22 replies to this topic

#1 Indyrams

Indyrams

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Its a great party game!
When I have a party of 20 or more, they love this game, why the hate?
Its so fun!!

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

I don't know. I guess because the game is meant for multiplayer, which on the internet, means its a "casual" game.

And that's bad.

#3 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Have no idea.

Although it has some flaws that do take away something from the game.

For exemple, in Wii Sports, you could the game alone with no restrictions. In NL, you can`t play some games if you are alone and some mini-games of the main games can`t be played if you don`t have a Wii remote.

To be honest, it did surprised me that Nintendo made a game that not anyone can fully enjoy it. Because to be able to do it, people have to have to play it with someone and they need to buy a Wii remote to explore some main games.

You pay 60 for the game and then some more to play all the single players challenges. It`s not a cheap game!

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

POPULAR

Because there's no blood/gore/f-bombs/it's made by Nintendo/it's not on a console that ends in "box" or "station"/people are whiny.

I think that covers all the bases.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

It's an amazingly fun game while playing with others, but not everyone is able to gather people to play with. The game is pretty boring playing by myself, in my opinion.

#6 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Cause i have no friends i still haven't been able to play all the main attractions like Mario Chase :'(

While i absolutely adore Nintendo games, i feel like this had quite a few flaws, and remember this is entirely my opinion.

- The graphics: While cute and bright i felt they used way to many shaders making the game look rather dull in a way (all though when your on the gamepad it feels better cause the graphics blur together nicely)

-Gameplay in the single player levels felt a little lean and not very imaginative (octopus dance)

- You should have been able to play those multiplayer maps by your self with bots, i know Nintendo wants you to bring your friends around for a more social experience but theres no reason for you to miss out on the best attractions just because your friends aren't around.

-No online multiplayer is a bummer :(

-Blowing into the mic to trigger actions is pretty lame

Perhaps if they had more time it could have been a lot better, I know these were tech demos from the 2011 E3 but i felt like all they did was put a small layer if polish and left it as is. Thats just how i see it

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#7 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Because there's no blood/gore/f-bombs/it's made by Nintendo/it's not on a console that ends in "box" or "station"/people are whiny.

I think that covers all the bases.

Not liking something makes you whiny?

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Not liking something makes you whiny?

Never said that.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

It gets really boring after a while. I was playing today and I got bored quickly.

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

I enjoy it too.

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

It's pretty boring alone, too many restrictions and even some games are unplayable without certain hardware or human requirements. That is pretty good grounds to make it not that great. But when you have people to play with and Wii remotes and all that it is a wonderful game. So I guess for when you are home alone it's pretty useless and it's not all that great. When with people it starts to show it's true worth. So it really depends on those two scenarios.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#12 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

To me it doesn't feel like a full game just a dozen of mini-games put together. It's like Wii Sports and Game & Wario, these game just don't appeal to me, they feel rather superficial.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#13 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

I don't like it because I don't like party games. I don't like anything that is a collection of minigames packaged into something and passed off as good. Nintendo really stepped in it when they thought that was a good idea.

Yes, I have played it. Couldn't stand it. Haven't played it again since... November? It's been a long time.

#14 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

I like it, it's fun alone but better with friends :) I love the metroid game!

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#15 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

To me it doesn't feel like a full game just a dozen of mini-games put together. It's like Wii Sports and Game & Wario, these game just don't appeal to me, they feel rather superficial.

I feel the same way.

This game is fun with friends and family but having to buy additional controllers for a bunch of people is pretty much a waste of money, since they'll only be used for that one game, since most of the time I'm just playing by myself.

It does feel like a better offer than Wii Sports though. I had fun playing some of the minigames for the first couple of days before I got something else to play. It's just a shame that some of them are multiplayer-only, it was a dumb move on Nintendo's part. I don't have a lot of friends, and in my family the only other person who will play with me is my brother.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

becauase of its reveal. people were expecting fireworks at E3 2012 from Nintendo and they got this... yes its not a bad game but because of that people had bad feelings towards it. also no online multiplayer which would make a lot of sense IMO.

#17 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Because gamers with no friends get angry that most of the game is multiplayer.

#18 ugguy

ugguy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • NNID:uglyguy

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

A lot of gamers do not have a wide circle of friends or even don't have any friends at all, and even if they did they may not even like playing games; a lot of the people I talk to online tell me they're "not much of a gamer, I'm more into movies/books/sports etc".

I'm so glad this thread was created because NintendoLand was a game I was thinking of getting but now I think I might wait a bit longer...

Edited by ugguy, 16 July 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#19 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

It's a good intro. to the system.  I didn't really understand many of the two player games.  I thought Metroid, Ninja game, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pikmin and twister were all pretty good and made the game worth while.  If you are more of an advanced gamer, I could see where you might get bored with it fast.  

A lot of gamers do not have a wide circle of friends or even don't have any friends at all, and even if they did they may not even like playing games; a lot of the people I talk to online tell me they're "not much of a gamer, I'm more into movies/books/sports etc".

I'm so glad this thread was created because NintendoLand was a game I was thinking of getting but now I think I might wait a bit longer...

#20 ugguy

ugguy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • NNID:uglyguy

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

It's a good intro. to the system.  I didn't really understand many of the two player games.  I thought Metroid, Ninja game, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pikmin and twister were all pretty good and made the game worth while.  If you are more of an advanced gamer, I could see where you might get bored with it fast.  

Cheers, thanks for the advice ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!