Photo

NES Vs. SNES

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you prefer? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) (24 votes [92.31%])

Percentage of vote: 92.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

Nintendo has 2 consoles that changed the video game industry with games like Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Country, and other games. The NES and SNES. I want to know which one you think is better?

I pick the NES.

#2 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

I take the SNES, for the mere fact that it has all this awesomeness on it, plus Yoshi's Island.

By the way, this should be a poll. *claps hands*

#3 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

I choose SNES. The start of my gaming life was after these generations, but the games that I've played and the video's I've seen... The SNES was a clear improvement over the NES.

I mean, sure, nowadays a little bit of extra graphical power won't mean anything special, but back then... Well, you get my point ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#4 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

I grew up in the 90's, so I have a soft-spot for the SNES. Granted, N64 was the first console that I owned, but the genius of these games didn't escape me. Some of you may be too young to remember that wonder of the world, the giant screen at Best Buy, but I'd enjoy going over to the SNES on that pole to play Yoshi's Island while I waited for the Mario Kart 64 line to die down. So many good memories watching my cousin play Super Mario All-Stars/World, Mega Man X and Starfox. That last one was truly something to see played through all the way.

Sentiment aside, though, NES games are a bit too arbitrary and indirect. I know it's fun to explore a game like the original Legend of Zelda or Metroid, but I feel the partial guiding and other improvements to the sequel and prequel (LttP) made them feel more present and allowed me to have a better time playing them. I also enjoy marveling at the graphical achievments of this device, trying to remind myself this was the system right after the NES. Plus, I'm a music guy and find so much to love about what's been done with that Sony sound card.
"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#5 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

I voted for SNES, I just have a bit more love for it than the NES but I love all Nintendo consoles.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#6 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

Voted the SNES. Didn't suffer through half the game sucking and improved in everything from the Nintendo Entertainment System. No wonder why I consider it the best gaming console ever made.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#7 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

SNES because of Mega Man X.

Posted Image

#8 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

I'm not the best person to judge, as I wasn't even alive when these consoles were released, but I'm going to say SNES, simply because the NES didn't have any Yoshi. Also, I've enjoyed the few SNES games I've played.

#9 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

SNES for me! There's games that started out the whole Mario and Zelda franchises on the NES (and I have to say this: they're really fun), but Nintendo improved upon them with the SNES, bringing games like Super Mario RPG, which also has graphics that are nearly ahead of its time, not to mention the durability and the fun you can have with it, Super Mario World, an extremely lengthy Mario platformer that can be frustratingly difficult occasionally; Yoshi's Island, an extremely fun Yoshi game that also lasts quite a while (I love this game, and I own both this and its sequel), and finally, there's Super Metroid. This game is good enough to get multiple sentences of its own here, and it's my second favorite game in the Metroid franchise. It lasts a long time, and it's the perfect game for Metroid fans! Of course, this is all based on opinion, and the graphics might have had a little to do with it, but I think the SNES has more durable games that are better than the NES.

Edited by Someone, 06 June 2011 - 01:11 PM.

#10 omega

omega

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

snes it was...it is my favorite system and im in 8th grade my favorite games are on there tales of phantasia, legend of the holy sword 1-3, super mario world, super metroid, link to the past, CHRONO TRIGGER!!!!! should i go on? nes does have good games to as well but i felt snes was just perfect honestly nes was the first gaming console it started it all but you cant go wrong with snes lol...im saying snes is better while im playing through final fantasy 1
games are a get away when your tired or bored they can take you places you could have never thought of its like a book but 300x better :D

#11 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

I choose SNES, while i wasn't borne in it's time, i did get the chance to play some of it's games... And they were awesome.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#12 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

I don't think you can really compare them, they were released years apart, they both changed gaming, it's like comparing black and white movies to colour movies. At the time they were released, they were both amazing.

Edited by Jabob, 14 June 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#13 Icebreaker

Icebreaker

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

SNES was the first and only one I owned. Yoshi's Island FTW.

#14 Marina

Marina

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    Homestuck

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

On one hand, the NES has Megaman 1-3, and Final Fantasy 1.
On the other hand, the SNES has Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV and VI, Earthbound, and a whole bunch of other absurdly awesome games.

I think the SNES gets my vote on this one.

#15 FreakAlchemist

FreakAlchemist

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link Samus MegaMan KidBuu Vegeta

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

SNES because of Mega Man X.

For this and The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past :D
Posted Image

3DS Friend code: 0602-6262-8935

just pm me if you want to friend me

#16 seakingz ★

seakingz ★

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Fandom:
    The legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Too many epic games... I LUVZ IT! <3

Posted Image

#17 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

Mario World > Mario 3.

#18 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

SNES. EarthBound was a good game on that system.

Edited by MaskMidget, 18 June 2011 - 03:32 PM.

Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!