you're overreacting a bit... everyone is allowed to have their interests and fandoms. I know it seems like ponies have infested the board, but it's only really a small fad that a handful of members have gotten into. I understand your shock at such an unlikely fandom becoming so popular on a gaming board, but you have to respect that fandom all the same. I guarantee that this fandom will slowly die down and return this place to a gaming forum once games start coming out, but you have to be patient.

Honestly, I think it's starting to die down already, with a certain member being taken with Devil Survivor overclocked :P
Just wait until a mario game comes out. Or the September conference... I heard from a certain /v/ board that Yoshi might be important ;)

Would that certain member be me, Atsubro?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#67 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

I believe so.
(P.S. It still says your from Unova.)
Posted Image

#68 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Is there any other Atsubro here? :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#69 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

Look at my avatar. Does this have ANYTHING to do with Nintendo, let alone the Wii U? Heck, have any of my avatars had anything to do with Nintendo? Are any of my fandoms related to Nintendo? Heck, I'm a huge fan of Cardcaptors, which could very well be considered the mid-1990s Japanese equivalent to MLP... Do you respect me?

So far I have rarely seen any MLP in the gaming boards, the only place where MLP shouldn't tread. MLP has spread into the other boards, yes, but that's okay. Because those boards were MADE for non-gaming stuff. So long as the Museum doesn't get flooded with MLP fanart and the chat board remains with only one topic about MLP, then their fandom should be left alone. Simple as that.

And as for the dying down... Well, sure, Feld0 changed his name (I'm assuming temporarily), but so did Lord N. One fan becomes a stronger fan, probably to push the MLP board, while another switches his advertised fandom to something completely different. And like I said, chances are other people will do the same as Atsubro once games start coming out and they want to show what they're currently playing. The only reason MLP became popular here in the first place is because both the Wii and 3DS are having dry spouts, and because a great admin advertised it. When great games like Kid Icarus comes out people will start to go back to gaming fandoms. It happens to me every single Umineko translation...

Wertville, you hit the nail right on the head. Honestly, the MLP invasion here isn't nearly as invasive as some of you are making it out to be. Now, should I not be allowed to change my username and avatar to reflect something I'm into? I welcome all fandoms here on this forum, and it just so happens that a high concentration of our more active members have an MLP avatar. I do think we're honestly pretty good about keeping all the MLP discussion contained in the one thread, though. Some of you are honestly overreacting just a little too much to what is only a short marketing stunt for mlpforums.com. I'll change my name back to Feld0 soon enough.

Also, I never said it was a problem that we get more traffic from people looking for Fluttershy than a Wii U forum. I simply presented that screenshot as an observation. But if that's the kind of traffic we're getting, I might as well try to direct it over to mlpforums.com while it's here (you hear me, guests? If you came here looking for Fluttershy, please go to mlpforums.com!)

And those of you wondering what happened to Yoshi... well, he's right up next. I have even bigger plans for Yoshi than the pony crew. ;)

#70 Turbo Tails 8027

Turbo Tails 8027

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

Well, actually, I've found it quite a bit more invasive than that... and it's been making me feel super awkward about it as a result, really sorry about that. (The "mildly" disturbing look DID disturb me... a lot more than you were expecting.)
I really hope they listen to that, AND that the Yoshi thing does kick off into something huge...
Posted Image

#71 MLdragoMaster

MLdragoMaster

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:00 AM

*Looks at all posts*
NOOOOOOOOOOO Why Feld0, WHY?!
And here's proof of it being more invasive:
Check your newest forums theme. Now you see that it is MUCH more invasive...
And you created that yourself. Man, I got surprised when I saw your Text Colour, Avatar, Name.... Please give Hedgehogs a little bit of the spotlight ;)

Posted Image

#72 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:35 AM

I don't think that the ponies are overly invasive. The Wii U and General Gaming forums are pony-free. The rest of the forum is mostly ponyless too. Occasionally ponies will be mentioned in other threads, but they are mainly confined to the MLP thread, so I don't see what the problem is. As for the pony theme, that's entirely optional and members who don't like it can simply stick with the default one, so it's not really invasive.

#73 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

No, no, NOOOOOOOOO!
I can't believe a bad show is taking over the forums.
DENIAL TIME
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#74 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Looks like everyone has calmed down now, except for 3DS Strider. Such a shame, it was being so much fun.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#75 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

Okay, just start talking about THE WII U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#76 Fire Mario

Fire Mario

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario! Pokemon, Kirby, and much more.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Anyway, I can't wait for SSB for the Wii U.
Posted Image

#77 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

Completely off topic, Mario.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#78 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:38 AM

I hope people that come to this site don't think the Wii U is for My Little Pony.

Edited by GameCube, 08 September 2011 - 04:40 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#79 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

It's a good show, but these numbers still scare me. Hey Feld0, could you show us some more up to date stats as to the search results this site shows up under?
Posted Image

#80 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

It's a good show, but these numbers still scare me. Hey Feld0, could you show us some more up to date stats as to the search results this site shows up under?

Sure, here you go.

Search Stats.png

It appears the situation has gotten "worse". A few notable search phrases that are further down the list past that screenshot include "flutterguy", "i hate ponies", "princess celestia", "my little pony 4chan", "horse pictures only", and even "my little pony wii".

We've also had at least 4 guests find mlpforums.com through this forum and register there without registering here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Google, Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!