Photo

What game would kickstart the Vita on the road to success?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

The Vita is basically nothing right now with Tearaway, Dragons Crown, and Killzone coming this year it seems that there is some life but I want to know what you guys think would really set the vita on fire? My thoughts...

Ps3/PS4 remote play (GET IT WORKING SONY!!! Make it work when your not home as well)

New Portable exclusive i.p.s such as Gravity Rush 

Realize that this system isnt another home console and that its a hand held experience.

Put some sony franchises on the system. ( God of War, Jak and Daxter, Infamous)

Port PS3 games to the system

Get 3rd party devs to make exclusives. (BIOSHOCK VITA, Dark Souls Vita,)

Get portable Sports games that are on par with the console versions

Build hype on the big stage... WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE AT E3!!!

Just get it done Sony the Vita is a waste of hardware and needs to deliver the goods.

#2 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Monster Hunter or an actual good Monster Hunter clone. New IPs are always welcome as long as the are worth a damn. God of War could but I don't see it happening soon.

#3 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

The new hit game everyone's been waiting for! The true most valuable game on the system! The REASON YOU WANT TO OWN ONE BUT HAVE TO WAIT FOORRRR....

Cheaper Memory Card Prices!!!

...Yeah I think the system would fare a lot better if the Memory Card prices dropped, if you couldn't tell. I'm a gaming enthusiast but still haven't bought one because of how expensive they are.

I know that, personally, Minecraft would certainly push me further towards buying one... May be a port, but Portable Minecraft controlled by sticks?

I said wow.

#4 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

I already gave up on the Vita. It's dead as far as I'm concerned. So much wasted potential.

#5 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

a metal gear vita exclusive like peace walker I think it will come eventually but probably not anytime soon I would buy a vita out right as soon as they got some type of bundle if no bundle as soon as they announce it

#6 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

sony doesnt care about their handhelds, vita is screwed at this point lol

wa3Nq7j.png

#7 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

I don't think any game can save it. Would have to be something to do with the hardware itself. Massive price drop and better advertising? I don't really know.

Edited by Symbol, 16 July 2013 - 10:31 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Pokemon...the backbone to every successful handheld 

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

I don't think anything will save it. Most people have 3DSes now anyway.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

Pokemon...the backbone to every successful handheld 

The funny thing is you're probably right. I think Pokémon could save it. Given that everyone doesn't just assume it's a joke and ignore it.

Edited by Symbol, 16 July 2013 - 10:44 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Sony don't really care for thier handhelds so I'm definatly not getting one, I will get a PS4 but not a PSVita, kinda ironic though seeming as Vita means Life but the thing is almost PSDead!

#12 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

I think The Last Of Us could have saved it. Too bad it's on PS3.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#13 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:48 AM

Ps3/PS4 remote play (GET IT WORKING SONY!!! Make it work when your not home as well)

I don't think that would be possible, if you want to play PS4 games say at work i extremely doubt it would work no matter how good their servers are. It could be done but not probably in a great way. I always tend to be wrong on things so go ahead and correct me if need be.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

No game is going to save it. The fact of the matter is the handheld costs WAY too much if you want a decent one.

$250-300 for the system itself, plus another $40-100 for a memory card that holds the same amount of space as an SD card...that's about 70% cheaper.

I would've thought Sony would've learned from the PS3 that an exorbitant overall cost for a console at launch, or any time in the future, will kill sales.

If the system got an Uncharted game, surely that would save it! Oh, wait, there is one. And that did very little for sales.

Even if they had a handheld-exclusive inFAMOUS, I wouldn't be dropping $300, $350 on another handheld when that could buy me literally dozens of games on my PS3, 3DS, and Wii U.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

I got the vita for 80 bucks with a 32 gb memory card :)

#16 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

I got the vita for 80 bucks with a 32 gb memory card :)

Well, you're just extremely lucky. Most of us who have purchased it for full price are regretting that decision. It's an overpriced piece of hardware with nothing to show for it.

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

I think if a Monster Hunter came out for it in Japan, sales would be boosted there at least. As for other regions, I honestly don't know what could save it. Another CoD game would work, but after Declassified I doubt they want to try again. I think some of Sony's first party stuff could help, but nothing that will put it in a headlock competition with the 3DS. I think if memory card prices dropped (and larger sizes were made), and the console got some more 1st/3rd party games. I could see it riding out this gen on a PSP level success, if not less or more.

#18 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

A $50 price drop, price drop on memory cards, buy their way back into Capcom's good graces and have them make the best portable MH ever, and an exclusive GTA: San Andreas Stories.  I'll send them a bill later for the free advice

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#19 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

I think if Naughty Dog made a new Crash Bandicoot game for it and the price dropped a lot more people would get a Vita.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Something from Bungie designed exclusively for the Vita.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!