SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

Sad day for western One Piece fans.. :(

At Anime Expo, we asked Namco Bandai if they will bring One Piece: Romance Dawn here since other titles have been confirmed for North America. Unfortunately, a representative said to Siliconera there are "no plans" to release One Piece: Romance Dawn in North America.

http://www.siliconer...-north-america/

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#2 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

This makes me so angry :(

#3 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

One Piece is huge in Japan, they might think that it won't sell in NA or EU.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

I've watched every episode so far, but I've been burned by two many poorly made games based off of a movie.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

One Piece is huge in Japan, they might think that it won't sell in NA or EU.

The game's coming to EU and Japan, just not the US.

Anyways, here's a petition to convince Namco that people do want the game brought over here:

https://www.change.o...-north-america#

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#6 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Frustrating, yes, but I'm just happy that we're not being screwed with the series elsewhere. We have an anime simulcast, manga chapters translated the day they come out in Japan, and a good dub (now being aired uncut on TV). So I can't complain about a game not making it over here.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#7 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

Frustrating, yes, but I'm just happy that we're not being screwed with the series elsewhere. We have an anime simulcast, manga chapters translated the day they come out in Japan, and a good dub (now being aired uncut on TV). So I can't complain about a game not making it over here.

So 4kids ain't doing the editing no more? Thank the Gods!

#8 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

So 4kids ain't doing the editing no more? Thank the Gods!

Yes, 4Kids lost the license a long time ago (I'm not clear whether they gave it up, or got it taken away from them, though). FUNimation has been dubbing and releasing One Piece uncut for around six years now. The first run of FUNimation One Piece on Toonami back in fall of 2007 was edited a bit (but not anywhere near the level of 4Kids. For example, instead of Sanji's cigarette being replaced with a lollipop, they just removed the cigarette and didn't replace it), but the DVD releases and streaming have always been uncut. And a couple of months ago it came back to Toonami on Adult Swim uncut.

Edited by Envy, 09 July 2013 - 01:20 AM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

The fact that this is coming to EU and not the States sucks - guess I will have to import it for my PSP

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!