RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

One of the things I like about Miiverse is it is policed ... So people are not cursing on it or trashing each others mothers on it.

I decided I wanted to test the policing and make a comment and see how long it would take to be removed or if it would be removed at all.

I went into the Super Mario Brothers Community and made the following post ...

"Does Peach really want Mario or Luigi? Mario only lasts about 3 or 4 minutes and Luigi only 1 !!!!"

Not only was the comment removed in about 2 minutes, I also received a warning for explicit sexual content.

Safe to say Miiverse is very policed and the authority takes action quickly.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

I read somewhere fatter people lasted longer...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

lol I wouldn't say that is "explicit".

#4 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

I read an article about it being a police state. I think the reason it was written was a deleted post containing the word "idiot"...

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

My comment got removed because someone asked one of the most obvious questions in existence and i called him stupid for it.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

I was sure to be very subtle, just slightly hint at something sexual without really saying anything overtly sexually explicit, I mean, I didn't even mention Bowser being horny or anything, I mean have you seen his back?

Edited by RETROBLAST, 14 July 2013 - 02:35 AM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

It is Nintendo terms. ;)

#8 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Err... There's certainly the innuendo in there, but it seems a bit ridiculous that they took it down so quickly. If they take things as subtle as that down, it almost seems redundant to post because someone will probably remove it. Not saying I have even the slightest want to post something that could be taken as a sexual hint, but knowing they're that strict is just... Eh. There's a difference between being policed and being forced in what you can and can't say. Miiverse is, unfortunately, leaning on the latter.

Though I see posting on Miiverse these days redundant anyways. So many idiotic attention hogs. "Gamer's Social Media" sounded awesome. Until the typical Social Media junk started appearing after Christmas. At least it makes for a fun game: See how many posts you can report for having no discussion value within a minute! (Most common targets being, "Yeah this," "Yeah for Yeah" "Comment to win Yeah's") 

#9 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Funny...

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

I was sick of all the nastyness and trash talking on the Xbox 360, safe to say that MiiVerse is a breath of fresh are for genuine gamers who just want to have a fun time :)

#11 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

I was sick of all the nastyness and trash talking on the Xbox 360, safe to say that MiiVerse is a breath of fresh are for genuine gamers who just want to have a fun time :)

Same here. Not to mention the Miiverse allows a level of interaction other consoles' online services don't allow. I think the policies are good too because it makes for a much better environment for everyone, across all ages... It's not like Nintendo is trying to cut freedom of speech. It's just a shame most communities are becoming hogs for posts like "thanks for the x yeahs" "yeah this if". The Youtube community, especially, is a complete joke. You don't have to post every time you're going online or offline or if you're "gonna have lunch brb"

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#12 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

So far, the Wii U is the only console which drew me in socially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!