Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yet still more powerful than the Wii U :unsure:

It was more powerful than Wii U before the specs were even announced... What's your point? Its sad Sony guys are having a meltdown over this... SAD. It proved what I have been saying sony gaming products have become graphic whore products if they don't lead in specs their fans will have meltdowns and don't want to buy their products.

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

maybe with it's eDRAM the WiiU can keep up with the PS4 ?[/size]

Maybe, if this is true, and they also decide to take away two or three more cpu cores from games, and they also decide to downgrade the gpu....

Im definately going to wait this one out, leadbetter is consistantly wrong about almost everything (yay gamz jernalizm!!!). Even so, a broken clocks right twice a day.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Don't know if that number is right but I can tell you that it will not be a full 8gb for gaming.

A lot will be os. 

You gotta remember it has facebook, jump in play, download n play, video chart etc... All while gaming.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#24 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...reserved-for-os

There is another 1 GB of "flexible memory" that can be used to boost games when not in use by the OS

oh dear, looks like X1 now has the RAM amount advantage

RAM ammount is nothing, it is the type or RAM you want to consider.

#25 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

lol we all seen this coming WELL REAL GAMERS WITH BRAINS IN THERE HEADS DID LOL .....

ps4 is a rushed cheap pile of crap built using cheap amd laptop and tablet chips >>>FACT<<<....

LOL AT PS4S NONSENSE

DEVELOPERS ARE SAYING OVER AND OVER THE 8GB AINT NEDDED SO THERES A TRUTH FOR SONY FANS TO SWOLLOW

then theres the whole lie thing WE ALL NEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A PC LIKE DEVICE WITH BLOATED OS

so the 7/8gb gaming was all bs total bs in the first darn place

ps4s running bloated os sound game code app code all on the cpus together with 200ns latent ram NOW IT DOESNT TAKE A GERMAN ROCKET SCIENTIST TO SEE WHY WIIU KART 8 AND XENO DID SOME LETS SAY

PS4 ASS WUPPING AT E3

GAMING FACT SMALL AND FAST AND EMBEDDED BEATS HUGE AND SLOW AND EXTERNAL """"EVERY TIME IN GAMING RAM"""

WIIU IS DESINGED WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER AND HAS BETYTER MEMORY BETTER CPU (FACT ARGUE ALL U LIKE JAGUAR IS rainbowE) AND A MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE CUSTOM GPU

A FACTS A FACT OPINIONS GET GANG RAPED BY THEM :rolleyes:

Edited by cupoftea, 27 July 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#26 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

lol we all seen this coming WELL REAL GAMERS WITH BRAINS IN THERE HEADS DID LOL .....

ps4 is a rushed cheap pile of crap built using cheap amd laptop and tablet chips >>>FACT<<<....

LOL AT PS4S NONSENSE

DEVELOPERS ARE SAYING OVER AND OVER THE 8GB AINT NEDDED SO THERES A TRUTH FOR SONY FANS TO SWOLLOW

then theres the whole lie thing WE ALL NEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A PC LIKE DEVICE WITH BLOATED OS

ps4s running bloated os sound game code app code all on the cpus together with 200ns latent ram NOW IT DOESNT TAKE A GERMAN ROCKET SCIENTIST TO SEE WHY WIIU KART 8 AND XENO DID SOME LETS SAY

PS4 ASS WUPPING AT E3

GAMING FACT SMALL AND FAST AND EMBEDDED BEATS HUGE AND SLOW AND EXTERNAL """"EVERY TIME IN GAMING RAM"""

WIIU IS DESINGED WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER AND HAS BETYTER MEMORY BETTER CPU (FACT ARGUE ALL U LIKE JAGUAR IS rainbowE) AND A MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE CUSTOM GPU

nothing matters if developers arent taking advantage of the so called "ADVANTAGE" you are saying Wii U has. Lets see if developers can make games look better we arent even hearing about Wii U versions of multiplat games like AC4, Watchdogs, Batman Arkham Origin, Splinter Cell(even though there was a tweet from Ubi that Wii U specific info and gameplay is coming soon) or Call of Duty Ghost... lets see im tied of all this talk of what Wii U can do we know Nintendo can take advantage its THEIR console but what can 3rd parties do?

#27 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

RAM ammount is nothing, it is the type or RAM you want to consider.

Not necessarily, while a better type is, well, better, amount of RAM will provide developers more wiggle room down towards the end of the consoles life cycle. If you look now, lots of developers are complaining about this gen because their limited
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#28 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

reading Digital Foundry is like watching The Deadliest Warrior; it's a bunch of idiots sloppily doing tests despite not knowing what the heck they're doing or talking about.

Edited by Aiddon, 27 July 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#29 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

LOL AT PS4S NONSENSE

PS4 ASS WUPPING AT E3

caps make everything better! It's like it's an auto "my opinion is true" button!

#30 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

nothing matters if developers arent taking advantage of the so called "ADVANTAGE" you are saying Wii U has. Lets see if developers can make games look better we arent even hearing about Wii U versions of multiplat games like AC4, Watchdogs, Batman Arkham Origin, Splinter Cell(even though there was a tweet from Ubi that Wii U specific info and gameplay is coming soon) or Call of Duty Ghost... lets see im tied of all this talk of what Wii U can do we know Nintendo can take advantage its THEIR console but what can 3rd parties do?

Do you have a link to the Splinter Cell tweet? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#31 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Not necessarily, while a better type is, well, better, amount of RAM will provide developers more wiggle room down towards the end of the consoles life cycle. If you look now, lots of developers are complaining about this gen because their limited

5.5GB is still a lot and the RAM the PS4 is using is made for this sort of loading.  Where as the Xbox is made for multi tasking, opening lots of apps, all their TV stuff.  I'm not hitting out on the Xbox, I'm just saying that the PS4 isn't in any bother.  Also as the PS3 did with Uncharted 3, it can allocate RAM from the OS to the games.

#32 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Do you have a link to the Splinter Cell tweet? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Came from ubisoft forms... Here is link

http://forums.ubi.co...epad-features-Q

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Well,sony has responded, and as usual, leadbutter managed to screw up and mis interperet every technical detail he possibly could.

However, in an amazing display of celebrity jeopordy sean connery-ness he actually managed to get a number right.

5Gb is what games get.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yet still more powerful than the Wii U :unsure:

Not much.

EDIT: I just saw 3dude's post so I was incorrect. My bad. I'm however still not worried.

Edited by SaturnDaOPGaymFreak, 27 July 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#35 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

lol you lot are CRAZY if you think the wii u will be anywhere near the ps4,the ps4 has showed itself ALREADY to be the best nxt gen system by a fair bit,all the games at e3 that were shown were AMAZING.

i dont give a stuff how many gigs its using,it still crushes the competition by a mile :)

#36 Greg1040

Greg1040

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:32 AM

Many game developers are saying this is rubbish and that some games in development are using 6gbs of ram. Either way ps3 has what 512mb of ram and look at what that can do. So 4/5/6 what ever is accessible to games is still a huge improvement over what we have atm.

#37 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

LOL AT PS4S NONSENSE

PS4 ASS WUPPING AT E3

Caps Lock is cruise control for cool.

Edited by R00bot, 29 July 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#38 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Caps Lock is cruise control for cool.

yeah... no.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#39 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

yeah... no.

Sarcasm is cruise control for people not understanding.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#40 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Let me end this topic right now. XBOX One uses DDR3 RAM. PS4 uses GDDR5 RAM. Even if 3 GB is dedicated to the OS, PS4 still holds the RAM advantage.

Edited by Princess Twilight Sparkle, 30 July 2013 - 04:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!