• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

I am very content with my Wii U and the only thing lacking is the games. That is from a consumers perspective.

But, from Nintendo's position they have obviously not sold enough consoles since launch and although they are optimistic about things picking up when more exclusives drop they have to act now to promote the console fully inside and out.

Why? Well people who don't have the console are unaware of what it's capable of and they need educated on what they're missing out on.

What I'm suggesting is a big press event much like when PS4 was revealed but showcasing everything people can excited about to rush out to buy a Wii U for themselves.

At the event it should start with an in house Nintendo tech expert showing an in depth look at Wii U's specs and how much they have improved over current gen, what the console is capable of graphically and showing beautiful early tech demos that will rival PS4/Xbone.

Then later on, software developers talking about Wii U's unique hardware, all upcoming games, future games and how having a second screen opens up so many possibility's not possible on current gen or PS4/Xbone.

If Nintendo did something like this before Xbone/PS4 is released they will see more sales plus extra sales from when Wii U's big guns arrive. More sales mean more customers. More customers mean more developers and more developers is great for business and everyone who then owns one!

Nintendo is happy, we are happy and the clueless journalists will go back to ripping Xbone.

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

POPULAR

Nintendo has the money, I don't see why they don't just fire their current advertising team and hire a new team that at least knows how to spell "Advertisement".

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

the press event wouldn't work

1) casual gamers are the ones that don't know about the WiiU and they wouldn't watch the event even if they knew about it because they don't care about new graphics

2)I really don't see an audience for this because casual gamers don't care and won't know and hardcore gamers already know about all this stuff and there would be no real point to it

3)Nintendo should have done this a year ago so they could show devs whats possible and to show hardcore gamers what they can expect to see from Nintendo 

So here is what I think Nintendo should do they should go on a massive advertising campaign youtube ads, commercials, stands in best buys and Walmarts and targets anywhere they can get it really this would pique the casual gamers interest if in the ads they show party titles and mini game titles and then what they should do is do a very very very good Nintendo direct that shows Zelda WiiU, X, and Smash Bros gameplay along with some surprise announcements to get the hardcore gamers really interested in whats to come. So that's what I think should happen tell me if you disagree

#4 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

1) casual gamers are the ones that don't know about the WiiU and they wouldn't watch the event even if they knew about it because they don't care about new graphics

2)I really don't see an audience for this because casual gamers don't care and won't know and hardcore gamers already know about all this stuff and there would be no real point to it

3)Nintendo should have done this a year ago so they could show devs whats possible and to show hardcore gamers what they can expect to see from Nintendo 

So here is what I think Nintendo should do they should go on a massive advertising campaign youtube ads, commercials, stands in best buys and Walmarts and targets anywhere they can get it really this would pique the casual gamers interest if in the ads they show party titles and mini game titles and then what they should do is do a very very very good Nintendo direct that shows Zelda WiiU, X, and Smash Bros gameplay along with some surprise announcements to get the hardcore gamers really interested in whats to come. So that's what I think should happen tell me if you disagree

I disagree.

An event like this would entice both hardcore and casual gamers. It would even entice developers to get on board. Also is the midst of Sony and Microsoft's recent reveals Nintendo must feel they will not be heard next gen so why not? They have the money and experience for something like this and above all Nintendo have to be aggressive.

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Nobody knows about the Wii U in the casual market. Nintendo needs Sports advertisement, TV advertisements, Internet Ads, etc. They also need to be clear and tell people what the Wii U is. After this a press conference would work. Developers aren't on board because the Wii U isn't selling and 3rd parties didn't sell on the Wii.

#6 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

I disagree.

An event like this would entice both hardcore and casual gamers. It would even entice developers to get on board. Also is the midst of Sony and Microsoft's recent reveals Nintendo must feel they will not be heard next gen so why not? They have the money and experience for something like this and above all Nintendo have to be aggressive.

Casual gamers wouldn't know about it because they don't check IGN everyday, the only way I think that Nintendo could lure a casual gamer into buying a WiiU is a huge marketing campaign showing off Mario 3D world, Mario Kart, Mario party and whatever other party games. And the only way devs will be convinced to put their game on the WiiU is if Nintendo throws some cash their way or if the WiiU gets a bigger install base so there is a chance they can make a profit because technology alone doesn't get devs ex: Vita, WiiU. and Hardcore gamers are of course going to watch it no matter what but all of this is in my opinion maybe you're right

#7 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Nintendo could always have an hour long special on a t.v. channel, like CBS showing off wii u games and talking about the system. It'd catch casual gamers' attention due to being on a major network and would be great advertising if done right.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#8 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Casual gamers wouldn't know about it because they don't check IGN everyday, the only way I think that Nintendo could lure a casual gamer into buying a WiiU is a huge marketing campaign showing off Mario 3D world, Mario Kart, Mario party and whatever other party games. And the only way devs will be convinced to put their game on the WiiU is if Nintendo throws some cash their way or if the WiiU gets a bigger install base so there is a chance they can make a profit because technology alone doesn't get devs ex: Vita, WiiU. and Hardcore gamers are of course going to watch it no matter what but all of this is in my opinion maybe you're right

I think what you said earlier about having massive advertising is probably more realistic in terms of what Nintendo will actually do but a console event before competition for next gen arrives would be beneficial in some ways.

#9 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

guys Nintendo is clearly bad at advertising if you ask any one here in north Sudan about Nintendo the answer is always " I never  heard of it".

while if you ask  about Sony they will say " of course its that company that makes Playstation and electronics.

do you bellieve that when i had my ds lite there were no games for it in north Sudan , there were no games for Nintendo nor Nintendo consoles, so nintendo needs to work on the advertising alot better than they do now

Edited by Mahmoodinho98, 04 August 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#10 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

all the last few months have taught me is this: that consumers are dumb as hell, 3rd parties apparently can't do anything with Nintendo systems unless their hands are held every step of the way, and if someone tries to act like they know anything about advertising and marketing then it's advisable to promptly ignore them. It's worked well so far.

#11 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

all the last few months have taught me is this: that consumers are dumb as hell, 3rd parties apparently can't do anything with Nintendo systems unless their hands are held every step of the way, and if someone tries to act like they know anything about advertising and marketing then it's advisable to promptly ignore them. It's worked well so far.

well first party games are by far rated (T) that means there wont be games that  are good for all consumers specialy who love (M) and (A) rating.

NO saint row, no blackops, no gta ,

#12 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

well first party games are by far rated (T) that means there wont be games that  are good for all consumers specialy who love (M) and (A) rating.

NO saint row, no blackops, no gta ,

Actually make sure your responses are clearly referring to something in the quote; that entire line was horrendously non-sequitor

#13 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

Rareware needs to come back! That would get n64 fans to come to the wii u!

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#14 chainmychomp

chainmychomp

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Fandom:
    Advance Wars, Metroid, RPGs, etc.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

Nintendo could always have an hour long special on a t.v. channel, like CBS showing off wii u games and talking about the system. It'd catch casual gamers' attention due to being on a major network and would be great advertising if done right.

Jimmy Fallon did this though

#15 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

if wii u is advertised and people begin buying it in mass numbers  developers will be forced to make games for the wii u and if Nintendo is able to get ea back and wii u runs ignite engine sport fans will buy the wii u ( why ps4 if i can get ignite on wii u)

#16 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

Actually make sure your responses are clearly referring to something in the quote; that entire line was horrendously non-sequitor

Look out! we have an internet bada$$! ^^ did your crumpet get stuck up your a$$ this morning? Hows that for non-sequitor?

#17 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

Look out! we have an internet bada$$! ^^ did your crumpet get stuck up your a$$ this morning? Hows that for non-sequitor?

Do...do I even NEED to point out the obvious with that?

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

What Nintendo seem to need NOW to me is a breeding program going worldwide to wipe out idiocy.
It is the only solution.

Here is 0.000000001% of the reason I believe this:

nintendo: Look at this new console, but Wii that, the controller is what we want you to look at and see how fun it is to play with this new controller!
people: oh, it's a new controller for the wii.
nintendo: this is how the wii and wii u are different, and the wii u is a whole new console.
people: oh, it's a new controller for the wii.
nintendo: HERE IS A GIANT ARROW SAYING "NEW CONSOLE" ON IT.
people: ???

Edited by Nollog, 07 August 2013 - 04:39 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

At my neighborhood walmart, nintendo has a very prominent stand for the 3ds and Donkey Kong.... they need to invest this these, as that really caught my attention.  As for TV ads- with DVRs, Netflix, I think it's hard to make an impact. 

Part of the problem with the Wii U is that there really aren't many games that show its true power- hopefully that changes with the new ones coming out.

#20 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Do...do I even NEED to point out the obvious with that?

lol, i like you ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!