AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Not surprising

I feel bad for Ouya, mobile games are designed to be played in short bursts of 1 to perhaps 10 minute intervals. Also some of the game design doesn't translate well on TV, Shadow gun for instance looks great on an idevice and the AI isn't too bad since you can't move quiet as fluently as you can with a normal controller. Once it's moved onto the TV you start to notice it's boxy level design and the bad AI becomes extremely evident. The Ouyas future isn't looking all to bright, oh well.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#22 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

2000 people wasted thier money, such a shame, mind you if you are stupid enough to buy an Ouya you probably deserve to lose your money

#23 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

2000 people wasted thier money, such a shame, mind you if you are stupid enough to buy an Ouya you probably deserve to lose your money

Um, speak for yourself dude, the Ouya could save me a ton of money if I want to release a video game on another platform or a console. The only problem isn't the power, as it has enough of it for nonlazy devs. It isn't the games, as there are even programs to get more and perhaps better games on the console. It's the build quality of the console, which could make or break the Ouya 1 in the end, sadly.

#24 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

I feel like a vulture saying it but I'm looking forward to picking one up when its £20 being cleared out just to play about with. It's just not a commercially viable product and sooo underpowered. That said if they'd actually done a better controller that might have helped. I keep reading about people trying to use the dual shock or xbox controller with it. They probably should have bundled 20 full games with it or something. It's not like their decent games anyway most of the time but just to add to the perceived value.

There are quite a few other incoming variations on this sort of thing anyway plus you can get those android dongles too. I bought a RK3066 android dongle for £23 delivered off aliexpress. It's not dis-similar performance to the ouya and just plugs into my tv with a cable going to the usb port to power it.

I've connected it to a cheap as chips 16" LCD tv to convert it into a sort of smart tv. Ouya seems very expensive for what it is especially in the UK.

#25 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

I think it'd be nice if it even supported standard USB Xinput (or DirectInput) controllers. Then the build quality won't be as much of an issue. But as it stands now it feels almost like one of those knockoff systems designed to play old game cartridges.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#26 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Um, speak for yourself dude, the Ouya could save me a ton of money if I want to release a video game on another platform or a console. The only problem isn't the power, as it has enough of it for nonlazy devs. It isn't the games, as there are even programs to get more and perhaps better games on the console. It's the build quality of the console, which could make or break the Ouya 1 in the end, sadly.

ouya%2Bcouch.jpg

#27 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

ouya%2Bcouch.jpg

:o

Ouch

#28 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

I have one and i love it, Its been used more in past month than my ps3,360 and wii u combined. Younger gamers just wont understand it. The majority of the games on the store have a real retro feel, It takes me back to the days when games were not made with millions of dollars thrown behind them for development. The games don't need great graphics, because to put it simply, They are just fun. 

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!