Photo

A realistic new direction Nintendo should think about.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Why would you buy any console then?

Good question...hmm I think it comes down to more variety in the Third party, and strong first party, Steam I consider its own platform because of this, as for this Indie approach that's being discussed, it seems kind of lessened in variety, idk it's hard to explain
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#22 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Keep third party of course but do court the indie devs more aggressively ... I just have this feeling that Nintendo systems are more difficult to develop for or require more effort to do so than other platforms and they are more difficult to deal with than other companies are ... I think this is part of the problem.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#23 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

But the fact is 3rd parties are dumping big game releases for wiiu heres another eexample do to cvg.com and read about F1 not being ported to wiiu from 360 and ps3 because basically it cant handle it and the game would have to be changed to much. All im saying is if third parties are your preference when choosing a console (we have one, its new customers we need) why choose wii u?

Also the main and unfortunate truth is that nintendo didn't listen to 3 party devs. I've said it before when designing the wiiu nintendo MUST have spoke to EA, rockstar in fact all the big names in games and asked about their new games and what the console required to smoothly run the new engines that will be used in big titles for the next 5 years! But clearly didn't listen and took a different route. which is fine! BUT, nintendo PROMISED us a powerful machine that would win back gamers with big 3rd party games. Now if you own an xbox or ps3 and have been happy with all the games over the last 5 years, and your deciding weather to upgrade to ps4 or xone or choose a wiiu, would you choose it? So unfortunately for us, nintendo have messed up there idea of a big new console that will win back the core gamer, in fact im not sure wii owners are wanting to upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!