• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Im not going to read any reviews until after I complete the game.

But I suspect when I get to the IGN review it will have all the staple features of a ign nintendo review

* Written review that doesnt match score. Particularly when compared to reviews and scores on other systems. (this goes for all possible situations and interpretations, ive seen them all from IGN. IGN often very well matches the metacritic average. Far more often than a score that fits the review they wrote)

* Factual innaccuracies.
* Fictional complaints, often related to journalists incompetence at gaming.
* Inability to identify real problems/changes that may be problematic (i'd bet a cheese wheel the ign review never mentioned the removal of C stick control something EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to series veterans)
* Other erroneous statements/quibbles typically related to someone with no experience on what they are talking about trying WAY too hard to sound like a veteran of the series.

I would never trust an ign review. The score always seems to be taken from metacritic and completely unrelated to what was written, and the review always reads like a kid who sucks at games but thinks hes amazing, trying to write a clever book report.

IGN very often misses large chunks of games because they suck, entire levels they didnt know could be unlocked, second halves of games they didnt realize existed before sending up th review, not realizing bad endings that cut games short arent all their is to the game (this one was as recent as pandoras tower). They always get caught redhanded, often stealth edit the review, but never adjust the scores.

Their really is a reason a lot ofpeople dont take ign seriously. Theyve worked very hard to earn that reputation.

I dont think it was a coincidence the entire nintendo team quit at the same time, right when ign started acting like this.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Not everyone has a really long attention span. I'd imagine Pikmin3's target audence would get bored of a 30 hour game long before finishing. I know I would.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#23 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

IGN gave Pikmin 3 a score of 8.8. For those of you people who are to lazy to click the link.

Have to actually thank you for that. I was one of the few.

#24 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Same.

I was actually expecting a more terrible score than that.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

Not everyone has a really long attention span. I'd imagine Pikmin3's target audence would get bored of a 30 hour game long before finishing. I know I would.

Thats why Nintendo designs games like pikmin 3 with a 10-12 hour 'straight through' story mode, with 30 hours + for people who like to explore.

Id be willing to bet ign complained about the game being too short, its almost become a running gag that they are so incompetent they cant find dozens of hours of content beyond just 'beating' the game, even whilst complaining about not having enough content.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

IGN gave Pikmin 3 a score of 8.8. For those of you people who are to lazy to click the link.

/hero
No sig.

#27 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

I would have been happier if it got an 8.0 and was a 20 hour game that was challenging.  So now we have Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 that are both coming out well after the WiiU launch window since they required additional development time......and the reviews for Pikmin and previews of 101 are complaining about game length.  To that I say WTF.

Isn't the w101 meant to take about 20 hours to complete?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Im not going to read any reviews until after I complete the game.But I suspect when I get to the IGN review it will have all the staple features of a ign nintendo review* Written review that doesnt match score. Particularly when compared to reviews and scores on other systems. (this goes for all possible situations and interpretations, ive seen them all from IGN. IGN often very well matches the metacritic average. Far more often than a score that fits the review they wrote)* Factual innaccuracies.* Fictional complaints, often related to journalists incompetence at gaming.* Inability to identify real problems/changes that may be problematic (i'd bet a cheese wheel the ign review never mentioned the removal of C stick control something EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to series veterans)* Other erroneous statements/quibbles typically related to someone with no experience on what they are talking about trying WAY too hard to sound like a veteran of the series.I would never trust an ign review. The score always seems to be taken from metacritic and completely unrelated to what was written, and the review always reads like a kid who sucks at games but thinks hes amazing, trying to write a clever book report.IGN very often misses large chunks of games because they suck, entire levels they didnt know could be unlocked, second halves of games they didnt realize existed before sending up th review, not realizing bad endings that cut games short arent all their is to the game (this one was as recent as pandoras tower). They always get caught redhanded, often stealth edit the review, but never adjust the scores.Their really is a reason a lot ofpeople dont take ign seriously. Theyve worked very hard to earn that reputation.I dont think it was a coincidence the entire nintendo team quit at the same time, right when ign started acting like this.

All of that is just total rubbish and by no means true. You obviously have some kind of unwarranted animosity against them. They are one of the most professional unbiased and accurate sites out there. Just because you don't agree with them and can't fathom that some else's opinions about games may not agree with yours you choose to post such rubbish.

#29 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

"A game I want didn't get a perfect score?! TIME TO CRY ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!" Nintendo fanboys love to victimize themselves.

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

All of that is just total rubbish and by no means true. You obviously have some kind of unwarranted animosity against them. They are one of the most professional unbiased and accurate sites out there. Just because you don't agree with them and can't fathom that some else's opinions about games may not agree with yours you choose to post such rubbish.

I havent even read the review yet. These are just common failings of post 2007/8 ign. I dont KNOW whether or not Ign's done these things for the pikmin 3 review yet. I dont KNOW whether ign has missed large chunks of gameplay, complained about irrelevant bs, missed real problems like no c-sticking or piklopedia. Its just a wad of generic screw ups you can always count on with ign reviews. Especially reviews of games that arent check the box industry standard clones.

www.giantbomb.com/pixeljunk-sidescroller/3030-35567/forums/ign-caught-lying-about-pixeljunk-sidescroller-revi-521468/

Stuff like this happens, a LOT on IGN. I just wish more devs took to twitter to call them out.

lolign.jpg

lolign2.jpg

THIS, lots and lots of this, with the attitude that accompanies it, lies, stealth edits, no apologies, no accountability, is what I have against what IGN has become.

My animosity is not only warranted, it was hard earned over many years.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

"A game I want didn't get a perfect score?! TIME TO CRY ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!" Nintendo fanboys love to victimize themselves.

To be fair, this happens with all games. I remember people freaking out when Batman Arkham City got anything less than a 9.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#32 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

To be fair, this happens with all games. I remember people freaking out when Batman Arkham City got anything less than a 9.

I suppose. I generally avoid reviews unless it gets this kind of backlash;

#33 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

just dont go to IGN.

i expect ruffly 9-9.5 gameplay from this game, if its less i will say something. the only thing i see that might be a issue is the lack of a challange. it was my only issue with the pikmin games, they were insainly easly till you get close to the end.

#34 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

All Im saying is i trust no ones reviews.

I have watch movies and people said they where pure crap and they turn out to be great imo.

A ton of people down talk and said zombiu suck. But to me it's a damn great game it's just hard.

But I will find out when I play pikmin 3 and see for myself. 1 and 2 play good. I even went through the extra stuff for the cave digging.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#35 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Isn't the w101 meant to take about 20 hours to complete?

I missed this completely, and I'm glad I did because it turned out to be a nice surprise.

http://www.examiner....ealed-for-wii-u

This will be my next Wii u game.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!