Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

http://www.gamesindu...ce-this-holiday

“We were there with four games for them [at launch]. It’s been a disappointment when you look at sell-through and, as a company, we have to be very judicious where we deploy our resources. The lack of online engagement that we see on Wii U [is troubling]. It’s so integral to what we do. They’re so small it’s hardly worth running the servers. It seems like a box that’s out of sync with the future of EA – which is one that gives a real social feel to our games. The Wii U feels like an offline experience right now.”

And thus the EA vegetagery continuous.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

POPULAR

EA_Sucks.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh make up your mind Bipolar A holes!

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I love offline experiences. Maybe that's why I have a wii u. Never been a fan of online. Prefer to not have 12 years olds telling me they want my mom's P*^%y. I don't like that social feel.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

I kinda agree. The box doesn't feel online. Easy ways they could fix is, on the start up screen show the people who are online in your circle of Miis. Give us corner notifications when a friend logs on or a favorite TV show is coming on. Cross game voice chat and making things like the menus for miiverse and the friends list load quicker(which I think is what the summer update is for?).

Edited by Colinx, 08 July 2013 - 06:48 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#6 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

This translates to "There is nothing wrong with the Wii U hardware, and we could make any game for it; we just don't like it.". 

Edited by TheDoritoKing, 08 July 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Makes no sense. The Wii U is meant to be online. Miiverse is a huge feature. I'm just confused by what comes out of this guys mouth.

I kinda agree. The box doesn't feel online. Easy ways they could fix is, on the start up screen show the people who are online in your circle of Miis. Give us corner notifications when a friend logs on or a favorite TV show is coming on. Cross game voice chat and making things like the menus for miiverse and the friends list load quicker(which I think is what the summer update is for?).

You realize that the Mii's u see are real Mii's, and they crowd around what's trending right now? And it does show current comments about that software.

However, of you were able to see what your friends where playing that would be cool. That could be there. I don't have many friends so I wouldn't know.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

Wii u is a connected console. EAs online on wii u is the same anywhere else.

Pathetic.

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Makes no sense. The Wii U is meant to be online. Miiverse is a huge feature. I'm just confused by what comes out of this guys mouth.

You realize that the Mii's u see are real Mii's, and they crowd around what's trending right now? And it does show current comments about that software.

However, of you were able to see what your friends where playing that would be cool. That could be there. I don't have many friends so I wouldn't know.

Yea, what about my post is suggesting that I wouldn't know that? lol. I am suggesting that your friends show up in the middle circle.

2lvmghw.png

#10 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

EA seems to be looking at strictly the number of players playing their games on Wii U in multiplayer, however, for me, the Wii U is the most social gaming system I have ever owned - I feel immersed in Miiverse and love it. I hardly ever send notes to other players on my Vita or PS3, but the way Nintendo set up Miiverse, I'm constantly dropping notes and pics into the community and feel connected to the communities.

Edited by RETROBLAST, 08 July 2013 - 09:48 PM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Yea, what about my post is suggesting that I wouldn't know that? lol. I am suggesting that your friends show up in the middle circle.

lol I am not really sure. Long long day that still hasn't ended lol. Sorry!

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

POPULAR

EA's Wara Wara Plaza:

"Derp, Feels like an offline box"

Wii-U-WaraWara-Plaza.jpg

All Other Wii U User's Plaza

"First thing you do when powering on the Wii U, is connect!"

warawara.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 09 July 2013 - 02:27 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

I love offline experiences. Maybe that's why I have a wii u. Never been a fan of online. Prefer to not have 12 years olds telling me they want my mom's P*^%y. I don't like that social feel.

lol

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

Social feel indeed. Miiverse is so anti-social.

They should have left that little bit out, because we all know they just care about the fact nobody is playing their 2 year old games online on the wii u anymore.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

Social feel indeed. Miiverse is so anti-social.

They should have left that little bit out, because we all know they just care about the fact nobody is playing their 2 year old games online on the wii u anymore.

Wow, now that you say it, your right. Miiverse is anti social!

lol JK btw ^_^ EA really needs to think before they speak, don't they?

#16 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

This translates to "There is nothing wrong with the Wii U hardware, and we could make any game for it; we just don't like it.". 

OR it translates to "There is nothing wrong with the Wii U hardward, and we could make any game for it; we are just going a different direction from it.".

While I'm the first one to hate EA, I'm not surprised at all to see this. They've been pushing the always online thing for a couple of years now. I'm sure Microsoft changing their focus was a huge blow for EA. They were hoping Microsoft would be their ticket to a always online console. Look at BLOPS 2. How many players are playing online on the Wii U vs the PS360? (yes, i realize install bases are different, but that is part of the problem)

#17 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

You guys do realize what that article is. It's the same one ign is using to say there will be no sequel to Zombiu, you know, the fake article. That 3dude pointed out to some people.

#18 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm out of sync with EA's douchery that's what. If I can I'll try and avoid giving any more money to them. Any game developed/published by them is being boycotted by me, even if it means not playing one of my favorite franchises anymore (Mass Effect).

EA seems to be looking at strictly the number of players playing their games on Wii U in multiplayer, however, for me, the Wii U is the most social gaming system I have ever owned - I feel immersed in Miiverse and love it. I hardly ever send notes to other players on my Vita or PS3, but the way Nintendo set up Miiverse, I'm constantly dropping notes and pics into the community and feel connected to the communities.

I feel exactly the same way. According to my daily log, I spend almost as much time on Miiverse than I do playing. I've owned many gaming systems, and the Xbox Live (considered the biggest online community) made me feel the 'loneliest' of all the online experiences I've had. Miiverse was such a nice surprise when I got my Wii U, I wasn't expecting to engage this much in the communities, for the people to be so nice and responsive and just how easy and fun it is to connect with others through our favorite games.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#19 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

The beauty is each community sticks with a particular game and you can access that community within the game instantly .... No searching for a thread or anything like that, and at some points in some games after an accomplishment, the systems asks if you want to post to Miiverse ... Its all fun and as you say, unexpected really. Now that the E3 community is gone I hope they put a general Nintendo community up so we can talk about things beyond particular games.

Hey IvyTamwood, I added you to my miiverse , add me as well if you like.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#20 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

The beauty is each community sticks with a particular game and you can access that community within the game instantly .... No searching for a thread or anything like that, and at some points in some games after an accomplishment, the systems asks if you want to post to Miiverse ... Its all fun and as you say, unexpected really. Now that the E3 community is gone I hope they put a general Nintendo community up so we can talk about things beyond particular games.

Hey IvyTamwood, I added you to my miiverse , add me as well if you like.

Yeah, there was a few posts in the E3 community (including my own) who expressed the wish for a general Nintendo community. I'd really love to see a community where we could talk about Wii games too.

(I'm adding you as soon as I turn on my Wii U :)

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!