Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#22 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

"Just so you guys know, 1Truth is a troll who made up rumors about FFXV that all turned out to be false when the game was finally revealed. I suspect that he didn't actually get this information from 2ch, and actually made it up himself." - Aadiboy2 from http://www.gamefaqs....66832961?page=2

#23 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Sounds like a bunch of crap. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

No.

540200_2620988701558_731089215_n_zpsbde8

Such a strongly compelling argument... Like my own but....Crafted into... Visual expression.

Avatar mustache.... trying to compel me.... No mortal could resist such a stache...

BUT I CAN! For I too posess a mustache of authority!

zlCfzRD5PiMIpKpV37_zpsdd098db3.png

HA-HA!

Looks like we agree to disagree.

Gordo means fat..... what does delgado mean?

skinny/delicate.

Gordito is a 12 year old kid with the phattest, manliest mustache on the planet... Or other planets.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Such a strongly compelling argument... Like my own but....Crafted into... Visual expression.

Avatar mustache.... trying to compel me.... No mortal could resist such a stache...

BUT I CAN! For I too posess a mustache of authority!

zlCfzRD5PiMIpKpV37_zpsdd098db3.png

HA-HA!

Looks like we agree to disagree.

Gordo means fat..... what does delgado mean?

#26 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Wow did Nintendo get inside my head and found out all the stuff I wanted from a Zelda game?

Is this a dream??? I can't believe this, if this is true, this might be one of the best, if not the best, Zelda game ever.

more like one of the best if not the best GAME ever.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#27 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Skyward Sword was the first Zelda game that became tedious to me rather than becoming more engrossing the more I played.  I love the idea of reusing environments but there has to be some sort of effect you've/time has had on the area like in OoT.  Dungeons weren't memorable.  Music wasn't memorable.  There was no satisfaction in finishing off one of those harp melodies correctly. The motion controls weren't terrible... it just wasn't as much fun as it sounds like it should be.  For one thing they were used in places they shouldn't be e.g. turning the keys to fit the doors.  And for another there should be more bosses like Ghirahim which require you to be an excellent swordsman but along the way there should be mini-bosses which teach you a certain technique that will be effective against them.  e.g. I found I hadn't learned anything about effective feinting by the time I got to Ghirahim and had to figure it all out there.  The lack of engrossing sidequests. The ability to fly was something I didn't look forward to at all in game. That shouldn't be possible.  I blame it largely on there being nothing to do while flying, nowhere to go, was there a sidequest to race people other than the Wing ceremony?  Combat would have been difficult to design with the motion control as it was. I could go on, as an overall experience SS wasn't fulfilling like the rest of the Zelda franchise. 

I wouldn't mind some motion control in the new Zelda, but I do think it would be stupid and not likely that they don't use the gamepad as the main controller in the first Zelda U game.

Anyways, I feel like most things on this list would be a great move forward if they were done well.

Edited by GreenPenInk, 27 July 2013 - 04:01 PM.

zeldasig.jpg

#28 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Why not? I quite enjoyed Twilight Princess.

Enough with the sequals already, when the hell is nintendo gonna make something that is NOT a sequal??!??!?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#29 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

3Dude, on 27 Jul 2013 - 6:39 PM, said:You cant make them optional if you want them anywhere close to as good as they were in skyward sword.

What if you made the button combat as complicated as motion controls? Maybe like Kid Icarus: Uprising with its button variations. I'm sure you could work around this.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Skyward Sword was the first Zelda game that became tedious to me rather than becoming more engrossing the more I played.  I love the idea of reusing environments but there has to be some sort of affect you've/time has had on the area like in OoT.  Dungeons weren't memorable.  Music wasn't memorable.  There was no satisfaction in finishing off one of those harp melodies correctly. The motion controls weren't terrible... it was just it wasn't as much fun as it sounds like it should be.  For one thing they were used in places they shouldn't be e.g. turning the keys to fit the doors.  And for another there should be more bosses like Ghirahim which require you to be an excellent swordsman but along the way there should be mini-bosses which teach you a certain technique that will be effective against them.  e.g. I found I hadn't learned anything about effective feinting by the time I got to Ghirahim and had to figure it all out there.  The lack of engrossing sidequests. The ability to fly was something I didn't look forward to at all in game. That shouldn't be possible.  I blame it largely on there being nothing to do while flying, nowhere to go, was there an sidequest to race people other than the Wing ceremony?  Combat would have been difficult to design with the motion control as it was. I could go on, as an overall experience SS wasn't fulfilling like the rest of the Zelda franchise. 

I wouldn't mind some motion control in the new Zelda, but I do think it would be stupid and not likely that they don't use the gamepad as the main controller in the first Zelda U game.

Anyways, I feel like most things on this list would be a great move forward if they were done well.

There were lots of little sidequests and things you have to fly to get to you missed. In fact it sounds like you didnt really activate any of the side quests. Except perhaps some fetch quests. By far the most in depth and well written in the series, and many with multiple outcomes too.

Though it sounds like you say sidequests but in fact mean minigames. Which i typically cant stand and only do to procure the heart peice/bag/item and never touch again.

Theres no satisfaction in performing any zelda melody correctly, just an irritating cutscene that gets more teeth gratingly frusterating every time you have to watch it just to open a door, or change water level, or change direction in a boat. The fact ss only had you do it once per song for a specific important event instead of using it every 30 seconds with a game halting cutscene was a blessing.

Skyward sword, does in fact teach you feints before G-money. Its just blessedly subtle and one of the few things left in the series nintendo isnt having some infuriating character explain to you as if you were a drooling moron.

All sword wielding enemies respond to where you hold the sword, guarding against that direction. Feinting one way than attacking another way is the easiest way to take down bobokins without spamming special moves or risking shield damage. Stalfos miniboss not only responds to where you hold the sword but punishes you for attacking a guarded area. And finally, G-money just doesnt take the spammy garbage you could get away with on lesser foes.

The music in the dungeons was brilliant. Each area in the dungeon was a specific musical instrument playing a specific part, providing more of an ambient soundtrack. Only upon making it to the deepest part of the dungeons were all parts played revealing the melody. A theme used again with the heros song.

The boss keys were brilliant and easily manipulatable unless you were one of those people who felt the need to contort their arm into arm breakingly impossible positions instead of just letting go and grabbing the key again.

The dungeons were the best in the series since windwaker.

The skyview giant emblem set peice that waw a beetle playground.

The Earth Temples lava rolling and Raiders re enactment

The entirety of the time mines localized time displacement mechanics was awesome.

The ancient cistern is the best zelda dungeon ever. The entire dungeon is a giant mechanical prop reenacting of the going to hell and climbing out on a silk string fable, complete with brilliant visual design.

Time changing to alter the entire Sandship.

Taking a literal leap of faith in the sanctuary

And rearranging your own dungeon for the time keep.

Every single one is more memorable than the same old tired elemental dungeons with the same old tired puzzles that have been repeated since lttp and oot.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Its not. None of it is. Thank goodness.

I hate the motion controls of Skywards Sword. I don't mind the motion controls in OoT3D, but swinging my arm around to play SS was not very entertaining. Half the time it would mess up and it was awkward playing while sitting down. I had trouble getting to use to the controls and I never liked it.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#32 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

There were lots of little sidequests and things you have to fly to get to you missed. In fact it sounds like you didnt really activate any of the side quests. Except perhaps some fetch quests. By far the most in depth and well written in the series, and many with multiple outcomes too.

Though it sounds like you say sidequests but in fact mean minigames. Which i typically cant stand and only do to procure the heart peice/bag/item and never touch again.

Theres no satisfaction in performing any zelda melody correctly, just an irritating cutscene that gets more teeth gratingly frusterating every time you have to watch it just to open a door, or change water level, or change direction in a boat. The fact ss only had you do it once per song for a specific important event instead of using it every 30 seconds with a game halting cutscene was a blessing.

Skyward sword, does in fact teach you feints before G-money. Its just blessedly subtle and one of the few things left in the series nintendo isnt having some infuriating character explain to you as if you were a drooling moron.

All sword wielding enemies respond to where you hold the sword, guarding against that direction. Feinting one way than attacking another way is the easiest way to take down bobokins without spamming special moves or risking shield damage. Stalfos miniboss not only responds to where you hold the sword but punishes you for attacking a guarded area. And finally, G-money just doesnt take the spammy garbage you could get away with on lesser foes.

The music in the dungeons was brilliant. Each area in the dungeon was a specific musical instrument playing a specific part, providing more of an ambient soundtrack. Only upon making it to the deepest part of the dungeons were all parts played revealing the melody. A theme used again with the heros song.

The boss keys were brilliant and easily manipulatable unless you were one of those people who felt the need to contort their arm into arm breakingly impossible positions instead of just letting go and grabbing the key again.

The dungeons were the best in the series since windwaker.

The skyview giant emblem set peice that waw a beetle playground.

The Earth Temples lava rolling and Raiders re enactment

The entirety of the time mines localized time displacement mechanics was awesome.

The ancient cistern is the best zelda dungeon ever. The entire dungeon is a giant mechanical prop reenacting of the going to hell and climbing out on a silk string fable, complete with brilliant visual design.

Time changing to alter the entire Sandship.

Taking a literal leap of faith in the sanctuary

And rearranging your own dungeon for the time keep.

Every single one is more memorable than the same old tired elemental dungeons with the same old tired puzzles that have been repeated since lttp and oot.

Lots of little sidequests and things I had to fly to get to? Were any of them flying through anything different than the empty space you go through to get to the portals down to the mainland? 

What's your favourite sidequest that had depth as an example?  I do enjoy minigames. I feel like Zelda sidequests should have some sort of puzzle element/minigame element to it to offer any sort of challenge otherwise it's just a fetch quest. I am reading one of the side quests and it seems to be more about sleeping than anything else.  Zelda doesn't lend itself to complicated dialogue trees where you can have quests based on nothing but dialogue choices and still feel satisfied.

http://ca.ign.com/wi...tem_Check_Crush

In OoT even when you perform the notes correctly they are stilted but the moment you complete it the music becomes alive and I can still remember some of those songs to this day.  There's a cutscene the first time you play it in SS too but most of the music isn't as enchanting.  The only music that really stands out to me is G's again, it totally suits a duel between two warriors and it gets more intense each time.  I could find a lot more than that from previous games though.

Looking through some of the SS youtube videos on different themes there does seem to be some pretty great music but it seems to be in areas you don't spend much time in.

There was too big a discrepancy I thought between the typical mobs and G.  The fights with the skeletons should have prepared you but didn't I felt.  Should have scaled it up a bit just in terms of their ability to predict your strike.

There was nothing fun about manipulating the boss key with motion control and the only difficulty above and beyond being able to picture the object and the way it was supposed to fit inside the slot was when your Wiimote would spaz out on you.  Fun should be held at the forefront of every decision a developer makes.  The idea of motion control for swordfighting = cool.  The idea of twisting a block to fit a keyhole with motion control = who the hell cares.

They really didn't leave an elemental design standpoint for the dungeons life, water, fire, time etc. Maybe they should have more. Maybe the dungeons weren't memorable because I felt like I had been there before and I wanted something new. I liked how old items were useful/required later on and not only used in the area you found it.  I liked some elements like the rolling rock in lava.  But for the most part I guess I just expected more at this point in the Zelda franchise.  My expectations might be too high.

Edited by GreenPenInk, 27 July 2013 - 06:06 PM.

zeldasig.jpg

#33 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Enough with the sequals already, when the hell is nintendo gonna make something that is NOT a sequal??!??!?

Around the same time most of the gaming industry stops making sequels to franchises that make money, I guess.

Oh, and if you really want to get picky, there are very few direct sequels (as in exact same character sets/close timelines such as Ocarina of Time+Majora's Mask or Wind Waker+Phantom Hourglass) in the Legend of Zelda series.

And another thing, Nintendo has put out a few franchises somewhat recently on the 3DS that're relatively new series. Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Ketzal's Corridors, Dillon's Rolling Western, The Denpa Men, etc.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#34 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Around the same time most of the gaming industry stops making sequels to franchises that make money, I guess.

Oh, and if you really want to get picky, there are very few direct sequels (as in exact same character sets/close timelines such as Ocarina of Time+Majora's Mask or Wind Waker+Phantom Hourglass) in the Legend of Zelda series.

And another thing, Nintendo has put out a few franchises somewhat recently on the 3DS that're relatively new series. Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Ketzal's Corridors, Dillon's Rolling Western, The Denpa Men, etc.

All simple eShop games no one plays after a week of owning them? Yeah....

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#35 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

All simple eShop games no one plays after a week of owning them? Yeah....

Maybe you don't play them that long, but that doesn't mean other people don't play them that long either.

Also doesn't make my point any less valid.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

if your wii remote controls ever 'spazzed out' or didnt work, its either

1. User error: Your wii area is not set up correctly and your ir sensor is picking up multiple signals beyond the sensor bar. This iss 99% of the trouble people have with all real motion control games on wii. All 2 of them.

2. User error: Typically in relation to people not understanding how the system works, often unintentionally miscalibrating the controls, not physically performing the action they are supposed to be/think they are performing, such as waggling the remote left to right and then getting mad that the controls arent working when link doesnt throw the bomb, while the bomb motion is very clearly an over heand toss, or underhand roll, and side to side movement is waggle crap only that works for everything in garbage games.

The controls in ss are flawless, and never need to be manually recalibrated unless the user screws up the calibration. Ive often played 6 hour stints and have never had to stop the game and recalibrate.

As for things to do in the sky, there really wasnt much time to do anything, provided you used the boost portals, you would go to or from the main island to anywhere much faster than you could get anywhere on epona or the boat. Though if you want to collect rainbow squirrels thats a fun diversion.

If you want to talk about vast nothingness with nothing to do in it, and absolutely no reward whatsoever if you do, do it, thats Twilight princess. Unless you find collecting rupees for no reason whatsoever absolutely enthralling.

In ss, id say both the love triangle quests are highly amusing and have the potential to be hilariously entertaining just based on your decisions.

Discovering whos hogging the bathroom at night.....

As for more in depth, one sidequest that leads to a gamelong series of sidequests involves figuring out how to open the secret demon passage in the graveyard.

Insect collecting is a blast with the motion controls, to the point i refuse to use the extra big net. Making that contest sidequest extremely fun. Far more entertaining than picking up chickens.

Another sidequests involves turning a whimp around, and unlocks one of the better shooting gallery minigames in the series.

Getting that heart off the chandelier is a hilarious start to yet another series of sidequests, unlocking more minigames throughout the process.

Both The godess cubes and the gratitude bits sidequests are infinately more rewarding than the horrible HORRIBLE poe or bug quests from tp. Both in actually finding/doing the sidequests, the exploration puzzles often involved with the chests, and in the frequency of rewards, and the quality and impact of the rewards themselves.

And at no point, EVER, even the stealth portion of the game for the return to eldin, is the game EVER as horribly bad as the forced wolf segments in tp. Grinds my replay to a halt, every, single time. Gah those fricking bug hunts. Its slow, boring, slow, takes forever, wont allow you to do anything else, is boring, tedious, and slow.

And speaking of boring slow and tedious, holy crap at the first dungeon in tp.

The sacred realm, Which also involves collecting tears of light, is tense, exciting, and fun, Like a new move mechanic playground. And you can be FAST. As fast as you want.

Oh, AND it rewards you with powerups.

And then there is the fact the actual story/events/things you do blow everything else away.

Even the fact that midna was the greatest sidekick character in the series by far (until they took away all her character and personality to turn her into a pair of ridiculous boobs attached to a boring design) While Fi was by far the worst character in the series (until they removed all her personality and character leaving nothing but the greatest sword ever) can make twilight princess anything more than a Zelda game thats full of lengthy boring, unrewarding chores.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

They are gonna really irritate if they show of this game and it doesnt have the 2011 tech demo engine and graphics. to me "IMO" its the PERFECT artstyle for zelda. it blends realism and art almost cell shaded PERFECTLY. and if that was a pre alpha version GOD DAMN! the next reveal will end ALL speculation about Wii U not being powerful enough for this gen to compete with ps4 and XB1

Edited by GAMER1984, 27 July 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#38 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

They are gonna really irritate if they show of this game and it doesnt have the 2011 tech demo engine and graphics. to me "IMO" its the PERFECT artstyle for zelda. it blends realism and art almost cell shaded PERFECTLY. and if that was a pre alpha version GOD DAMN! the next reveal will end ALL speculation about Wii U not being powerful enough for this gen to compete with ps4 and XB1

Space world all over again if they dont. LOTS of people want the tech demo style.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#39 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

As much as I hope it's true, I'll wait for confirmation from Aonuma or someone at Nintendo. Holy crap though, if that is true, it sounds like the next Zelda will be beyond awesome.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#40 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Space world all over again if they dont. LOTS of people want the tech demo style.

it will be im not ashamed to say it but i skipped Windwaker on Gamecube because of that. no way they could go from showing that realistic style than give me windwaker. im happy to now get the HD version coming and enjoy it but im going to really be disappointed if they go with something else unless its full on realistic style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!