Photo

I think people are overestimating the PS4.

PS4

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

I think PS4 will shock many people in a goodway, I think it could help Sony find the topspot since PS2, it's definatly the first time I've been genuinly exited about a Sony games console in a long time, PS2 was my fave console ever and it's ontop still, I'm a betting man and I think Sony will win this Gen.

#22 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

I think PS4 will shock many people in a goodway, I think it could help Sony find the topspot since PS2, it's definatly the first time I've been genuinly exited about a Sony games console in a long time, PS2 was my fave console ever and it's ontop still, I'm a betting man and I think Sony will win this Gen.

I know what you mean, the console looks really great. I'm just afraid that some people think it looks TOO great.

Have you seen the folks over at N4G.com? They basically worship the system, they expect it to crush both Nintendo and Microsoft in one swoop. It just won't happen. Sure, it might beat both of them sales wise, but it won't push the other console makers into bankruptcy or software developing.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#23 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

This generation Sony seems to have made a lot of very good decisions about the product, more so than Nintendo and Microsoft and it seems on course to do very well. Clearly though Microsoft and Nintendo will be fighting like mad to sell their consoles and games and if Sony goes ahead then both will work hard to stop that.

I'm not keen on enhancing the performance of a console by use of the internet, that sounds expensive with computers working on the other end of the line to generate certain data. I'm not going to be paying to play ps3 games over the internet on my ps4 instead I will actually use my PS3!

#24 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

ps4 is going to be the best by MILES imo

#25 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

I know what you mean, the console looks really great. I'm just afraid that some people think it looks TOO great.

Have you seen the folks over at N4G.com? They basically worship the system, they expect it to crush both Nintendo and Microsoft in one swoop. It just won't happen. Sure, it might beat both of them sales wise, but it won't push the other console makers into bankruptcy or software developing.

The folks over @ N4G have always been pro Sony lol.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#26 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

It'll be able to do 4k by leveraging the cloud (gaikai) later on as the console gets older.

That didn't apply to games tho, I believe. Just pictures etc.

No sig.

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

That didn't apply to games tho, I believe. Just pictures etc.

I think was EA what said they'd be using the cloud ms was providing to do AI for some of their sports games or something like that at e3.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

I think was EA what said they'd be using the cloud ms was providing to do AI for some of their sports games or something like that at e3.

People thought the same thing about SImCity. A few weeks after it came out there was a mod that let you play offline...

bi5tzqg.gif

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

People thought the same thing about SImCity. A few weeks after it came out there was a mod that let you play offline...

Those are completely different things...
Cloud computing, and DRM aren't anything similar except they use network connections.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Those are completely different things...
Cloud computing, and DRM aren't anything similar except they use network connections.

The point is, they said that SimCity needed to be connected to the internet to have servers running their "complex AI".

It didn't.

(And I wasn't talking about DRM, were you?)

Edited by R00bot, 20 July 2013 - 07:16 PM.

bi5tzqg.gif

#31 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

The point is, they said that SimCity needed to be connected to the internet to have servers running their "complex AI".

It didn't.

(And I wasn't talking about DRM, were you?)

You mean region play?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#32 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

You mean region play?

Well, before I kinda did mean DRM.

EA and Maxis were trying to hide their DRM, saying that the game needed to be online for "cloud computation", when really it did nothing (except keep the game online).

Here's an article about it.

Edited by R00bot, 21 July 2013 - 02:25 AM.

bi5tzqg.gif

#33 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

They're overestimating it the same way they overestimated the vita. The vita was going to have more power, more features, a good comparative price, and a much better launch line-up than 3DS. Look at it now.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#34 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

They're overestimating it the same way they overestimated the vita. The vita was going to have more power, more features, a good comparative price, and a much better launch line-up than 3DS. Look at it now.

Yes. Everyone thought the Vita would leave the 3DS in the dust. The opposite happened.

bi5tzqg.gif

#35 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

"We offload a significant amount of the calculations to our servers so that the computations are off the local PCs and are moved into the cloud," she said. "It wouldn't be possible to make the game offline without a significant amount of engineering work by our team."

But, following that interview, a source close to the project told Rock Paper Shotgun that the SimCity servers weren't integral to the game's performance.

"The servers are not handling any of the computation done to simulate the city you are playing," the source explained. "They are still acting as servers, doing some amount of computation to route messages of various types between both players and cities. As well, they're doing cloud storage of save games, interfacing with Origin, and all of that. But for the game itself? No, they're not doing anything."

LUCY BRADSHAW
GENERAL MANAGER, MAXIS LABEL
Looks like she's got nothing to do with the programming of the game, shouldn't have made that claim.

Yes. Everyone thought the Vita would leave the 3DS in the dust. The opposite happened.

power never really matters, it must have been hype created by 6 or 7 year olds who haven't realised the power of a console means absolutely nothing yet.
Or.. more realistically, Sony's PR guys posting on every forum and giving interviews to every gaming website.

Edited by Nollog, 21 July 2013 - 02:43 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#36 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

LUCY BRADSHAW
GENERAL MANAGER, MAXIS LABEL
Looks like she's got nothing to do with the programming of the game, shouldn't have made that claim.

Yeah, maybe, I THINK that others claimed the same thing at Maxis, too.

bi5tzqg.gif

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

#BlameLadyCoconut

That game's still a mess.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!