• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

NOTE: everything here is just what if's. They may be untruthful. Take them with a grain of salt, and treat them like the speculation it is!

Something is not sitting right with me. Relating directly with third parties.

We are currently seeing a ... weird trend. Its almost unnatural!

when the wii u was about to release gaming news was very positive to it showing excitement from the journalist themselves. But almost every new site on the same day turned negative on Nintendo. something i have not seen for any console ever.

But it does not stop there, the trend continued with EA, announcing a partnership with Nintendo, but then releasing bad ports and one good one (one that probably cost them too much to give up on). Then soon after turned their backs, and cutting off bigger titles that were already working on the system. It seemed too sudden and too far off launch for them to be angry about origin.

But now we have Ubisoft doing the exact same thing, saying they want it to be successful but the next day saying it is not worth their money or time to make exclusives. And there is the whole, Rayman Legends thing.

It all just seems to fallow too much of a pattern, and then with EA saying they have a partnership with Microsoft just strengthens this idea.

What if Microsoft is causing this, (i honestly also expect some foul play from Sony too, but not as much as i did before) I mean Fifa 13 is a pretty big tell with it using an older engine. What if, Microsoft made partnership with EA after EA partnered with Nintendo... but they made their deal sweeter.

Why is Square suddenly making KH for a system that it will not sell well on? Maybe Microsoft does not see Sony as as big as a threat as Nintendo. Afterall, nintendo did outsell them last gen. Microsoft may be trying to weed them out.

Or maybe I am being paranoid.

Edited by Cloud Windfoot Omega, 05 July 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

POPULAR

The only way to sabotage Nintendo is to destroy their first party games, which isn't happening. As long as they have great first party exclusives, everything else is just a bonus.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

Ubisoft with rayman legends actually let the cat out of the bag: they were obviously pulling back.

Legends was a launch window game. It wasnt a game to be sold once the system gained traction. It was to be one more reason TO GET a wii u.

Then ubi went back on their word and really hurt Nintendo with their lack of support, despite the game being ready and despite Nintendo having given ubi soft prime time e3 marketing time.

There's no way around that.

Anyone can say: "oh. We want to sell better, so we are going to wait until a system has more sales. But they also know the game when they sign up for launch.

Then there was a lot of love given to Sony this year, while at the same time withholding info on nintendo multiplat games that crossover the ps4 and wii u.

At the very least, there appears to be some undercurrent of favoritism, for whatever reason. But recent contradictory statements regarding wii u also smell more than a little fishy.

Now the mention of doubt regarding future wii u development unless x,y,z... It's all sounding a bit rough.

#4 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

I think EA are trying to sabotage the Wii U to be honest... Maybe that is to do with a new, better deal from Microsoft. But, who knows?

Bring the noise.

#5 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

If you want my opinion, you should chalk it up to bad third party sales at launch. It seemed that people just weren't into third party launch titles and now they're skeptical about putting games on the Wii U. 

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

EA is DEFINITELY trying to sabotaged the Wii U, saying all sorts of false things about it. EA are just twisted human beings that only care for money and themselves. I mean for crying out loud they raged because Fifa 13 sold bad, a game which was ALREADY MONTHS OLD (Meaning the people who did want to get it already got it, obviously no one will buy it twice) sold badly. So they aren't releasing Fifa 14 on the Wii U but will release it on the Playstation 2. 

Ubisoft placed Rayman Legends on other consoles because the install base for the Wii U was too low to make a great profit from. Rayman origins sold the worst on the Wii so no surprise there. BUT the reason it was delayed was a different reason, it was delayed for the Wii U because Microsoft has a policy where if a game gets released on a different console before the Xbox 360, they will NOT allow the game to be placed on the Xbox 360

No idea what Square Enix is up to, Dream Drop Distance sold well yes? So... no idea whats happened with them.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

This is the classic Nintendo conspiracy.

It's probably not true, but there's so much evidence to back the whole idea it's crazy.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'm still mad about Ubisoft and Square Enix....

Its either 3rd parties being selfish or Microsoft's doing....

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#9 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

Are we really going to put the blame on Microsoft over Nintendo's own misfortunes and mistakes?

#10 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

Are we really going to put the blame on Microsoft over Nintendo's own misfortunes and mistakes?

well they did go to Nintendo events to sway people individually. I mean, nintendo did not really make many mistakes, they  are advertising,  every day i see an ad on tv, and i dont watch much. And  during key events they are having  events at out mall, sofar there have been 4  Wii U Events on the food court.

#11 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

I have to wonder if the critics, like this patcher character, have even played a Wii U. He makes it sound like a Wii U is just a cut above, if that, over Xbox and PS3. Fact is there is no comparison.  It has been popular to hate on Nintendo, but I think it's an excellent system. IMO, the better question is 'why would anybody buy an Xbone?"  At that price, why not go with either a Wii U or a PS4.  I agree that there is a favoritism/bias against Nintendo/for the other consoles.  But as others have said, never count Nintendo out.  They will have a fairly strong line up by Xmas. As this article suggests, Smash Bros. might be that system seller:

http://www.wired.com...ash-bros-wii-u/

Ubisoft with rayman legends actually let the cat out of the bag: they were obviously pulling back.

Legends was a launch window game. It wasnt a game to be sold once the system gained traction. It was to be one more reason TO GET a wii u.

Then ubi went back on their word and really hurt Nintendo with their lack of support, despite the game being ready and despite Nintendo having given ubi soft prime time e3 marketing time.

There's no way around that.

Anyone can say: "oh. We want to sell better, so we are going to wait until a system has more sales. But they also know the game when they sign up for launch.

Then there was a lot of love given to Sony this year, while at the same time withholding info on nintendo multiplat games that crossover the ps4 and wii u.

At the very least, there appears to be some undercurrent of favoritism, for whatever reason. But recent contradictory statements regarding wii u also smell more than a little fishy.

Now the mention of doubt regarding future wii u development unless x,y,z... It's all sounding a bit rough.

#12 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Of course, if Nintendo does do well,  even with sabotage by any company, other publishers will get on because they wont want to be down money. The fishy part sees to be, they almost seem to expect it to happen, yet they only are giving it bad publicity and  actively seem to be against it... without accually being against it. If you get my drift

#13 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...-210519219.html

Blatent bias and misinformation

#14 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...-210519219.html

Blatent bias and misinformation

But when the Wii U came out, and it was selling far better than the vita, there was no news  to the negative about the vita on that. Hell  the vita, for a system that has been out so long, only Barely has sold more in total than the Wii U. Yet this.

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

I don't believe it. Ubisoft is still releasing games for the Wii U. In fact, they choose to support Watch Dogs for Wii U in spite of poor sales. The fact we don't have any exclusives don't matter that much this year. With Nintendo bringing their A game to the table.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

I mean for crying out loud they raged because Fifa 13 sold bad, a game which was ALREADY MONTHS OLD (Meaning the people who did want to get it already got it, obviously no one will buy it twice) sold badly. So they aren't releasing Fifa 14 on the Wii U but will release it on the Playstation 2. 

Also fifa 13 on wiiu was fifa 12 with new paint job. While as fifa 13 on ps3 + 360 had better gameplay engine , features and extras. So IF you had not got it by the time U version was out you had a choice of like £45 for a gimped version or £30 for a full version.  Hmmmm i wonder which people would choose.

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Truth is no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, all manner of things could be happening and we would probably never know, all backhand deals and stuff between upper managment and whatever.

#18 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

They really will and they can do it over and over again till their heart's content but it won't change anything. 

#19 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

Obviously there will always be deals and other stuff going on in the background that we will never know. Everyone's in the business to win, to get more money and that means that they have to weaken the competition. Now, can others be fully faulted by some of Nintendo's mistakes, mistakes that have even been admitted themselves they made them?

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#20 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

I'm still mad about Ubisoft and Square Enix....

Its either 3rd parties being selfish or Microsoft's doing....

>calling Ubisoft and Square Enix selfish for not putting their games on a low selling console

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sabotoge, EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Possibility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!