#21 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Yes, they simply just took the rom and uploaded it to the eshop. Your ignorance is comical. 

Please, oh wise one, do explain what they did with this specific title in comparison to the dozens of other SNES games on the service which are priced at $8. I doth want an explanation for why they up-charged this particular game when there is a specific price point for games of it's kind.

I do so want to know.

#22 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

Please, oh wise one, do explain what they did with this specific title in comparison to the dozens of other SNES games on the service which are priced at $8. I doth want an explanation for why they up-charged this particular game when there is a specific price point for games of it's kind.

I do so want to know.

I am not comparing the price to other games, so what if it doesn't match or it's not in the normal price range of other snes titles? So what? No sense in complaining about something that is your choice to buy or not buy, and Nintendo's prerogative to charge whatever they like. Same amount of people would be complaining at $8 just because those are usually the same people who complain about Nintendo's eshop pricing in general.

My comment is simply regarding how many people just assume a classic game is taken and uploaded into the eshop with little to no effort is ridiculous.

Here is a quote from Wii U Daily with just a small glimpse as what is entailed in getting VC titles up and running.

Many people believe because the game is already made, it’s a simple rom dump for Nintendo to get the game functioning on the Wii U. There’s actually a detailed process that must be done in order to get a game ready for Wii U virtual console.

• The game must run properly on the TV and GamePad simultaneously without any lag. Even PC emulators fail to run roms of SNES games at 100%.
  • Miiverse implementation for each game must be completed.
  • Community for each game must be completed.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#23 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

2066316.jpg

Signature_DK.png

#24 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

To all you saying Nintendo is always looking to pinch a few extra Pennies out of their customers i have to say, "Y'all never had a Microsoft console, did you?"
Nintendo is one of the best for reasonable prices. It's the same people complaining that this year club Nintendo platinum rewards weren't good enough. Wanna know what Microsoft gave me for buying all the halo games and the gears of war games? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! They charged me extra so i could play the whole game (online), even though the online development is part of the cost of the game already.
Adding $2 is not that big of a deal. Relax y'all.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#25 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

My comment is simply regarding how many people just assume a classic game is taken and uploaded into the eshop with little to no effort is ridiculous.

Fair enough. Still don't like that we now know they have no issue "cherry-picking" games to jack the price up on, but what can a consumer do? Aside from not buy it since I'm not into Earthbound anyways...

To all you saying Nintendo is always looking to pinch a few extra Pennies out of their customers i have to say, "Y'all never had a Microsoft console, did you?"

Oh, I own a 360. It's basically a Local Multiplayer Minecraft box because I refuse to pay Microsoft for use of my own internet, and in turn refuse to buy ANYTHING further from them. Definitely agree with Microsoft being clearly worse here.

Nintendo is one of the best for reasonable prices.

This, however, I have to completely disagree with. Earthbound is an SNES game. It is a partially changed ROM, but it has not been updated. It has not been changed to a large extent. It cost $10. Ratchet and Clank Collection is a trilogy collection of three PS2 games. It has been revamped, given HD visuals, has added Trophy support, and added in an online mode. It costs $30 (Or $10 for each game). You then have things like the God of War Collection, the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection... I'm in no way a Sony fanboy, but I don't think you can really argue that Nintendo is better in terms of reasonable pricing.

Wanna know what Microsoft gave me for buying all the halo games and the gears of war games? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! 

Don't worry, they'll give you like a quarter for your birthday. just lvoe them and theyll love u. <3

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

Same people that complained when Nintendo offered10% off of games in Japan that are bought in the first week on the eShop because it wasn't enough, or it wasn't an ambassador program, like they are going to do that again.

#27 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

lmao who's complaining about $10 for a CLASSIC?

Ask your damn parents for $10.

psh.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#28 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Don't like the price, don't buy it & move on.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#29 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

I just said no sale! I'm not going to pay $10 for any VC game, I don't care what it is. I'll just get the game... elsewhere. For a lot less. A lot.

So, you're gonna play it on an emulator? Because even loose copies of the game run for over a C-note. 

#30 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Well, just think if you hadn't played it before. A new game for 10$ is pretty good. I have never played it, so I bought it and I am really enjoying it! I just beat Frank.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#31 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

I think I know the general answer I'm gonna get, but... Should I get it? Never played it, but I seldom hear a negative thing about it.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#32 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Yuck, 9.99 Euro.

Why are Dollar and Euro always priced the same?  At least the pricing for pounds is fine. Oh well, thanks but no thanks nintendo.

THIS. 9,99€ is more expensive than $10. And the worse is they do this with every title. I pay almost $100 for a game on release day just because someone thinks 60€ is the same as $60.

I'm sorry for the double post but I'm highly considering getting this one, despite the price. Never played the original but I feel as a RPG fan I'm missing out on a classic. But I have a few concerns before I go in... First, for those of you who already bought it, what's the filesize once it's installed? And eShop purchases on the Wii U, do they stay "bound" to my account or is the license exclusively for the console I buy it on?

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#33 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

Never played the original but I feel as a RPG fan I'm missing out on a classic. But I have a few concerns before I go in... First, for those of you who already bought it, what's the filesize once it's installed? And eShop purchases on the Wii U, do they stay "bound" to my account or is the license exclusively for the console I buy it on?

Those are good concerns. But we're talking about one of the greatest games ever, a game that rivals any Paper Mario game ever. Just buy it.

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

I do so want to know.

The only differences I can see are they made high resolution scans of the original 199x earthbound strategy guide, dedicated servers and a web domain to it, and optimized the site to run super fast on wii u browser.

And they made a super spiffy trailer for it.

And now.... Confession time.

I played to completion Earthbound on the snes..... And.... am not a fan.....

I dont really care about the mother series.....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

The only differences I can see are they made high resolution scans of the original 199x earthbound strategy guide, dedicated servers and a web domain to it, and optimized the site to run super fast on wii u browser.

And they made a super spiffy trailer for it.

And now.... Confession time.

I played to completion Earthbound on the snes..... And.... am not a fan.....

I dont really care about the mother series.....

That... Makes a ton of sense, actually. Didn't think of the guide optimization. I think it'd be better to have a version with and without or something, but I guess the extra cost does have a reason. Thanks for pointing that out.

#36 zealduke

zealduke

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • NNID:Zealduke

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:52 AM

Its an extra 2 bucks.  Not going to break my bank.  Getting it tonight

#37 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

Nintendo is one of the best for reasonable prices. It's the same people complaining that this year club Nintendo platinum rewards weren't good enough. Wanna know what Microsoft gave me for buying all the halo games and the gears of war games? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! They charged me extra so i could play the whole game (online), even though the online development is part of the cost of the game already.
Adding $2 is not that big of a deal. Relax y'all.

Absolute rubbish. I've owned both the original Xbox and the 360 and I know how greedy Microsoft can be although expecting people to have Xbox Live Gold to play online is not part of that. Considering how solid and robust their online structure is and the feature set that's not too much to ask. That's not to say MS isn't greedy. However Nintendo and even Sony can and are just as bad.

#38 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

I like how Sony can put PS1 classics on the Playstation Network for $6-10 with nothing improved and nobody bats an eye, but when one of the most expensive SNES games out there (that hasn't seen a North American release since its original release over 18 years ago) gets added to Nintendo's virtual console with added features (Miiverse support, restore points, off-TV play, gamepad-optimized version of the official strategy guide bundled with the original release of Earthbound available for free online [which Nintendo is also paying extra money to host said web domain]) for $10, and then suddenly

tumblr_mn4p7cKQcg1sreq5lo1_500.gif

and then they complain it should be cheaper because they can get it illegally on the internet.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#39 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Love the game. 

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#40 Sortvind

Sortvind

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

I never bought a VC game before.

is there any added benefit ( graphics, sound e.t.c )?

if not, the price seems a bit steep.

THIS. 9,99€ is more expensive than $10. And the worse is they do this with every title. I pay almost $100 for a game on release day just because someone thinks 60€ is the same as $60.

I'm sorry for the double post but I'm highly considering getting this one, despite the price. Never played the original but I feel as a RPG fan I'm missing out on a classic. But I have a few concerns before I go in... First, for those of you who already bought it, what's the filesize once it's installed? And eShop purchases on the Wii U, do they stay "bound" to my account or is the license exclusively for the console I buy it on?

The way most people do it is that they have to ask nintendo to transfer purchases to a new consol if the previous is stolen, sold, broken e.t.c

based on what i know its tied to your account, but the account can only be tied to one consol, therefor the process of asking them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!