Photo

What do you think Nintendo should do after that horrible news of 7-31-13

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think Nintendo should do after that horrible news of 7-31-13 (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Their goal is to reach 9 mil units sold by the end of the year.

1. PRICE DROP TIIIIIIIIME! (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Buy Atlus! Other companys can't touch Persona! NO ONE! (5 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. Pay more money for exclusive content for some of the multiplat games. (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. OH OH! *Raise hand* I have an idea! (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Price drop, certainly.

Also, they should consider PUTTING MORE GAMES ON THE CONSOLE.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#22 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

They should give us 20 Gamecube ambassador games to compensate for our pain and suffering. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#23 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

We won't really know if the Wii U is a bust till next year around this time.  3.6m in 8 months isn't terrible, especially considering the only games were NintendoLand an Super Mario.  I was disappointed when I went to Gamestop in late march to see what games they had- like maybe 15. But I wanted one so bad, I just took the plunge.  I think there's probably a lot of people like me, who were tempted, but just didn't pull the trigger- but will when more and more titles come out.

True. Games will sell the console. But at the same time that`s not enough. Otherwise GC and Xbox would have done better.

It might happen that the market feels satisfied with one console (PS1 and PS2) that not even great games will offset that perception. And in today`s world - what i was trying to say - Nintendo`s consoles have that stigma of being bought just for the 1st party games (with 3rd party games belonging to other consoles). And if Nintendo fails at that, it will be really hard to turn it around without some deep changes.

Unlike 3DS, Wii U doesn`t seem to have that appeal to it. Even at it`s lowest, 3DS sales weren`t as bad as Wii U`s sales. And that`s worrying.
Thankfully, Nintendo changed pretty much everything from shape of console, price, steady release schedule to advertising, in a time where it`s competition was doing even worse than 3DS did.

That`s the kind of move Wii U needs (except price) before the competition arrives as i don`t see them doing worse than PS3 and X360 did.

#24 WaflCake

WaflCake

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • NNID:WaflCake
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Sonic, all that jazz.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Or if they don't do anything, they can just commit suicide...........That's always the right answer.

Just as you said that I got a sudden image in my head of that old arcade game where you try to prevent stock brokers from killing themselves, but I CAN'T remember the name of the game. Replace the stock brokers with Nintendo mascots and developers and you'd get a perfect representative of this idea you had in mind. 

#25 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

We won't really know if the Wii U is a bust till next year around this time.  3.6m in 8 months isn't terrible, especially considering the only games were NintendoLand an Super Mario.  I was disappointed when I went to Gamestop in late march to see what games they had- like maybe 15. But I wanted one so bad, I just took the plunge.  I think there's probably a lot of people like me, who were tempted, but just didn't pull the trigger- but will when more and more titles come out.

Of course, it`s too soon to see how Wii U might do in it`s lifetime.

Still, you can`t deny that it`s doing really bad and the latest quarter figures - despite being shipped numbers - are really worrying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!