27 replies to this topic

#1 bobbyb9827

bobbyb9827

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Hey all,

I know this is going to seem stupid coming to a WiiU forum to ask this question, but I figured you guys are the most informed when it comes to the WiiU. So this next gen console thing has become a really hard decision. Last gen I was a 360/Wii gamer as i love sports games I got most of them on 360 along with multiplats and then I just played the hell out of the Nintendo exclusives on Wii. The $400 and $500 price points of the PS4/XBOne has really turned me off for those. I've heard rumors that the WiiU is underpowered and isn't getting a lot of 3rd party support. This is kind of leaning me towards the PS4 but i'm not really sure. Since most of you already have a WiiU, is it safe to say that it will last through the next gen? 

Thanks for your help!

Bobby.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

POPULAR

You had a wii and a 360. You already know the answer to this.

The wii u is nowhere near as underpowered as wii was however, and its getting better third party support.... Just different 3rd party support.

Instead of crap crap minigames and dance garbage 70, its getting bayonetta 2 and wonderful 101.

You will want a wii u for the same reason you enjoyed a wii. There are awesome games on it you just cant get anywhere else, Like Monolith softs X.

For the cloned to hell and back homogenized aaa garbage fest thats about to finally die a hopefully excrutiating death this gen, you will want a ps4/xbox or a mid range pc (i5+ decent graphic card)

Id suggest ps4 since its smaller, cheaper, more powerful, and has Sce exclusives.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

Honestly, Wii U does have terrible 3rd party support. Get a PS4 for that. Get a Wii U if you like games like Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong etc. I'm going with both of the consoles.

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Yes, I am pretty sure it will last through next gen. You said that you played a lot of the First-Party Wii exclusives, well you're gonna love the Wii U! :D By the end of next year we'll have Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3...

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

PC master race.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

PC master race.

Wont work out to well for him, one of his big interests are sports games, and last i heard ea wont be bringing their ignite engine (powers all their future sports games) to pc.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Get the Wii u if you enjoy Nintendo titles. Things will pick up. I have 9 games, and by next year, there will be at least 15 that I could see myself getting.

#8 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

Although there is a lot of hype in the game press for the upcoming ps4 and xbox one we don't actually know if they will succeed. The gaming market has become more fragmented and the world is still in a bad recession. I think both consoles will storm out of the gates so to speak at the beginning but like wii u they may struggle to maintain momentum.

For me the ps4 looks fantastic, its more powerful and cheaper than xbox one and will get good game support from japan, the usa and europe I'm sure.

Nintendo are really struggling to sell the wii u and some of the prices are ridiculously low in Europe. I imagine the Foxconn production line is probably running at very low levels, it may even have been halted for the moment. Nintendo have a real fight on their hands.

This competition with 3 companies desperate to sell consoles can only be good for consumers. I say time your purchases correctly to get the maximum value for your pound or dollar and buy both ps4 and wii u.

That said the old wisdom when it came to consoles was find the games you want and buy the console that most run on. Then with the advent of onliine gaming the wisdom was buy the console that your friends also have. It's really just a matter of working out what is most important to you.

#9 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Make your choice.

The Wii U, with it's amazing first party support and nintendo goodness that can be found nowhere else. A good choice, also opinion.

The PS4, with it's good first party support and fantastic third party support. A good choice, but that's opinion.

The Xbox One, with it's..uh...TV features, and most of the games that come with PS4 and PC. I guess.

EDIT: And HALO, i guess.

Edited by CookieEpic, 30 June 2013 - 10:23 AM.

86c.gif

#10 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

all the big companies betting in you buying a ps4 and or an xbox 1... they push people to buy these machines.. If 1 of them goes bad.. and I mean BAD... Then wii U will be their second choice.

I smell microsoft failing.. 

#11 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

PS4 = Everything

Wii U = Exclusives

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

PC master race.

$1500 overpriced machine master race you mean?

Signature_DK.png

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Look at the USA pre-orders up to date....   Only ps4 watchdogs have 33.000 pre-orders...

xbox one is invisible.. does not exist in the pre-orders.. in the usa!  http://www.vgchartz....ders/41448/USA/

Pc is always cheaper and better... you may give 1300 euros to buy a high end pc.. but it produce much better quality games and pc games are cheaper. The problem is, that they try to slow it down with DRMs, thats why pc gamers do piracy.. lol

so instead of giving 60-70 for a game, u give 30 and some times much less.. ( or nothing at all:P

ps: EA announced that they will remove ORIGIN from their games, they will give it a different role.

Edited by Plutonas, 30 June 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#14 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Because Tv Box that watches you master race is better.

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Because Tv Box that watches you master race is better.

Genius!....Not really.........

Signature_DK.png

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

If your a Nintendo fan who also likes third party support get a PS4 first, then a Wii U, that's the mistake I made, I got a Wii U first and apart from the first 2 months it's been boring, get a Wii U once there are more games to play, saying that though, Pikmin 3 is just around the corner :)

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yes, I am pretty sure it will last through next gen. You said that you played a lot of the First-Party Wii exclusives, well you're gonna love the Wii U! :D By the end of next year we'll have Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3...

And don't forget Sonic Lost Worlds.

To OP: Some games just won't come to the Wii U no matter what. If you want those games ... You'll need another console.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#18 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

The wii u is nowhere near as underpowered as wii was however, and its getting better third party support.... Just different 3rd party support.

Instead of crap crap minigames and dance garbage 70, its getting bayonetta 2 and wonderful 101.

You will want a wii u for the same reason you enjoyed a wii. There are awesome games on it you just cant get anywhere else, Like Monolith softs X.

For the cloned to hell and back homogenized aaa garbage fest thats about to finally die a hopefully excrutiating death this gen, you will want a ps4/xbox or a mid range pc (i5+ decent graphic card)

Id suggest ps4 since its smaller, cheaper, more powerful, and has Sce exclusives.

Your lips to God's ears in bold.

Personally, I would get the PS4 in the OP situation. If what Nintendo showed at E3 is not enough for him, he needs to look elsewhere first, and get a Wii U when he no longer has to ask the question.  

#19 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Bayo and 101 are first party though. 

#20 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

PC = Everything ELSE

Wii U =  Best Exclusives

Fixed! :D

Bayo and 101 are first party though. 

Technically 2nd.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!