• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

You can just look at the bayonetta 2 gameplay demo. There is simply too much going on for the ps360 cpu's to handle, which is why no one fan find a single ps360 game that comes close in a side by side comparison.

sorry for shouting !

STOP COMPARING THE WIIU TO THE PS3/X360 !

everyone here, well most of them keep on about how the WiiU is next-gen (eighth gen) yet keep comparing its games & spec to the PS3/X360 which is seventh gen, don't come here trolling with so called facts when you don't have a clue what your on about.

i want eighth gen games on my (apparently) eighth gen Nintendo console, people keep going on about how great 101, Mario Kart & a few others are going to be, but 101 & Mario Kart could be played on PS3/X360 machines,  Bayonetta 2 is slightly different because it has more realistic graphics, as apposed to cartoony ones like Mario Kart & 101.

i'm not having a go at you, but i am fed up with people apparently supporting the WiiU but comparing the games coming out to PS3/X360 games, when the demos of PS4/X1 games look so much better than the coming WiiU games.

#22 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

sorry for shouting !

everyone here, well most of them keep on about how the WiiU is next-gen (eighth gen) yet keep comparing its games & spec to the PS3/X360 which is seventh gen, don't come here trolling with so called facts when you don't have a clue what your on about.

i want eighth gen games on my (apparently) eighth gen Nintendo console, people keep going on about how great 101, Mario Kart & a few others are going to be, but 101 & Mario Kart could be played on PS3/X360 machines,  Bayonetta 2 is slightly different because it has more realistic graphics, as apposed to cartoony ones like Mario Kart & 101.

i'm not having a go at you, but i am fed up with people apparently supporting the WiiU but comparing the games coming out to PS3/X360 games, when the demos of PS4/X1 games look so much better than the coming WiiU games.

cant exactly   compare it to the PS4 or Xbox 1 since they are not even out. And most the games they showed  did not accually run on the systems. And sony also has a tendency to lie though their teeth about specs while also showing exaggerated demos  that turn  out that games never have that quality or  do at the end of their life.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

sorry for shouting !

i want eighth gen games on my (apparently) eighth gen Nintendo console, people keep going on about how great 101, Mario Kart & a few others are going to be, but 101 & Mario Kart could be played on PS3/X360 machines, Bayonetta 2 is slightly different because it has more realistic graphics, as apposed to cartoony ones like Mario Kart & 101.

i'm not having a go at you, but i am fed up with people apparently supporting the WiiU but comparing the games coming out to PS3/X360 games, when the demos of PS4/X1 games look so much better than the coming WiiU games.

Its really really really simple.

We already know ps4 xbone are more powerful than wii u.

You compare it to ps360 because then you can directly show its beyond ps360, because people like you constantly try this tired old garbage 'it can run on 360' or 'herp a derp its teh cartoony dat mens it no take any power and would look the same on ps360!'

1043505-modnation_racers_01.jpg
[img]http://static.hypabl...hovercrafts.jpg[\img]

Well thats obviously wrong. Biggest amatuer mistake is thinking cartoony graphics require less power simply because they are cartoony. There is more polygons in mku's trees than that entire modnation screen.

And no, ps360 couldnt hope to run w101 without severe compromises, there is also simply way too much going on.

In short people who constantly pull the crap YOU are pulling RIGHT NOW is why its constantly being compared to ps360 to showcase the obvious difference in capability between ps360 and non crap ports.

It doesnt have to be just as powerful and good looking as ps4 in order to be beyond the last generation. it simply has to be beyond the last generation.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

cant exactly   compare it to the PS4 or Xbox 1 since they are not even out. And most the games they showed  did not accually run on the systems. And sony also has a tendency to lie though their teeth about specs while also showing exaggerated demos  that turn  out that games never have that quality or  do at the end of their life.

true but the WiiU hasn't delivered either & it's been out nearly a year now (9 months to be exact) & it's dead, nobody's buying the WiiU & theres no games to play on it, Mario Kart isn't a system seller, neither is Pikmin 3, 101 looks ok but it's a new IP & could well be rubbish, it's not exactly groundbreaking.

Its really really really simple.

We already know ps4 xbone are more powerful than wii u.

You compare it to ps360 because then you can directly show its beyond ps360, because people like you constantly try this tired old garbage 'it can run on 360' or 'herp a derp its teh cartoony dat mens it no take any power and would look the same on ps360!'

1043505-modnation_racers_01.jpg
[img]http://static.hypabl...hovercrafts.jpg[\img]

Well thats obviously wrong. Biggest amatuer mistake is thinking cartoony graphics require less power simply because they are cartoony. There is more polygons in mku's trees than that entire modnation screen.

And no, ps360 couldnt hope to run w101 without severe compromises, there is also simply way too much going on.

In short people who constantly pull the crap YOU are pulling RIGHT NOW is why its constantly being compared to ps360 to showcase the obvious difference in capability between ps360 and non crap ports.

It doesnt have to be just as powerful and good looking as ps4 in order to be beyond the last generation. it simply has to be beyond the last generation.

what am i pulling ?

i have stated what everyone else is saying.

if your telling me that the X360 & PS3 cannot run Mario Kart then your having a laugh !

you have said that the WiiU is more powerful than the PS3/X360 but then you say that the PS4/X1 are more powerful than the WiiU, Nintendo stepped out of the generational series a long time ago, it may fall into the eighth gen era  but it doesn't necessarily mean it;s a eighth gen console does it ? 

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

true but the WiiU hasn't delivered either & it's been out nearly a year now (9 months to be exact) & it's dead, nobody's buying the WiiU & theres no games to play on it, Mario Kart isn't a system seller, neither is Pikmin 3, 101 looks ok but it's a new IP & could well be rubbish, it's not exactly groundbreaking.

A viewtiful Joe style game made by the creator of viewtiful joe, okami, bayonetta, and the director of resident evil 2 has no chance of being rubbish.

Also, mario kart is one of the, if not THE highest selling franchise of all time, putting cod to shame across all platforns combined.

Its responsible for moving 20 million wii units, and bringing the 3ds out if its wii u like slump, moving 8 million units already.

But thanks for showing us exactly how much stock we should put into your opinion.

what am i pulling ?

i have stated what everyone else is saying.

if your telling me that the X360 & PS3 cannot run Mario Kart then your having a laugh !

you have said that the WiiU is more powerful than the PS3/X360 but then you say that the PS4/X1 are more powerful than the WiiU, Nintendo stepped out of the generational series a long time ago, it may fall into the eighth gen era  but it doesn't necessarily mean it;s a eighth gen console does it ?

What is this your first generation change?

There was a MASSIVE difference in power between ps2 and Xbox. Thats an incredibly stupid argument.

And you are dodging the accountability I placed on you. Its time to put up or shut up.

Why does modnation racers, a first party ps3 cartoony kart racer, look like hot garbage compared to mario kart 8, a first party cartoony kart racer?

The answer is because ps360 cant handle mk8, or even come close upon examination.

Find a similar style ps3 or 360 game that matches mk8 (and not a retro track, since this is the first thing people always try to pull) or you will be admitting you are full of bs.

modnation-racers-screens-1.jpg

Mario-Kart-8-hovercrafts.jpg

Its going to take a lot more than cartooby graphics to bridge this gap.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

Christ 3dude why do you keep ranting all the time with your ridiculous opinions. You spoil just about every thread with ridiculous statements that only you believe or other demented Nintendo fanboys?

Your comments simply have no connection with reality. Yes the wii u cpu setup is weak, this is widely reported and often seen in games that underperform in in wii u.

Yes cartoon graphics are much easier to do than real life graphics because real life is much more diverse with regard textures, lighting and how things should behave. wii was competitive although weak for cartoon graphics but truly abysmal compared to 360 and PS3 for realism. This is nothing surprising. With cartoon graphics you don't have the set rules you have to follow you can basically design graphics around what works best for a specific console. There are some terrifc cartoon graphics on 360 and PS3.

You keep writing as if there is some conspiracy against wii u and with no acceptance that the wii u simply is a weak console that struggles to outperform current gen and you write with such resentment towards other consoles and their games. 

As a wii u, 360 and ps3 owner I can see the wii u is underperforming compared to current gen models overall.

The wii u has failed commercially probably because its offering current gen performance at next gen prices.

The wii u uses a tiny amount of power and is built around a low cost fabrication process that is much more power hungry at 45nm than ps4/xbone at 28nm., its impressive such a console is competitive with 360/PS3 in performance on that basis. It's an incredibly cheap design, unfortunately its horribly backfired on Nintendo as the wii u has not sold like wii.

Hardly anything you write has any connection with real world performance of wii u and its real world performance of the wii u that is killing it at retail. It's like the wii u console in your mind and the actual wii u console released to the world are two different consoles.

#27 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

No one cares. The general belief is Wii U is in the same graphics/power league as 360. The Wii U won't be able to showcase a game that proves otherwise. Even though X, and MK8 look great they aren't going to change anyones mind. We have what we have with Wii U. I love my Wii U and enjoy it for what it is. But the Tech talk is going to stay the same. I expect splinter cell, AC4, watchdogs, and COD:ghost to all run pretty much the same as 360 versions. Why would developers try and push Wii U version beyond the others... When the Wii U versions of those games is pretty much guaranteed to sales the least amount.

Hopefully the Wii U version at least runs at a higher fps and resolution than the ps360 versions. I mean, if it doesn't, the developers are either lazy, or hate the Wii U a whole lot.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#28 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

Christ 3dude why do you keep ranting all the time with your ridiculous opinions. You spoil just about every thread with ridiculous statements that only you believe or other demented Nintendo fanboys?

Your comments simply have no connection with reality. Yes the wii u cpu setup is weak, this is widely reported and often seen in games that underperform in in wii u.

Yes cartoon graphics are much easier to do than real life graphics because real life is much more diverse with regard textures, lighting and how things should behave. wii was competitive although weak for cartoon graphics but truly abysmal compared to 360 and PS3 for realism. This is nothing surprising. With cartoon graphics you don't have the set rules you have to follow you can basically design graphics around what works best for a specific console. There are some terrifc cartoon graphics on 360 and PS3.

You keep writing as if there is some conspiracy against wii u and with no acceptance that the wii u simply is a weak console that struggles to outperform current gen and you write with such resentment towards other consoles and their games. 

As a wii u, 360 and ps3 owner I can see the wii u is underperforming compared to current gen models overall.

The wii u has failed commercially probably because its offering current gen performance at next gen prices.

The wii u uses a tiny amount of power and is built around a low cost fabrication process that is much more power hungry at 45nm than ps4/xbone at 28nm., its impressive such a console is competitive with 360/PS3 in performance on that basis. It's an incredibly cheap design, unfortunately its horribly backfired on Nintendo as the wii u has not sold like wii.

Hardly anything you write has any connection with real world performance of wii u and its real world performance of the wii u that is killing it at retail. It's like the wii u console in your mind and the actual wii u console released to the world are two different consoles.

Oh mighty master of  proof. Please explain how come  you are always pointing out excuses made by companies that  hardly even touched the wii u. Oh please show me how amazingly these games were coded to use all cores when they were not. Please show  how lack of load balancing and therefor using less than half the available  CPU power yet still running games that  somehow require a core that runs at double the clock because its so weak. I  grovel at how good you are at explaining and proving points. Lay this wicked believer to rest with more bs. *bow bow*

#29 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

Oh mighty master of  proof. Please explain how come  you are always pointing out excuses made by companies that  hardly even touched the wii u. Oh please show me how amazingly these games were coded to use all cores when they were not. Please show  how lack of load balancing and therefor using less than half the available  CPU power yet still running games that  somehow require a core that runs at double the clock because its so weak. I  grovel at how good you are at explaining and proving points. Lay this wicked believer to rest with more bs. *bow bow*

This is one of the funniest things I have seen on this forum for a long time! Congrats!

The thing is, these threads are getting pretty ridiculous as we already know what the Wii U can do - using pure and simple knowledge and logic.

Iwata said that games such as Assassin's Creed III run using up to 50% of the Wii U's potential - proven by the fact they all seem to use just one of three cores available.

The Wii U is not as powerful as the PS4/Xboxone, but it isn't as far behind as people like to think.

But please carry on the pointless arguing, it's funny to see everyone ignore what everyone else has to say.

Bring the noise.

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

Unsupported ad hominum. Surprise surprise. Didnt attempt to adress the point of the post.

More nsupported ad hominem. Ouy dated narrative using revel in the beautiful sunshine poor ports as proof that were found to effectively only be using 1 core. Reminds back when ps2 first came out. People like desert punk thought the dream cast was more powerful because dreamcast ports ran poorly on ps2. Again Didnt attempt to adress the point of the post.

No, cartoon graphics are not any easier to make, again, biggest amatuer mistake. Pixar uses a render farm of hundreds of computers more powerful than ps4 could ever dream of being for its cartoon like graphics. There are also plenty of effective low power solutions for realistic graphics on low powered systems, such as prebaking lighting solutions into textures, pre rendered backgrounds etc.

unsupported ad hominem again. Ad hominem so far 3, actual logic arguments, 0. Good job punk.

As an owner of every console released in thd last 30 years, I realize ports never run well well on hardware they werent optimized for. Which is why the silent hill collection on ps3 looks like garbage compared to the ps2 version, with missing textures and effects, and runs lile garbage, with a stuttering framerate failing to even come close to reaching the ps2 games fps. Unlile you, i dont take it as a sign the ps3 is weaker than or on par with the ps2.

The wii u is failing for the same reason the 3ds did. It has no games worth buying a system for. Who cares how cheap a system is if it has nothing worth playing?

The wii u uses a tiny amount of power and is built around a low cost fabrication process that is much more power hungry at 45nm than ps4/xbone at 28nm.

The ps4/Xbone have a tablet cpu, and yet take over 100 watts.... That statement wasnt only unfounded, it was stupid.

its impressive such a console is competitive with 360/PS3 in performance on that basis.

Its impressive the ps360 ports were

shipped only using 1 core.

It's an incredibly cheap design,

This isnt what chipworks said

unfortunately its horribly backfired on Nintendo as the wii u has not sold like wii.

No system in history has ever sold like the wii, except the ps2. Its not like wii levels of success are standard fare. Another logical fallacy used. No system in history has ever sold like the wii, except the ps2. Its not like wii levels of success are standard fare. Another logical fallacy from desert punk.

Hardly anything you write has any connection with real world performance of wii u

Unsupported Ad hominem 4.

and its real world performance of the wii u that is killing it at retail.

Thats pretty stupid. psx, ps2, and wii were all the weakest performers of their generation and had the best retail performance. Try to think more than a few weeks in the past when crafting ypur false narratives.

It's like the wii u console in your mind and the actual wii u console released to the world are two different consoles.

Ad hominem 5, actual arguments 0, point of post quoted, never adressed, surprise surprise.

Wow, a rant littered with ad hominem attacks, subjects that had nothing to do with the thread subject or course of discussion whatsoever and were completely ot, and yet you never once touched the point of the post.

So how about punk?

Why does modnation racers, look like primitive garbage compared to mario kart 8? Why are there more polygons in mario kart 8's trees than in any given screen of sony's first party kart game?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Yes cartoon graphics are much easier to do than real life graphics because real life is much more diverse with regard textures, lighting and how things should behave. 

LOL!!!! 

No, just stop.

You should see this:

http://www.polycount...ad.php?t=104415

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

Wasn't this already posted by Zinix?

0 user(s) are reading this topic