Photo

Do you think people under rate Nintendo's exclusives?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Fire Emblem, and Shin Megami Tensei are all exclusive to Nintendo consoles yet get almost no recognition as killer exclusives even though they are... To me these titles plus Mario, Star Fox, ect. are the best list of exclusives in the industry... Thoughts?

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

It's not that they're under-rated, it's that there's just not as popular and they don't create as much buzz as the classic franchises.

#3 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

No because everyone in their right mind buys a Nintendo for the exclusives. When you think of Nintendo you automatically think Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, etc... So no, they're not under-rated.

Edited by BnB, 08 July 2013 - 08:08 PM.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

They definitely have a fanbase all over the internet, its just not as well promoted as other games, there isn't a killer game in the series that everybody is talking about like FF7 left a huge fanbase. Fire Emblem Awakening is the best FE in the series and its starting to show more love in the internet because the characters are so lovable and likable.

Zombies and first person shooters are the main thing and that is a huge problem because ITS COMMON AS HELL!

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Underrated? 

Abso-friggin'-lutely NOT.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

Underrated? Uh...for the most part, not at all.

Treated unfairly as compared to the rest of the gaming world, possibly so.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

I don't think they are underrated at all. Everyone who buys Nintendo systems are buying them for the obvious Nintendo exclusives. Who in their right mind would get them for third party support, that is just a plus on their already amazing exclusives.

I do think that other people crap on Nintendo games a lot though and I really hate it. I know a few people who think that since Nintendo is cartoony and not realistic makes it stupid and for little kids and doesn't have any depth whatsoever because of it.

I don't know why all this Nintendo hate has started up in the past generation.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#8 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

I don't think they are underrated at all. Everyone who buys Nintendo systems are buying them for the obvious Nintendo exclusives. Who in their right mind would get them for third party support, that is just a plus on their already amazing exclusives.

I do think that other people crap on Nintendo games a lot though and I really hate it. I know a few people who think that since Nintendo is cartoony and not realistic makes it stupid and for little kids and doesn't have any depth whatsoever because of it.

I don't know why all this Nintendo hate has started up in the past generation.

Why has Nintendo hate started up you say? Because the moms of the world bought their 12 year olds Xbox's and Call of Duty, and now the 12 year olds think that if it doesn't shoot an spurt blood, it is uncool. They think they are the "hardcore gamer" because they know how to move an analog stick so an Unrealistically big sight moves across a person an then.. THEY CAN PULL THE TRIGGER!!! How insane right?!? Man they are amazing gamers I tell you. If you meet any gamer over the age of 20 who is truly "hardcore" as in, has a true love for games and spends lots of money on them, they will at least respect Nintendo and their franchises.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#9 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

Why has Nintendo hate started up you say? Because the moms of the world bought their 12 year olds Xbox's and Call of Duty, and now the 12 year olds think that if it doesn't shoot an spurt blood, it is uncool. They think they are the "hardcore gamer" because they know how to move an analog stick so an Unrealistically big sight moves across a person an then.. THEY CAN PULL THE TRIGGER!!! How insane right?!? Man they are amazing gamers I tell you. If you meet any gamer over the age of 20 who is truly "hardcore" as in, has a true love for games and spends lots of money on them, they will at least respect Nintendo and their franchises.

I hate that hardcore gamer is used for shooters and other action games, and when referring to Nintendo it's casual. I guess I must be the most casual gamer ever then. Lol.

The two people I talk to respect Nintendo because they grew up with them as I did, but somewhere along the line they lost it. And now one is a Sony player and the other Xbox. Now they just look for flaws in Nintendo to compare to their companies whenever I have a conversation with them. Then after saying all the crap they go and say "I can say all that because I used to be a true Nintendo fan so I know". I try not to even get into gaming conversations with them anymore because I get annoyed and pissed.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#10 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Fire Emblem, and Shin Megami Tensei are all exclusive to Nintendo consoles yet get almost no recognition as killer exclusives even though they are... To me these titles plus Mario, Star Fox, ect. are the best list of exclusives in the industry... Thoughts?

Out of those games? I've only played Fire Emblem and I don't think it's underrated. As for the rest of them I've heard of them but I don't know much about the gameplay of any. All I know is that Professor Layton has puzzles and animated cut scenes. Those games aren't really underrated so much as ignored entirely by most people.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#11 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Out of those games? I've only played Fire Emblem and I don't think it's underrated. As for the rest of them I've heard of them but I don't know much about the gameplay of any. All I know is that Professor Layton has puzzles and animated cut scenes. Those games aren't really underrated so much as ignored entirely by most people.

These games are all "hard core" mature experiences is what I mean... Nintendo has the titles but people ignore and say DERP KIRBYS PINK DATS 4 GURLZ YOLO!

#12 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Nobody underrates Ace Attorney, Professor Layton OR Fire Emblem.

As for Shin Megami Tensei, it's not Nintendo exclusive. In fact, most, if not all of the Shin Megami Tensei games (That does count all the different series') have been either on PlayStation or multiplatform.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#13 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

While I prefer "mature" gaming experiences (read more realistic and with more adult material) I can't imagine anyone underrates Nintendos classic franchises. A lot of gamers see Nintendo as childish, but they still don't deny the popularity of Mario, Zeldo, etc.

#14 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

I think they get the attention they deserve. Prof. Layton is a comercial hit - so you can`t really ask for more -, and the rest have big/small cult followings.

Other companies have their big "most-wanted" titles and also their good but not so talked about titles.

#15 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Personally, I think that yeah, Nintendo games can be a little underrated outside the "Nintendo community", mostly because they're dismissed as "kiddy games" that have no interest to "hardcore gamers". They really don't know what they're missing out on.

Edited by IvyT, 09 July 2013 - 02:51 PM.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yes they do in my opinion, but I do think Mario is getting slightly overrated. Too many games.

#17 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

These games are all "hard core" mature experiences is what I mean... Nintendo has the titles but people ignore and say DERP KIRBYS PINK DATS 4 GURLZ YOLO! 

I've only ever seen that on Youtube and even then, rarely. I've seen people claiming people do this much more often. It's not even a vocal minority it's just a minority.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#18 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Under rated no, over rated yes some of them. Probably just me but I personally think skyward sword is fecking sh1t game, along with a few other titles. Don't get me wrong though I still love the big N.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#19 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

It just puts things into perspective. Nintendo own the best exclusives on any platform.

#20 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

they should have spread out their releases.... Mixed in a starfox or metroid.... I suppose I'm fine with what they have but the talk of a mario galaxy at this point with no starfox or metroid, plus releasing luigi this soon- probably should have waited at least until Xmas for that.  BUT, I do like Mario when he's with his friends-mariokart, smash brothers, and winter olympics looks cool.  I'll prolly wait a while on mario 3d.

Yes they do in my opinion, but I do think Mario is getting slightly overrated. Too many games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!