Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Miyamoto also took a little time in the interview to mention the Wii U's most recent system update, as well as the new mystery game he's supposedly working on for 2014. "With the most recent version update," he said, "the system runs a lot better, and while there will continue to be improvements in the future, I think it's to the point where it's a convenient thing to have in the living room. Of course, these sorts of updates mean nothing if we don't put out games for it, and I hope people are looking forward to the games coming up. We'll have Mario Kart 8 out next spring, and at that point we'll have the whole lineup in place, so I think it's about time we brought out a new franchise. I can't give out details, but that's the title that's been keeping me pretty busy lately."

http://www.polygon.c...t-new-franchise

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

I am so excited to see what the hell it is. I really hope it's that Mermaid thing he mentioned a long time ago.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#3 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

yay Pikmin worked so I'd love to see what a new game would look like. :)

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

I wish I could be hyped, but I know better. It's probably just another casual crap game with microtransations and NFC.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

It's Miyamoto, so I'm excited, but I really hope it ain't some casual game like Wii Music.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#6 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Curious to see what Miyamoto is working on!

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

My hope is a first person game.

Let's face it. Shiggy has always wanted to do a first person game. Ocarina was originally in planning stages going to be a first person adventure game. He's already said he'd love to do a unique first person shooter game, but with a more unique gun (say the portal gun kind of unique).

So my hopes is a really unique first person game.

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

I hope it a (can't find the right word for it, so i will just say good) good ip. I don't mean a IP like Wii Music i mean a real ip with a story and multiple characters and stuff, not like nintendo land more of a lovable one where you want a sequal after you finish kinda game. I DON't KNOW THE NAME OF THE KIND OF GAMES :S

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#9 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

My hope is a first person game.

Let's face it. Shiggy has always wanted to do a first person game. Ocarina was originally in planning stages going to be a first person adventure game. He's already said he'd love to do a unique first person shooter game, but with a more unique gun (say the portal gun kind of unique).

So my hopes is a really unique first person game.

That's my hope as well.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

I am very interested in this. Every new IP that Miyamoto was influential in revolutionized the genre it was in. Donkey Kong created platformers as well as introduced a storyline. Super Mario Bros introduced scrolling levels. Zelda introduced open-worlds and exploration, F-Zero created 3D racing with Mode 7, Star Fox introduced 3D models on consoles, Metroid Prime combined FPS and Exploration Pikmin showed that RTS games can work on a console. That's not even mentioning the later installments in these franchises. Super Mario 64 introduced a movable 3D camera in a 3D world, Ocarina of Time showed how 3D Adventure games should play, Super Mario Kart furthered Mode 7 even more than F-Zero by adding multiplayer, F-Zero X got 30 cars on screen at the same time while maintaining 60 frames per second in a time where a lot of games struggled to show a lot and maintain 30, Yoshi's Island pushed the SNES to it's 2D graphical limits by requiring a new Super FX Chip, etc. Every new IP he creates is gold, and whatever this is will be no exception.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

I am very interested in this. Every new IP that Miyamoto was influential in revolutionized the genre it was in. Donkey Kong created platformers as well as introduced a storyline. Super Mario Bros introduced scrolling levels. Zelda introduced open-worlds and exploration, F-Zero created 3D racing with Mode 7, Star Fox introduced 3D models on consoles, Metroid Prime combined FPS and Exploration Pikmin showed that RTS games can work on a console. That's not even mentioning the later installments in these franchises. Super Mario 64 introduced a movable 3D camera in a 3D world, Ocarina of Time showed how 3D Adventure games should play, Super Mario Kart furthered Mode 7 even more than F-Zero by adding multiplayer, F-Zero X got 30 cars on screen at the same time while maintaining 60 frames per second in a time where a lot of games struggled to show a lot and maintain 30, Yoshi's Island pushed the SNES to it's 2D graphical limits by requiring a new Super FX Chip, etc. Every new IP he creates is gold, and whatever this is will be no exception.

You somehow forgot to mention wii music. Man that revolutionized... Nothing at all.

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

You somehow forgot to mention wii music. Man that revolutionized... Nothing at all.

One game out of how many? Seriously, he is a genius. No one denies this.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

IMO easily the most inticipated game of next year already and maybe the generation. Why? For years all we have heard is Nintendo don't make new ip's and can't keep up with the big boys. So a new ip from him on their first HD console (should) be special. I'm hoping its a very modern game doesn't necessarily have to be a shooter(which I'm willing to be it will have some elements of shooting) but something that blows the industry away and show the genius still has it. In reality this might be his last big reveal. Man is 61 he could die any day in Reality so I hope he gives us something timeless and an instant classic.

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

IMO easily the most inticipated game of next year already and maybe the generation. Why? For years all we have heard is Nintendo don't make new ip's and can't keep up with the big boys. So a new ip from him on their first HD console (should) be special. I'm hoping its a very modern game doesn't necessarily have to be a shooter(which I'm willing to be it will have some elements of shooting) but something that blows the industry away and show the genius still has it. In reality this might be his last big reveal. Man is 61 he could die any day in Reality so I hope he gives us something timeless and an instant classic.

Nintendo has constantly stated they need a game to show people (casuals) what the gamepad really does for gaming, their "wii sports". I am pretty convinced that is what he is working on, and it probably isn't going to be some mature hardcore game, it will be the casual king of casuals (I say this in a good way). It will be something excessable to all ages, and it will have little substance for the die hard fans to sink our teeth into. But, it will sell the console like hot cakes. I could be wrong though, and I really hope I am.

ALSO, DON'T MENTION MIYAMOTO DYING!! 61 is seriously not that old, he is not gonna die any day, as far as I know, he is in excellent health. He will be the cutest old person to ever live.

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

TBH, I think it will dissapoint... And no, I have no arguments for my statement other than I just don't think he can ever make something as great as his best franchises.

TBH, I think it will dissapoint... And no, I have no arguments for my statement other than I just don't think he can ever make something as great as his best franchises.

No sig.

#16 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Miyamoto's last new IP was Steel Diver was it not?

But I have full faith in him creating a stellar Wii U game.

Bring the noise.

#17 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

I'll admit: I actually kind of liked Wii Music. It's a horrible game, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine. But if you are saying that he isn't revolutionary based on one game, than in the words of Reggie, "What's wrong woth you?"

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#18 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

Nintendo has constantly stated they need a game to show people (casuals) what the gamepad really does for gaming, their "wii sports". I am pretty convinced that is what he is working on, and it probably isn't going to be some mature hardcore game, it will be the casual king of casuals (I say this in a good way). It will be something excessable to all ages, and it will have little substance for the die hard fans to sink our teeth into. But, it will sell the console like hot cakes. I could be wrong though, and I really hope I am.
ALSO, DON'T MENTION MIYAMOTO DYING!! 61 is seriously not that old, he is not gonna die any day, as far as I know, he is in excellent health. He will be the cutest old person to ever live.

Like I said easily the most anticipated title.... He has spoken about how he has to give fan a shocking experience. Wii music was made around the hardware. Wii was a gameplay experience console not a visual experience console. Now wii u is HD and this is the HD age. He is smart enought that yes they have the gamepad and need to utilize that we'll but they also have a very powerful console in its own right. It's not going to be a casual game. The Wii u was develop hardware wise with a more core game experience in mind. This will be a very modern game with a unique take on a genre that boast what wii u can do froma visual standpoint. This has to be a masterpiece from him. But just because the media take on Nintendo right now I think it will be more of a cult classic because it probable wont be the fps to end all and that all the game media tends to drool over now and days.

Edited by GAMER1984, 10 July 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#19 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Miyamoto's last new IP was Steel Diver was it not?

But I have full faith in him creating a stellar Wii U game.

He didn't direct or produce the game, so it isn't.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#20 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

He didn't direct or produce the game, so it isn't.

Oh, I thought he did. I wasn't even complaining, never played Steel Diver!

I hope he's creating a new RPG, traditional, simple, fun. Something he'd like to make.

Bring the noise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!