GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

Is it wrong of me to expect or even demand at this point a more stable framerate and improved visuals over 360 counterparts? its seems like there are a lot of people on different sites saying just be happy 3rd party games are coming no matter what shape they are in.

Again am i wrong?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

Your feelings reflect the majority of wii u console owners.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

Your feelings reflect the majority of wii u console owners.

not all of them. i have even seen some on this site said they would pay for a 3rd party games than runs identical to 360 versions as longs as there is gamepad intergration.

#4 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

I haven't really been impressed by the ports at all, NFSMW and COD would be the only exception to this since devs actually took the time to fully optimise their game and make use of some of the gamepad features. As someone stated in a previous thread, third party ports like these are generally handled by a much smaller, inexperienced team who don't really have a full understanding for how game engines work. It takes time and money to make a decent port but there is no excuse for the quality of some of them, you would think they would put the extra effort to optimise their games on a next gen system but obviously i was wrong.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

I haven't really been impressed by the ports at all, NFSMW and COD would be the only exception to this since devs actually took the time to fully optimise their game and make use of some of the gamepad features. As someone stated in a previous thread, third party ports like these are generally handled by a much smaller, inexperienced team who don't really have a full understanding for how game engines work. It takes time and money to make a decent port but there is no excuse for the quality of some of them, you would think they would put the extra effort to optimise their games on a next gen system but obviously i was wrong.

Yeah sad indeed... cant wait to see what kind of package we get with splinter cell blacklist kicking things off next month.

#6 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

Yeah sad indeed... cant wait to see what kind of package we get with splinter cell blacklist kicking things off next month.

Im more excited for watchdogs.

After seeing the recent trailer for Splinter Cell blacklist i felt it could have run a little better than that.

If the Watch_Dogs port is no good than i might cancel my preorder.

Edited by AndyG, 23 July 2013 - 04:11 AM.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#7 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

It's technically possible that the Devs can go back to the game, rehash it a little bit, then release a patch that can fix it, but I doubt we'll be seeing Devs do this. Most of them already think releasing the game in the first place was a waste of time considering the low Wii U sales
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

not all of them. i have even seen some on this site said they would pay for a 3rd party games than runs identical to 360 versions as longs as there is gamepad intergration.

That's what majority means.

What's wrong with a 360 port that runs properly?
It's still a playable game.
Things like blops, injustice etc. are not playable imo.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

What makes those games *blops and injustice* not playable?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

What is wrong is Wii U has 1GB of ram 32MB of Edram, a GPU based off of 2011 tech at least... Do you get what I'm saying? They should be ablet to throw us a bone and give us a better version framerate and visual than a console that came out in 2005.

#11 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

sounds to me like you want a PS4 or Xone. i wont give up, one day. one day there will be a topic on here praising the Wii U!  

bb0.gif

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

What is wrong is that it is new tech, and devs are lazy. This phenomenon isn't exclusive to the Wii U. If I recall, early Xbox 360/PS3 games had framerate/optimization issues as well.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

What is wrong is Wii U has 1GB of ram 32MB of Edram, a GPU based off of 2011 tech at least... Do you get what I'm saying? They should be ablet to throw us a bone and give us a better version framerate and visual than a console that came out in 2005.

You want enhanced versions when we're not even getting versions at all?
You're reaching too far.
Start from just getting decent versions, then reach for the enhancements.

What makes those games *blops and injustice* not playable?

disgusting bugs and lack of support and information on dlc and patches.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

sounds to me like you want a PS4 or Xone. i wont give up, one day. one day there will be a topic on here praising the Wii U!

Nope not even a little bit... But if they are gonna bring a 3rd party game then make use of the console at this point.

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

A lot of 3rd party Wii U games are highly inferior, but there's still some diamonds in the rough if you search for them that have had genuine effor put into them. Sonic Racing is on par with the other versions, and has some extra multiplayer modes along with off TV play. Skylanders Giants got a 1080p touch up on Wii U, and has Gamepad features for off TV play, character stats, and mini games. Bit Trip Runner 2 iirc has the best loading times out of every version. I could go on, but there's still some good 3rd party multiplats with actual effort put into them. But we can't deny the downsides of games lacking their DLC (BLOPS 2, Injustice, NFSMW), and lower framerate. Hopefully these issues are solved if the Wii U picks up steam during the Holiday Season.

#16 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

I just got Injustice and I think it plays fine.  Madden has some glitches but it's still "playable."  

#17 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Is it wrong of me to expect or even demand at this point a more stable framerate and improved visuals over 360 counterparts? its seems like there are a lot of people on different sites saying just be happy 3rd party games are coming no matter what shape they are in.

Again am i wrong?

Sadly, I don't see the Wii U getting improved ports. We'll be lucky to GET ports! ^^

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

That's what majority means.What's wrong with a 360 port that runs properly?It's still a playable game.Things like blops, injustice etc. are not playable imo.

Injustice is just fine. In fact it looks and plays better then the PS3 and 360 versions.

You want enhanced versions when we're not even getting versions at all?You're reaching too far.Start from just getting decent versions, then reach for the enhancements.disgusting bugs and lack of support and information on dlc and patches.

Lack of support and information on DLC and patches hardly has anything to do with the technical competency of the games.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Injustice is just fine. In fact it looks and plays better then the PS3 and 360 versions.

Lack of support and information on DLC and patches hardly has anything to do with the technical competency of the games.

I never implied it did. Further, no advertising of Wii U versions doesn't help their games sell on the console either.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I agree, many reviewers and others have said injustice is the best version on Wii U, most stable, framerate etc, the only thing lacking is the private lobbies. It has DLC now.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!