Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

MNN

In a recent interview with Japanese publication CG World the development team at Monolith Soft revealed that the Kyoto team helped out with some of the graphics in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and more recently in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The interview sheds some light on the company’s new studio in Kyoto, which was created so that the team could work closer with Nintendo. It genuinely sounds a great place to work.

Edited by VGCrasher, 06 July 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

This is pretty old news, I've known they helped on SS for at least a year now, and I've known about new leaf for about a month. Although it is good they are helping each other out. I think Monotlith may save Nintendk this generation quite honesty.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

so the moral of the story is...

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#4 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw Monolith Soft in the credits after I beat SS. I thought they worked on combat or something, not graphics though.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Nnnnnnoooo s**t. Anyone who is a diehard fan of Nintendo or Monolith would already know this.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yes, this is old news.

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

They also worked on Brawl. I didn't know they worked on Skyward Sword (I should really get back to playing that), and I only recently found out that they helped out with New Leaf. Hopefully that wasn't the 3DS game they were working on (cause they were also making a 3DS game).

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

They also worked on Brawl. I didn't know they worked on Skyward Sword (I should really get back to playing that), and I only recently found out that they helped out with New Leaf. Hopefully that wasn't the 3DS game they were working on (cause they were also making a 3DS game).

I know. I didn't know that, however I haven't had time to finish SS. :'( And it appears it may actually be my favorite Zelda from what I have all ready played too.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

SS is a great game, but I disliked the final boss and revisiting the three dungeons.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

SS is a great game, but I disliked the final boss and revisiting the three dungeons.

Skyward Sword was pretty much the worst 3D Zelda game without a doubt.

#11 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

I disagree quite a bit.

Awesome game.

Skyward sword and ocarina of time are the two best in the series IMHO.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Disagree completely.

Twilight princess is by far the worse. Followed by oot.

Skyward sword, majoras mask and windwaker are on top.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Disagree completely.

Skyward Sword failed on so many different levels. Hardly no exposition, Fi was an awful guide, terrible pacing, constant hand holding, constant re-calibration, and a piss-poor final boss.

Really it goes without saying that the only two good 3D Zelda games were Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Disagree completely.

Okay, I'll agree that Twilight Princess and OoT are at the bottom, but there is a snowflakes chance in hell that Skyward Sword sits up on the pedestal of good 3D Zelda games.

First and foremost, All of what Eddie said is correct. The game also failed on the level that it wasn't really a Zelda game. Zelda Games, at their core, are about adventure. The attempts to try and figure out what is out there in Hyrule, etc. However, by adding Fi, who every time you would find something a piece of dirt would go "THERE IS A 98% CHANCE THAT IS DIRT". The gameplay felt diminished because 90% of the gameplay designers were trying WAY too hard to use motion controls for everything. The motion controls were great, but did we really need to use them for swimming, for gliding, for flying a bird? 

Face it, the only reason why Skyward Sword is so loved is because Nintendo Fans wanted something, anything to play on their Wii in 2011 that wasn't an old release.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#15 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

What is up with the OOT hate?  I think OOT is better than SS by orders of magnitude. I would have thought that opinion was universal before this thread. Can anyone oblige me and tell me what the basis for their rankings are?

• BnB likes this
zeldasig.jpg

#16 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

I wouldn't say that this zelda game was worse than the other, i would just say this one is better than the other.

I personally didn't like Twilight princess that much but SS was an absolute masterpiece, but as others had pointed out that final boss battle was pretty weak, there wasn't any build up to this new enemy and just lead to a disappointing fight.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#17 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

So is this thread turning into a Zelda hate/love thread? I'm game! I thought Skyward Sword was the worst of the 3D games for the same exact reasons Eddie listed. Not to mention how linear and tiny the world is compared to other Zelda games, the horrible soundtrack, and useless mechanics (dousing, really?).

#18 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

While you guys argue over what Zelda games is the best, I'm going to talk about a SUPERIOR franchise.

Ahem....

CoD > Zelda

Zelda lacks online multiplayer, guns, first person view, guns, co-op, guns, a GOOD campaign, guns AAAAND guns. Oh, did I mention Zelda doesn't have guns?

Posted Image

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

so the moral of the story is...

Monolith is pretty good. SS looks amazing.

Final bosses in 3D Zelda games are god-tier (never beat MM tho). WW had the most epic sword fight definitely, TP had a truly Ganondorf-worthy swordfight I looked forward to (not something halve arsed) and SS was awesome because of the controls and lightning mechanics.

No sig.

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Awesome, they really are talented guys :D I FRIGGIN WANT X LIKE NOW!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!