Photo

Just got MH3 Ultimate. Got some questions.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

So ive got my mh3 ultimate today.

I have played offline since i got it, then i had a question in the Miiverse and this guy asked, if i would like him to help me in online mode.

Now it apears Offline and Online mode are two totally different worlds. 

Is it a waste of time playing Offline mode?

Should i just progress in multiplayer?

I got so confussed now :S

Can some explain the differences between offline, and online mode? (other than its online ofc.. lol :) )

Edited by Marcus Noer, 02 July 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#2 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

The best help I can provide is this series of videos by Pro Jared. It helped me out a lot when I was getting started in Monster Hunter.

But to answer your questions, you should play offline mode for a while and build up your character so that you can take on the harder missions online. Never ignore one in favor of the other as you will benefit more by doing both.

Edited by SolxBurst, 02 July 2013 - 03:45 PM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#3 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

You can start whatever mode you want first, it doesn't matter. All equipment gets carried over to either mode. I personally jumped into online mode as soon as I got the game and didn't touch offline mode until I was a high HR. It's not a waste to play offline mode. You need to finish those quests anyway in order to unlock some monsters to play with online.

#4 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for posting.... I got this game about a month ago, tried it then, and except for another attempt last night, haven't played it.  

The best help I can provide is this series of videos by Pro Jared. It helped me out a lot when I was getting started in Monster Hunter.

But to answer your questions, you should play offline mode for a while and build up your character so that you can take on the harder missions online. Never ignore one in favor of the other as you will benefit more by doing both.

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Pro Jared is your man for Mh.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Its like starting on a new MMORPG. So mutch to learn.

I think i will do offline for a while, then when i am skilled enought i will go online. 

I was in a online party, we did my quests, and it felt like i was getting bosted. i was totally useless.

Can it really be true you have to google almost every single quest to know where to go? or even to get to know what you are looking for. 

Edited by Marcus Noer, 02 July 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

Monster Hunter is awesome, so glad I got it, it's confusing at first but you get the hang of it after a while :D

#8 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

There's two places: Moga Village (singleplayer) and Tanzia Port (multiplayer).

Moga Village

-designed for one person, so the monsters don't do a ton of damage and don't have huge amounts of health.

-where the game's "story" is.

-two levels of difficulty:Low and High rank

-one monster exclusive to this mode, as well as certain ranks of monsters exclusive (there's no low rank Arzuros quest in Tanzia, while there is Moga)

-where you obtain your two AI companions

-where your fishing fleet and farm are.  While these can be accessed online, can only be upgraded by doing things in the village

-some items can only be obtained here

Tanzia Port

-has quests designed for multiple people so the monsters hit harder and can take more punishment.

-six monsters exclusive to this mode

-three types of the port: Single (by yourself and AI companions), local multiplayer (can only connect to 3ds players and may only bring one AI companion if there's one or two people in the group), and online multiplayer

-three levels of difficulty: Low, High, and G rank

-event and arena quests can only be done here

Completing quests in one mode does not affect the other (with one exception) and any equipment you get in one you can use in the other.  You could theoretically do every quest online before you do even one quest offline, and vice versa.  When it's all said and done, Moga is like a tutorial for Tanzia, and is also a great way of getting certain items.  You really shouldn't ignore either mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!