Photo

Monster Hunter Tri G & second 3DS slide pad confirmed!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image
I'm happy with MH Tri G, not sure about the second slide pad :S
No signature here....

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

Uh...that slide pad looks really, really well photoshopped...for two reasons.

A: It's way too small, and not flat enough.
B: It looks...crimped near the top.

And the Monster Hunter thing...if it's true, it's great. But it would seem to me that the 'G' looks...out of place. It'd be more like the '3' wouldn't it?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

The second slide has been confirmed.

On one hand, I'm glad Nintendo didn't redesign the 3DS. On the other, I'm not sure how many games will support the peripheral. Nintendo normally doesn't force developers to make games with their devices. I can live with one slide pad, as I did with the PSP.

#4 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

Wow this is crazy.

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:01 AM

Uh...that slide pad looks really, really well photoshopped...for two reasons.

A: It's way too small, and not flat enough.
B: It looks...crimped near the top.

And the Monster Hunter thing...if it's true, it's great. But it would seem to me that the 'G' looks...out of place. It'd be more like the '3' wouldn't it?

The reason it looks sorta weird is because it's a photo of a curved magazine page. It's also called the Circle Pad, not the slide pad.

I've never played any Monster Hunter games, but it seems that they sell bucketloads wherever they go. So a Monster Hunter for the 3DS can surely be nothing but a good sign. I heard that Monster Hunter was the sole reason the PSP continued to sell well in Japan for the past while. Is the series worth getting into?

#6 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:26 AM

The reason it looks sorta weird is because it's a photo of a curved magazine page. It's also called the Circle Pad, not the slide pad.

I've never played any Monster Hunter games, but it seems that they sell bucketloads wherever they go. So a Monster Hunter for the 3DS can surely be nothing but a good sign. I heard that Monster Hunter was the sole reason the PSP continued to sell well in Japan for the past while. Is the series worth getting into?

Yes, yes it is.

I'm definitely excited for Monster Hunters on the 3DS, and the second circle pad does solve the problem for lefties playing Kid Icarus. I'm also glad the second circle pad is next to the ABXY buttons and not bellow them, as I can't imagine it being comfortable holding the 3DS by the lower right corner.
Posted Image

#7 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:51 AM

I don't believe it, I'll just wait for September 13 to see what all the hype is about.

#8 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

Uh, what is this monstrosity?
I really hope Nintendo can compensate us 3DS users who bought the oringal.... If we don't get compensation for this, I'll be ticked off.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

I am happy that Monster hunter is coming to the 3ds. I hope it comes here. The second circle pad is something i may get if it works well. Developer should provide the option to use different control schemes. One option being the 3ds without a second analog stick and another is the one with the analog stick. just wish Nintendo made the 3ds like this before tho.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#10 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

Sorry, but this second circle pad looks bad. It doesn't look like the 3DS will fit easily into pockets with this and there's no chance of it fitting into the cradle with this. It is starting to look like Nintendo will be launching a redesign of the 3DS soon. As one of the 3DS' early adopters, I'll be seriously annoyed if Nintendo charge a lot for this peripheral.

I'll only consider buying this if lots of developers support it, although I'll still be pretty annoyed with Nintendo. When Nintendo's next handheld is released, I think I'll wait a while before buying it, to avoid a repeat of this.

Monster Hunter 3D on the other hand, is great news and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

#11 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

This made me SO much happy! Why? Cuz
a second analog pad will make it possible for some fps games and other games that needs two sticks/pad.

And monster hunter 3? Just plain awesome

I can see nintendo remaking the 3ds and for those who already got one, the add on will fix that. Just like the motion plus and wii remote plus.

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

Well, even for a bent magazine...the picture still looks really off.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

If anything the 3ds's 2nd stick should be a battery extender too. And come with a new dock for the add on

#14 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

Would everyone please notice that the article says that this is just for Monster Hunter Tri G. Capcom's the one who made it.
Posted Image

#15 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

Would everyone please notice that the article says that this is just for Monster Hunter Tri G. Capcom's the one who made it.

Actually, I think Nintendo is making it, but for the same reason they made the classic controller pro: To get Capcom on board.
It's heavily implied that it is NOT necessary for the very game it's being made for, so why do people expect it be be a redesign? :S
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#16 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

Probably wont buy Monster Hunter since I am not intrested in the series. About the second circle pad add on I will buy it if it has a good amount of worthwhile games that use or require it or if it is $50 or less.

#17 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

http://nintendo3dsbl...are-screenshots

Right now Capcom has no plans for localization, but the game was just announced yesterday. I just hope we don't have to wait a year after Japan gets it.
Posted Image

#18 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

I thought it was confirmed for few others aswell, like metal gear...

Posted Image

#19 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:17 AM

I thought it was confirmed for few others aswell, like metal gear...

I made that post before the conference, when we thought that Tri-G was all it was for.

Edited by Andy, 21 September 2011 - 03:18 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hmm...
I think I'll just look forward to Monster Hunter 4 instead. I've still got 150 Hunter Ranks to roll through in MHTri.

Also, Kingdom Hearts 3D is starting to look super awesome now.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!