• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Developer Two Tribes has said that they have discovered a hidden hardware feature of the Wii U.

Two Tribes was very happy to report that: “Today we discovered a new hardware feature of the Wii U that shaves off 100 megabytes of texture memory usage in Toki Tori 2!”

But what does this extra 100MB of texture memory allow them to do?

They explained this hidden feature’s benefits by saying: “It means we spend less time loading and have more memory available when the game is running.”

Good news to hear. It appears that the Wii U is all around a surprising console. Michael Ancel recently praised it as being very powerful, and other companies like Crytek have more than been pleased with it. Though of course the silly “it isn’t next-gen” debates will rage on until the Wii U’s generation ends in five or six years.

http://gimmegimmegam...e-in-the-wii-u/

Saved 100mb i bet thats 50% because i bet the wiiu like the gc and wii had a texture virtual design ability to break up texture data into smaller easier chunks INCREASING TEXTURE SPACE AND THRU PUT BY 50%

so example 1mb ram = 1.5 mb textures

1mb ram with 4x texture compression = 4mb of textures but ad in virtual design its now 6mb textures

wiiu is doing this and its a upgrade improvment on wiis ability to do this combined with fast ram low latency a big texture catch and modern compression its looking like wiiu is DOUBLE the xbox 360 meg for meg in delivering textures to the screen...

i bet its a texture hsardware/software trick TYPICAL NINTENDO THE BEST WAY ALWAYS

if ps3 used 256mb for textures and wiiuused 512mb for textures and both had the same compression ratio etc wiiu would have another 256mb of textures plus compresion vs ps3 its moving 50% more all the time conbined with modern hardware being more effective and wiius custom disc drive loading much much much faster than say ps3 ITS CLEAR WIIU DELIVERS HUGE TEXTURING PERFORMANCE and theres far more actual in game ram than last generation too

wiiu can do huge textures vs last gen HD twins

THIS IS JUST ONE OF MANY TRICKS NINTENDO WILL USE :)

I have to giggle at neogaf comunity etc they point blank will not admit this kind of thing exists ITS PC OR BUST imagine being that DUMB

Edited by cupoftea, 27 July 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#2 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

we do not know exactly how much the same is  using for textures, but i am a little skeptical to think they are using 300megs per level in it. Especially since the game itself is 300 megs

so obviously  its saving more than 50% the texture size. 

#3 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

What the hell was this garbage response?

I will put up with your annoying grammar patterns, and ridiculous capitilization obsession. But you will NOT respond to a perfectly civil attempt at discussion like this with straight bile and derision again.

Read the TOS.

Edited by 3Dude, 27 July 2013 - 07:07 AM.

#4 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

OBVIOUSLY i would look that word up before INCURECTLY USING IT

the games 300mb yes COMPRESSED  oh the irony the irony he tried to look smart and custard pied his face OBVIOUSLY

yes OBVIOUSLY ITS A COMPRESSED DIGITAL GAME is it not

nano assult is what a 100mb game or whatever IS THAT IN TOTAL OR COMPRESSED HAVE A GUESS :D

ARE YOU ALSO IMPLYING THEY LIED

no.... i am implying they are saving quite a bit more than 50%, i even said that.

nano assault uses procedurally generated textures so the size of the game while running is much larger than that of it as a file.

Toki Tori 2 uses  premade textures images.

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

again doesnt mean anything if "BIG"  3rd parties dont know about or refuse to use these features and make multiplats better than ps360 versions. the majority will still see Wii U as barely a step up from last gen.... I know and have faith Nintendo will show amazing visuals for their titles but what about 3rd parties?

#6 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

again doesnt mean anything if "BIG"  3rd parties dont know about or refuse to use these features and make multiplats better than ps360 versions. the majority will still see Wii U as barely a step up from last gen.... I know and have faith Nintendo will show amazing visuals for their titles but what about 3rd parties?

third parties are jerks and get no cake

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

third parties are jerks and get no cake

doesnt matter what do people expect gamers to believe. if a good 75 percent of big 3rd parties arent bringing their games to Wii U and all they can say is game engine cant  be ran are difficult or sacrificies have to be made to ge the game to run on Wii U... what do people expect the general perceptin of Wii U to be?

#8 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

doesnt matter what do people expect gamers to believe. if a good 75 percent of big 3rd parties arent bringing their games to Wii U and all they can say is game engine cant  be ran are difficult or sacrificies have to be made to ge the game to run on Wii U... what do people expect the general perceptin of Wii U to be?

Obviously the stigma would still be there, but even if they DID put out games people would still think the same thing.

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

Obviously the stigma would still be there, but even if they DID put out games people would still think the same thing.

i truly dont think so... I was thinking today and it ticked me off even more. EA on launch released fifa, madden, ME3, and then the need for speed most wanted U. We know Crytek said they had a running finished version of Crysis 3 ready for launch. those crappy ports why didnt EA release Crysis 3 for Wii U. Crytek has gone on record about the Wii U hardware and i have no doubt the Wii U version probably out performed ps360 version i doubt Crytek would have wanted to release it if it was a crap fast port. but EA not wanting to release that game but a crap madden and fifa that didnt have features that ps360 had showed exactly how they feel.  

Edited by GAMER1984, 27 July 2013 - 01:33 AM.

#10 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

Oh no, it's the Happening
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#11 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

i truly dont think so... I was thinking today and it ticked me off even more. EA on launch released fifa, madden, ME3, and then the need for speed most wanted U. We know Crytek said they had a running finished version of Crysis 3 ready for launch. those crappy ports why didnt EA release Crysis 3 for Wii U. Crytek has gone on record about the Wii U hardware and i have no doubt the Wii U version probably out performed ps360 version i doubt Crytek would have wanted to release it if it was a crap fast port. but EA not wanting to release that game but a crap madden and fifa that didnt have features that ps360 had showed exactly how they feel.  

because they intended to back-stab from the start.

#12 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

because they intended to back-stab from the start.

EXACTLY!

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

I heard the Wii U would make you a mean breakfast if you ask nicely. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

It's actually Brunch, it comes with Lobster!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

As I have been saying. Once devs get use to the system they will be able t code better and put out better quality games.
Happens with everything?

Thing about the first time you got on a bike vs yrs later
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

What the hell was this garbage response?

I will put up with your annoying grammar patterns, and ridiculous capitilization obsession. But you will NOT respond to a perfectly civil attempt at discussion like this with straight bile and derision again.

Read the TOS.

lmao

#17 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

hotcakes?

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

No, a mushroom and dinosaur-egg omlette.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!