• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

if anyone has Zombi U, . Is it a good Wii U game to buy or is not all that great? Becaue I've heard mixed opinions about the game after thinking about getting it for my Wii U (along with New Super Mario bros. U).

#2 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Mediocre FPS clunky controls only great game value if you get it cheap. I give it about a 7.5.

#3 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

I agree with mushlikeahusky.

It's a viable way to experience dual screen gameplay, but story/mechanics wise; I felt it was a bit bland and unoriginal. If you're interested in a survival horror game for the Wii U, Resident Evil: Revelations is a better choice. 

Then again, I'm basing my opinion off of the demo. So take what you will.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

This game really polarized the gaming community.  It seems that people either really love it or really hate it.  See IGN and Gamespot for negative reviews and Joystiq and Giantbomb for positive.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

I love it! I'd recommend it.

Posted Image

#6 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

This game really polarized the gaming community.  It seems that people either really love it or really hate it.  See IGN and Gamespot for negative reviews and Joystiq and Giantbomb for positive.  

I guess it old depends on how you like to play your games. Some like to rush through them and others like to take it slow and take it all in.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

if anyone has Zombi U, . Is it a good Wii U game to buy or is not all that great? Becaue I've heard mixed opinions about the game after thinking about getting it for my Wii U (along with New Super Mario bros. U).

It depends on what you are looking for in a game.

If you are looking for a survival horror, its one of the best actual survivor horror games to come out in a very, very long time.

If you are looking for an fps or action game like your first two responders, you are going to try and play it like an action game, die constantly, and have a horrible time.

The reason behind this, is because in zombi u you only have 1 life per character. When that character dies, they die, along with all the skills they learned.

Yes, the longer your survivor survives, the more they use their weapons and level up their skills with said weapons, the better the game controls with said weapon.

People who dont understand this because they think they are playing an fps, never have a survivor live long enough to see the difference in gameplay between an experienced survivor and a green one, and complain about clunky controls.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 NicMDS

NicMDS

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

The local multiplayer is a good deal to play sometimes and the single player is also a good horror experience. I recommend.

#9 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

POPULAR

ZombieU is a great game. The problem it has is that most people were expecting of Call of Duty Zombie game and that's not what survival horror is, so they were disappointed. Survival horror isn't about taking on hoards of undead with almost unlimited ammo or just gunning your way blindly through the streets and killing anything that moves. It's about strategy, supply conservation, and using your brain to overcome problems. In that respect Zombi U is an amazing title and I think anyone who doesn't agree simply doesn't understand the survival horror genre.

#10 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

It's a good game so ignore the rubbish reviews some sites gave it. However it didn't make Ubisoft any cash and was a big loss to them so don't expect a ZombiU sequal.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

It's a good game so ignore the rubbish reviews some sites gave it. However it didn't make Ubisoft any cash and was a big loss to them so don't expect a ZombiU sequal.

Says Chris Morris... And suspiciously only Chris Morris, who provides absolutely NO source nor quote, nor context for the words he put into yves's mouth.

at just under half a million sales, Id be surprised if a b project like zombi u didnt break even.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 NicMDS

NicMDS

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Isn't Ubisoft making a prototype of ZombiU 2 or something like that? I think I read one notice about it sometime ago.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

Isn't Ubisoft making a prototype of ZombiU 2 or something like that? I think I read one notice about it sometime ago.

http://www.gamespot....ubisoft-6408316

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

Unfortunately......http://www.ign.com/a...-sequel-planned

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Unfortunately......http://www.ign.com/a...-sequel-planned

Again, says only Chris Morris. Chris Morris's article is the ONLY article linked to from these dozens of bs parrot articles popping up all over the place, and he provides NO SOURCE WHATSOEVER, and its not even Yves making tjose statements In his article. Its Chris Morris.

His ONLY 'quote' (also unsourced) is a dubious rearrangement of Yves's actual sourced quote from the end of june:

wiiudaily.com/2013/06/ubisoft-support-holiday-season/

“We will continue to support the Wii U this
Christmas, and we’re expecting it to take off
in terms of sales. And we’ll review what
happened again at the beginning of next
year.”

Chris Morris's rearranged 'quote'

“We must find a way to ensure the creativity
of those games could have a big enough
audience. We hope it will take off. At the
moment, we’ve said ‘let’s do through
Christmas and see where we are from
there.”

Im calling BS on Chris Morris, He never talked to yves for any quote, and every worthless site that parrots this garbage without checking for facts. Like IGN.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Well let's hope we do get a Zombiu2 and that other 3rd party stuff shows up as I for one have not ordered a PS4/Xbone. This time I wait the first year out.....
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#17 NicMDS

NicMDS

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

Yeah would be bad if it don't get a sequel, let's pray for it.

I really want Nintendo do something to better sell WiiU, I don't wanna see the console die too early..

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Says Chris Morris... And suspiciously only Chris Morris, who provides absolutely NO source nor quote, nor context for the words he put into yves's mouth.

at just under half a million sales, Id be surprised if a b project like zombi u didnt break even.

I had to point this out to my news team at Nintendo Enthusiast.  Ubisoft confirmed in May that they were working on a sequel (prototyping anyway) and Yves has said in the past that they were happy with ZombiU adoption.  The fact that the author didn't actually quote anyone at Ubisoft was quite telling.  He probably got the same statement that they've given to every other media outlet, realized it didn't fit the narrative or have any impact whatsoever, so decided to completely make something up that was at least plausible, even though over half a million in sales on a low budget game is very respectable.

#19 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Well, they have 11 billion in cash....  They took a loss in the last quarter (ending in March), but most are predicting an operating profit for the whole year. So, I don't think Nintendo or the Wii U will die an early death.

As for this game, don't have it but it might be my next purchase. Looks cool to me, but also like you have to be patient.

Well let's hope we do get a Zombiu2 and that other 3rd party stuff shows up as I for one have not ordered a PS4/Xbone. This time I wait the first year out.....

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

I got the Premium Wii U ZombiU console bundle I wanted the game so much, safe to say I wasn't disappointed in it, very mixed feeling on the game but I'm with the people who really enjoyed it, I'd say rent it first, then decide what side of the fence to go to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!