Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Like most people I was introduced by Toonami, first show was Dragon Ball Z, I really got into it with its constant cliff hangers and the alien race, then started watching other shows like Card Captor's Sakura, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, didn't really get into Gundam but I watched it anyway. Then Adult Swim really got me into it, Fooly Cooly, Cowboy Bebop,Bleach, Naruto. But then when I was introduced to the Internet, I found hundreds of fan favorites and enjoyed them all.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

By watching it.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Toonami

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. Got out of it for awhile, but Death Note and Naruto brought me back in.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#5 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

I started by watching Pokemon, Ranma 1/2, and several different Osamu Tezuka series. Also Toonami of course!

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#6 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

I watched pokemon as a kid and watched Inyuasha whenever I found it on tv and around last year my friend was like watch this and I said why and he was like I will quite litterally not be your friend over this and I said Ok ok and watched it and OKMMGSASHNJSK: words can not explain the amazingness of death note since then I've watched Naruto, a little bit of shippuden, Code Geass, all of Inyuasha, Yugioh, Soul Eater, and several others while also trying some but not getting into them such as rossaria vampire, trigun,one peice, and alot of others sooooo yeah

#7 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

I was age 7 when I first watched dragonballz and pokemon. My mom told me they were anime programs and I should look up them on the internet for more information and that's how I was introduced into Anime. Now at 21, I don't watch it as much as I use too but I do enjoy the regular ones on TV. Still I would not change my memories of my favorite animes for anything in the world. 

#8 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Dragon ball Z Pokemon Gundam One Piece Toonami :)))

OH YEAH AND YU YU HAKUSHO!

Edited by Mushlikeahusky25, 17 July 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#9 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

The member on here named Chaos got me into it a long time ago during one of our engineering classes

wjapt2.jpg

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Watching Naruto on Toonami. It escalated from there.

#11 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

I don't really remember how. I just kind of started watching it at a young age, then actively searching it, then I stumbled upon Kore Wa Zombie Desuka, and from there I required more. Eventually it led to obsession. Kore Wa is still my favorite anime after all of these years of great seasons.

#12 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Because my friends shunned me and killed everyone I loved until I watched anime, yet I still held back... Until I saw an anime called "Okami-San and Her Seven Companions". I watched it simply because it said Okami in the title and I loved it... I still haven't watched an anime since...

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

the sci-fi channel had a chunk on weekends of 80's anime movies, ghost in the shell, gundam, violence jack, sprigan, akira, dominion tank police etc.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I had watched avatar with my sister and my sister showed me Fruit's Basket and a few miyazaki movies. I really liked it, so when my friend Aubrey introduced me to Death Note and a few other anime I eagerly watched with her. Death Note is the best anime I've ever watched :)

Death note actually got me into my favorite book/movie/tv genre which is psychological thrillers.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#15 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Pokemon / Yugioh. Though I don't watch much anime, I watched Detective Conan, then another one, two boys writing a manga? I can't remember the name. Oh year and that one wear that kid died and semi-came back to fight and stuff. Oh yeah, Zatch Bell, love that one.

But weirdly enough im not into the main like inuyasha? death note, one piece, sailer moon.

Edited by TheDoctor13, 17 July 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#16 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

It's hard to say, I never really got into anime as a kid.  Sure, I watched DBZ, but I was actually more into Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakisho, and Samurai X, but I never actually actively went out to watch it (as I watched all cartoons)...  I suppose what got to into watching it was probably when my dad showed me that Ghost in the Shell was on (we aren't a strict family on what we watch, my brother saw Tenacious D when he was pretty young), and I went off and watched it in my room.  I watched some anime of sci-fi and other channels, and realized that I actually liked it.

After that point, I was channel surfing and was exposed to some... Hentai.  Let's just say I some some things at a younger age that I probably shouldn't have seen.

But What eventually got me into actively watching anime was after I saw the animal crossing anime online.  After that I found the streaming sites and watched Lucky Star and Haruhi, because every person said I should.  It wasn't until I watched Higurashi, that I actually calmed down and decided to watch stuff that I would actually be interested in, not just because it was anime (I was a pretty big weeaboo during that time).

Higurashi remains one of my favorites, but nowadays am not into as much anime as others.  I feel more interested in the 90's stuff and similar, probably due to watching GitS and other stuff at a younger age.  I can enjoy series, but I am usually put off by newer stuff as the ideas or them don't seem as fresh, or that the characters look like they are made out of plastic.

Lain, GitS, Kino's Journey, Yu Yu Hakisho they all seem more 'atmospheric' (for lack of a better term) than newer stuff...

#17 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Toonami / Adult Swim of course...

Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Case Closed, Zatch Bell, FLCL, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z...

Omg, nostaligic boner.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#18 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Toonami and Adult Swim.

Yeah, it's a pretty trite reason, but both of those really did introduce me to a lot of anime that I really really love. I remember watching Yu Yu Hakusho, Case Closed, Fullmetal Alchemist, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and many others on CN/Adult Swim. 

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#19 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

Watching One Piece on Toonami back in the day. Years later I looked up the subbed version of One Piece online. It escalated from there.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Like most people I was introduced by Toonami, first show was Dragon Ball Z, I really got into it with its constant cliff hangers and the alien race, then started watching other shows like Card Captor's Sakura, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, didn't really get into Gundam but I watched it anyway. Then Adult Swim really got me into it, Fooly Cooly, Cowboy Bebop,Bleach, Naruto. But then when I was introduced to the Internet, I found hundreds of fan favorites and enjoyed them all.

Wow that's creepy, exact same as me :D Hoooooooorayyyyyyyyyyy for 90's kids :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!