23 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

Should I get a XBox One or a PS4?

I preordered the PS4, but with a bit of trouble, I can change my preorder to the XBox One. The XBox One is more expensive, but it also has Kinect, which adds to it. I don't buy it being a serious invasion of privacy more than any other device is.

I don't actually care much about the exclusives to either platform. Except maybe for Forza on the XBox side.

Something which sells me on the PS4 is it being more powerful. Though it's not quite as much more powerful than I thought it'd be.

I think I'm making the right decision with the PS4 because it's cheaper, more powerful, and Sony arguably has better JRPGs on their platforms and I'm a slight JRPG fan. The main reason I want one of the two consoles is to play Madden.

I'm posting this outside of my preorders thread because I think the points are a little different. But if it gets merged, oh well.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

PS4. PS4 will have better exclusives, including JRPGS like you said, and I'm a big fan of those. It's cheaper, the console isn't large, and I owned a PS3 this generation as I prefer Sony to Microsoft.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

ps4. Sce still has it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

I would buy the PS4, it's cheaper, more powerful, and has better exclusives. Also, I don't trust Microsoft anymore, what will stop them from selling 40 million consoles and then reversing their policies? Nothing. They already did a quick reversal, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did another one.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Personally, I'd go with PS4. Namely because quite a few "Microsoft-exclusive" franchises find their way to PC or PS4 eventually anyway.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

PS4, looks like an amazing console, I can't wait to get mine :D

#7 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

I too say PS4.
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Playstation 4 definitely! The only reason to get an Xbox One is for Titanfall and Halo 5. But you can get Titanfall on Xbox360. Plus, knowing EA, they will more than like eventually bring to PS4 for extra money. 

PS4 is cheaper (console price and online gaming), their exclusives are better, it's more powerful, includes a headset with the box, the Share feature, and I think you can upgrade your HDD for PS4 but not XboxOne.

#9 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'm personally getting a PS4 FIRST. Then I'll eventually pick up a XBONE later down the road. You can ask for our opinions as much as you want, but at the end of the day, just go with your gut feeling. Obviously majority of us are going to tell you to get a PS4, but if you think you'd like kinect and a little interested in Forza, then go for it. Xbox 360 had a few JRPG exclusives so I'm sure XBONE would too.

I just don't want everybody trying to get you to hop on the bandwagon if your that undecided.

Edited by NewEra KiiD, 02 July 2013 - 09:23 AM.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

I'm personally getting a PS4 FIRST. Then I'll eventually pick up a XBONE later down the road. You can ask for our opinions as much as you want, but at the end of the day, just go with your gut feeling. Obviously majority of us are going to tell you to get a PS4, but if you think you'd like kinect and a little interested in Forza, then go for it. Xbox 360 had a few JRPG exclusives so I'm sure XBONE would too.
I just don't want everybody trying to get you to hop on the bandwagon if your that undecided.

It's okay, I've scored big before listening to people here and I've also been disappointed doing so. What's most important is people often bring up points that I didn't know or have forgotten, like I didn't actually know the PS4 is coming with a headset included.

#11 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

If you asked me during E3, I would say PS4, no questions asked. But now, the only thing that affects my decision for one of these consoles or the other is the price, with everything else, there are just too many unknowns for me. I think right now, PS4 has me more than Xbox One, but I still don't really want a PS4 that much, so saying I want one over the other means nothing at the moment. Sure, one day I will get one of these two consoles (Mainly because of Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III) but currently, I don't really care about either console.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

It's up to you.
I always pic playstation over xbox .
Also the ps4 has a camera so it can do some kinet type stuff.
But it's still your choice and what games you play.
I like killzone and its only a Sony game.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Madden is pretty much the only reason I'd consider PS4.......That said, I'm still having fun with Madden on Wii U and probably will be fine with this edition for at least through next year.  If I got another console, I'd wait at least a year after launch.  

Should I get a XBox One or a PS4?

I preordered the PS4, but with a bit of trouble, I can change my preorder to the XBox One. The XBox One is more expensive, but it also has Kinect, which adds to it. I don't buy it being a serious invasion of privacy more than any other device is.

I don't actually care much about the exclusives to either platform. Except maybe for Forza on the XBox side.

Something which sells me on the PS4 is it being more powerful. Though it's not quite as much more powerful than I thought it'd be.

I think I'm making the right decision with the PS4 because it's cheaper, more powerful, and Sony arguably has better JRPGs on their platforms and I'm a slight JRPG fan. The main reason I want one of the two consoles is to play Madden.

I'm posting this outside of my preorders thread because I think the points are a little different. But if it gets merged, oh well.

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

Okay so I've actually decided I'd rather have the XBox One. I want to play Forza, maybe Titanfall, maybe Ryse, and use the Kinect. The problem is, it's going to be more trouble than I thought to change my preorder. It's a long story there. So I may be stuck with a PS4, lol.

Edited by Amnesia, 04 July 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#15 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

Id get xbox one first its going to be a great system dont listen to all the haters saying that its a weak console the ps4 is not that much more powerful than it. Rember how the ps3 was supposed to be so much more powerful than 360 looked how that turned out most mutiplatform games always looked better on the xbox.  With all this being said I have both systems preordered cause I love the exclusives both systems have to offer. If anything keep your ps4 preorder and get killzone for it will be amazing and just gte the xbox one in the spring or summer next year.

Posted Image

#16 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

PS4 easy, I don't trust MS after trying to pull the DRM and no used games policy over our heads. Maybe they backed off now but what if they do a 360 :D and say we changed pur mind or we leave it up to the publishers now wetrher you can wan't to play a used game now.
Screw MS, screw lame ass Kinect that nobody wants but has to pay for(and I'm a long time xbox owner) + it's a $100 cheaper.

Edited by MOFO, 06 July 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#17 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

PS4 easy, I don't trust MS after trying to pull the DRM and no used games policy over our heads. Maybe they backed off now but what if they do a 360 :D and say we changed pur mind or we leave it up to the publishers now wetrher you can wan't to play a used game now.
Screw MS, screw lame ass Kinect that nobody wants but has to pay for(and I'm a long time xbox owner) + it's a $100 cheaper.

I agree about the kinnect part I had no interest in it but there are rumors going around microsoft might drop the kinect and make it so its not required and in return come in a 400 like the ps4 if that happens then things will get real interesting loll

Posted Image

#18 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Rumors are just that rumors, but I don't see them just dropping Kinect and making it optional at this point.

#19 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

PlayStation 4.

Because I am a good Sony fan(boy).

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo.