#1 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Can't do the link due to phone, it seems the BBC have spoken to IGN and that was the outcome. However seeing as the UK is a.dead area for the WIIU could this news artical help spread the word?
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

I so wanna move out of this country.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Can't do the link due to phone, it seems the BBC have spoken to IGN and that was the outcome. However seeing as the UK is a.dead area for the WIIU could this news artical help spread the word?

what that the console is dead ?

all it will do is ut people off who were considering getting a WiiU.

here in the UK there is zero advertising for the WiiU or it's games, i have seen the odd Pikmin 3 advert on the TV, the only other adverts i have seen/heard is one on Talk Sport where the WiiU sponsored the Tour de France bulletins.

in that recent publication of WiiU sales the whole of the EU & Australia sold 10,000 WiiU's, so the EU was less than 10,000 & the UK was what lets just say 20% that would be only 2,000 WiiU's.

people keep going on about how the games will help at xmas, but i doubt any shops will be selling WiiU's by xmas, they will use the shelf space for the X1 & PS4, because they will continue with the space they have for the X360 & PS3.

the third party ports the WiiU is getting are inferior to the X360 & PS3 versions, they are either poor ports of older games or they are new games but with bits missing, like multiplayer or longterm DLC like map packs for CoD etc.

i'll never buy a Nintendo console again at launch, my trust in Nintendo has evaporated.

i don;t think anything Nintendo do will help either, a price cut will upset current owners but even if the console is cheaper there are very few games available, the amount of the cut i think to help could maybe maybe kill the console anyway but, i think the price would have to be £99 for the premium version to give the WiiU any chance against the X1 & PS4, but again without games it's a mute point.

Nintendo have no choice but to continue to support the WiiU for at least the next four to five years, any new console would not come on sale for two years at least & in that short time, people will be that annoyed at buying a WiiU that lasted such a short time i doubt anyone would buy on day one, which would make things even worse.

i don't think there is any real solution to how Nintendo can help the WiiU,

#4 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Just to give you guys an idea of things are here in Europe, I literally cannot believe Pikmin 3 isn't being distributed at all in Portugal, save for 3 retail copies in the capital. 3 copies.. for the entire (10 million pop.) country. I just talked to the store manager and he said that you can only order them online. I have never seen anything like this, at least not since the GameCube era. To not release a major first-party title that could help gain the console some momentum, it's just out of this world. And I just saw that in the last 3 months there were only 10.000 Wii U's sold in Europe and Australia. Are you kidding me? Nintendo has all but lost the entire console market in Europe, and it's going to be though to win it back. At least they're far from being in the right direction. I'm starting to doubt that Nintendo is going to be able to pull a 3DS here, and believe me, I'm one big Nintendo fanboy. These next 6 months are going to be decisive to the Wii U's future, and sadly I fear the worst.

Edited by Arkhandar, 01 August 2013 - 02:50 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#5 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Sadly I now fully agree with Alan666, won't trust Nintendo with another three hundred and fifty quid ever again!
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#6 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

People seem to be forgetting how cheap the wii u is to make, there is no hard drive, the gamepad screen is a resistance type, the main chip is made on a low cost 45nm fabrication process, the memory chips are low bandwidth low cost,  the optical drive represents one of the main costs which could be replaced with a lower cost top loading type like the current ps3. The wii u also has the avantage of a more upto date gpu and 32MB of dedicated high speed video memory that for certain games will allow it to punch above 360 and PS3 and be in the middle ground between current gen and ps4/xbox one in performance.

I currently feel the failure of the wii u is more a rejection of its retail price than the console itself. It never merited the launch price that was just a repeat of the wii where Nintendo tried to sell very underpowered hardware at a high price. It worked for wii but has failed with wii u.

I think we are likely to see a revised wii u with a smaller gamepad screen at a much lower price maybe next year.

I guess my point is people aren't prepared to pay current wii u prices but because Nintendo went so incredibly cheap on the wii u hardware it can be sold at a much lower price than it currently is. So may end up as a entry level console for younger players, casual users and just people that want a more family orientated console.

#7 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-23514789

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!