#141 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

It can not be Star fox, as I've said before, MIYAMOTO SAID THE FUTURE RESTED ON SF643D!!!! HOW CAN A GAME BE IN DEVELOPMENT WHEN THE GAME THAT WILL DETERMINE THE FRANCHISE'S FUTURE ISN'T OUT YET?

But it is, I've been playing it all day on my 3DS...
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#142 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

No, what he meant was, that because Miyamoto said Nintendo wouldn't develop a new Star Fox so willingly if Star Fox 64 3D wasn't so easily successful, that it's impossible for development to have already begun if the 'decider' (in this case being SF643D) hadn't even been released at the time.

He didn't say that Star Fox 64 3D hasn't been released, although N is a bit... bad with his explanations... as am I.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#143 o51enough

o51enough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

I doubt it's star fox. Miyamoto went out stating Star Fox 64 3D would be the test of interest for Star Fox. There is no way that Retro could be entering crunch time after close to 4-6 months after the initial release of SF643D.

Why can't you? It's more likely then a Zelda or a Metroid, as Nintendo would want it at launch for the WiiU. Their Mario teamd are either working on 2D Mario 3DS or Starting new mario game development. Mario sells consoles. That's just logic in my book, and it's more likely it's mario then anything else IMO

Because they came out saying they were finally working on “a project everyone wants us to do”.

I may have reading into this wrong but I got the impression it's an ip that hasn't been touched this generation on the wii.

I agree Mario is popular, but is it what 'everyone' (fans) would say they want retro to do?

Would Mario be referred to as a project? Maybe i'm reading it wrong.

I'm not so sure... I think it'll be something that's not been touched for a while like Metriod/StarFox/Donkey Kong, etc

Edited by o51enough, 31 January 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#144 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Because they came out saying they were finally working on “a project everyone wants us to do”.

I may have reading into this wrong but I got the impression it's an ip that hasn't been touched this generation on the wii.

I agree Mario is popular, but is it what 'everyone' (fans) would say they want retro to do?

Would Mario be referred to as a project? Maybe i'm reading it wrong.

I'm not so sure... I think it'll be something that's not been touched for a while like Metriod/StarFox/Donkey Kong, etc

A donkey kong game was made a few months ago.

They could still be making a new IP though.

#145 o51enough

o51enough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

New IP?.....

Posted Image

Edited by o51enough, 01 February 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#146 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

New IP?.....

Posted Image

I can see they are still in the beta stage. I mean, the boobs are in unequal proportion. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#147 o51enough

o51enough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

I can see they are still in the beta stage. I mean, the boobs are in unequal proportion. :P

I think it may be the angle. Don't know actually.... I found it online, minus the mushrooms which i added to make sure I didn't get in trouble on here.

#148 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

It can not be Star fox, as I've said before, MIYAMOTO SAID THE FUTURE RESTED ON SF643D!!!! HOW CAN A GAME BE IN DEVELOPMENT WHEN THE GAME THAT WILL DETERMINE THE FRANCHISE'S FUTURE ISN'T OUT YET?
As for it Being F-zero, I doubt that as well, as Miyamoto said that while they were looking into a few months ago. I have my doubts that it's F-Zero, simply because Nintendo needs a big launch. Neither F-Zero or Starfox could provide a big launch. It's obvious that neither Star-fox or F-zero would count as a major deal on one's career as an artist. The only things that would count would be Kid Icarus style reboot or a Mario game. Heck, maybe they are doing Star-Tropics for all I care.

Miyamoto wasn't taken seriously either. He might not have even meant what he said. He just said , doesn't mean he meant it.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#149 DigitalGreenTea

DigitalGreenTea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

I would love a Star Fox from them! But they can pretty much use ANY franchise and make an amazing game, so if it's not Star Fox, that would be OK! Do a Barrel roll!

Posted Image

DGT - The Nintendo Enthusiast

#150 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

It's more believable that Miyamoto said that just to get more sales for Star Fox 64 3D, knowing full well that the game in particular wasn't going to be that great as expected, like a lot of things Nintendo has done.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#151 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

I would love to see Retro take on Zelda, but in particular the OoT canon. I love that particular Link in Zelda lore, his story is so sad. However the problem with that is that his story has already come to fruition. I do hope the next Zelda is brilliant like all the other games, but I do hope the story is a lot deeper. Skyward sword was awesome, but there were some story aspects I wish they had expanded on. For instance the Sheika; I really wanted more of an explanation as to the origins of the tribe, there are other things as well but I won't say anything for those who haven't played it. Anyway, I think Retro would be perfect to make a Zelda game; maybe they could focus on the story while EAD in Japan focus on game mechanics. The next Zelda I believe will be like the second coming of OoT, and Retro would be the perfect vehicle for the ride.

#152 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Retro will be releasing Conduit 3 then metroid and other games

#153 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

Why would retro release Conduit 3? It's a High Voltage Franchise, not Nintendo's.

I want to see Retro work on something original, they've had 10 years of experience now, and with the new staff they're hiring I reckon they could do it.

#154 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

After seeing this, I'm suddenly very interested in a Retro-developed Zelda. Of course this is just a fan concept, but it really does look like something Retro would pull off. Metroid Prime was more of a mature and realistic game than previous entries in the Metroid series, so it's possible that if they took on Zelda then we could end up with something much more mature and dark like this.

http://brunjaa.tumbl...s-of-the-future

Posted Image

Posted Image

#155 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

I actually believe that Retro is making a Zelda game.

Here's why I believe this:

-Retro Hires New devs. that have worked on AAA HD games.

-Myamoto Says that Zelda Wii U will be a prime candidate for High Rez Graphics.

-He also says he wouldn't mind collaborating with Retro to make a Zelda game.

-Retro Said they're working on "A project that everyone wants us to do." (I don't know about you, but I live with someone who won't stop saying Retro should make a Zelda game.)

-A new employee says the game "Could be my greatest achievement."

And finally: -Nintendo will do what they can to not have a repeat of the 3DS, which means an AAA game at launch, and Retro has been working on this for a little over a year.(Remember, DKCR was developed in a year.)
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#156 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

After seeing this, I'm suddenly very interested in a Retro-developed Zelda. Of course this is just a fan concept, but it really does look like something Retro would pull off. Metroid Prime was more of a mature and realistic game than previous entries in the Metroid series, so it's possible that if they took on Zelda then we could end up with something much more mature and dark like this.

http://brunjaa.tumbl...s-of-the-future

Posted Image

I really like this idea, especially the take on Princess Zelda. Pretty warrior like.

#157 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

Guys, Retro is not working on a new Zelda. Zelda games sell over time. Why would Nintendo jeopardize their sales of SS with another Zelda?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#158 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

Guys, Retro is not working on a new Zelda. Zelda games sell over time. Why would Nintendo jeopardize their sales of SS with another Zelda?

Because SS is the Fastest selling Zelda game ever?!
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#159 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

SS is for an entirely different platform. Besides, if my theory of Retro's Zelda being more mature is true, then it appeals to an entirely different audience aswell. Nintendo wants hardcore gamers to buy the Wii U, so having a hardcore Zelda game at or near launch makes sense. The Wii will probably still sell for a couple more years, so SS is a game that appeals more to the casual gamer crowd that will be purchasing Wiis in that time.

Posted Image

#160 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

Yeah the whole SS sales arguement is irrelevent tbh. If Retro is indeed making Zelda, I would like it to possibly be steampunk style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!