#1 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Now I can already tell this is going to get a lot of hate but here is my opinion and I'm curious about what other people think so lets get started with my reasoning so lets start with the launch day titles for the ps4 there is a lot of variety and games that I'm sure that will get very high praise and if you need a list of launch day games here http://www.ign.com/w...4_Launch_Titles

that's my first reason and nintendo compared I feel they rushed the release of the WiiU and the 3ds because both systems got great games by the end of the year but Nintendo decided to launch it earlier than Sony's products and have a very lackluster launch for both systems

My second reason is that Sony has really stepped up there first party game this generation alone they had several new IP's such as the last of us, little big planet, Uncharted, infamous, ni no kuni ( if it is first party it may not be correct me if I'm wrong), modnation racers and the list goes on and on with the new IP's sony has created this generation along with there already famous IP's and the thing is all these new titles have lots of variety from platforming to action and adventure. Nintendo on the other hand has relased very few new IP's on the Wii off the top of my head I can only think of Pandoras tower and Xenoblade Chronicles which technically Xenoblade is a apart of the Xenosaga which started as a ps1 game called Xenogears

And I know that Nintendo has great first party titles its just that I want new titles and I know of Miyamoto making the new IP but what if its another Wii Music type new IP. I love Nintendos IP's alot of them didn't even appear on the Wii like starfox, metroid(not counting trilogy because its a collection), fzero and many more

Now this is a complaint to both companies that they both have really milked titles such as 2 ,2-D mario games in less than 2 months and also Sony with the complete milking of Uncharted 3 I mean they released 3 uncharted games in one generation which IMO is too many

Now  the indy support that both Sony and Nintendo is amazing I want to thank you for what you're doing with great games coming both to the WiiU and the Playstation 4 Sony seems to really be opening up to indy devs and I really like where its going with Nintendo.

So that is my reasoning and if you would like to debate this I'm very open to doing it. I know there will be a ton of hate on this post but I'm really curious what other people think and I'm also curious who is a die hard fanboy and I feel this post will show who is soooooooo thats it good bye

#2 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

How dare you say 3 uncharted's is too many? Those games are amazing.

#3 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Just to let you know, there were 2 metroid titles on the Wii: Metroid Prime 3 and Metroid Other M.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#4 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

Just to let you know, there were 2 metroid titles on the Wii: Metroid Prime 3 and Metroid Other M.

thanks I forgot about prime 3 for whatever reason and also metroid other M is in another class of games for example mario kart is not considered apart of the 2d platforming mario series because of the different gameplay

#5 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

1st the launches, i expect all 3 nextgen systems to have a similar situation to wiiU, but i also expect PS4/xbone to not be hit as hard as wiiU was by droughts/poor post launch sales. 

2nd, sony did overtake nintendo for best 1st/2nd party development in recent years, mostly because wii didnt have good 1st/2nd party for the second half while sony went hard in that area. sony will need to hold that title for 2-3 more years but that will be harder than during the ending wii days, if they do succeed then they overtook ninty in best first party overall. early first/second party for PS4 atm doenst look like it will cut it though.

#6 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

also forgot to mention sonys mmo support it seems so far like they are getting good support from mmo devs like dc universe which was already on ps3 I know but also games like planetside 2, dust,and elderscrolls I expect more to come

#7 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Thought this was a thread to talk about how the Vita beat out the Wii U in sales last month.

The Vita.

#8 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

1st the launches, i expect all 3 nextgen systems to have a similar situation to wiiU, but i also expect PS4/xbone to not be hit as hard as wiiU was by droughts/poor post launch sales. 

2nd, sony did overtake nintendo for best 1st/2nd party development in recent years, mostly because wii didnt have good 1st/2nd party for the second half while sony went hard in that area. sony will need to hold that title for 2-3 more years but that will be harder than during the ending wii days, if they do succeed then they overtook ninty in best first party overall. early first/second party for PS4 atm doenst look like it will cut it though.

I completley agree with your second point but your 1st I completley disagree with because I think the xbone and the ps4 have much better launches with less shovel ware and more grade A games

Thought this was a thread to talk about how the Vita beat out the Wii U in sales last month.

The Vita.

I really dont care about sales I was just thinking about it and how sony has become a much better company since the year that must not be named *whispers* 2006 where they did EVERYTHING wrong

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

some new ip's nintendo released on wii:

endless ocean
Wii sports
wii fit
wii music
pandoras tower
disaster day of crisis
wii party
fling smash
Zangeki no Reginleiv (freaking amazing)
Xenoblade (no its NOT part of xenogears, its completely independent, the actual title is 'monado, beginning of the world', the localised name was changed to honor takahashi, the creator of the xeno series, not because its related to gears or saga in any way)

Rythm heaven fever

Do some research first, it will help a lot.

Glaring errors like this tend to distract from the credibility of what you are saying and the persuasiveness of the point you are trying to make.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

some new ip's nintendo released on wii:

endless ocean
Wii sports
wii fit
wii music
pandoras tower
disaster day of crisis
wii party
fling smash
Zangeki no Reginleiv (freaking amazing)
Xenoblade (no its NOT part of xenogears, its completely independent, the actual title is 'monado, beginning of the world', the localised name was changed to honor takahashi, the creator of the xeno series, not because its related to gears or saga in any way)

Rythm heaven fever

Do some research first, it will help a lot.

Glaring errors like this tend to distract from the credibility of what you are saying and the persuasiveness of the point you are trying to make.

thanks for the advice and sorry for my mistakes but to counter your point although review scores can be misleading because there are a lot of great games with terrible scores and a lot of crap games with great scores review scores, but review scores do matter and the titles you listed most of them were flops with bellow 70 on metacritic such as disaster day of crisis having a 69 and wii music with a 63 for example although you did mention some great games there are just more new IP's on ps3 this generation that were grade A games

Edited by nbond3040, 16 July 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#11 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

I believe Uncharted 1 n 2 are incredible games, Heavy Rain pushed the boundarys in story in games, GOW3 concluded an epic story, Infamous was a clever superhero game, Journey proved indie is here to stay, and finally Last of Us cemented itself in the top 5 best games this generation of consoles arguably the best. To me those games are enough to push Sony above Nintendo if you ask me.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Playstation also has stronger download libraries than Nintendo.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Playstation also has stronger download libraries than Nintendo.

of course due to 3rd party support

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

It's not necessarily it being a case of first or third party that defines what I mean.

You are able to download a large variety of titles that come from all of Playstations major systems, as well as stronger DLC options, the PS Plus service and of course the individual services (for whatever reason) that don't come with Nintendo systems, and generally overall a larger amount to access.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

It's not necessarily it being a case of first or third party that defines what I mean.

You are able to download a large variety of titles that come from all of Playstations major systems, as well as stronger DLC options, the PS Plus service and of course the individual services (for whatever reason) that don't come with Nintendo systems, and generally overall a larger amount to access.

vey good point didn't even think of it

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Nintendo has Zelda, which means they automatically beat sony and microsoft.

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

I think Nintendo could be in a little bit of trouble if Sony pull of the PS4 launch very well.

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

The Wii U launched with the most games of any console ever.

I wonder if the PS4 can go higher.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

Company preference is left to personal opinion, no company is better or worse than the other (except EA).

People like companies for different reasons, generally people only have enough money for one console, because of that people tend to have a one sided argument. Even if you own all devices you will still have a favourite, no one is exactly like you so theres no point arguing. We play videogames to have fun, not to spend our lives fighting over which is better.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#20 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Company preference is left to personal opinion, no company is better or worse than the other (except EA).

People like companies for different reasons, generally people only have enough money for one console, because of that people tend to have a one sided argument. Even if you own all devices you will still have a favourite, no one is exactly like you so theres no point arguing. We play videogames to have fun, not to spend our lives fighting over which is better.

I have to agree with you slightly but I really like to debate these types of things its fun to hear other peoples opinions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!