Photo

Did Shin'en help design the Wii U hardware?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

If im not mistaking nintendo said they talked to developers about what they wanted from hardware in developeing Wii U (i highly doubt it though). we do know Nintendo develop console around the games they want to make so i guess they were referring to their developers. but there has been one group of developers that have been outspoken about Wii U hardware potential and broken down the hardware and how it was designed to be used.... and that is no other than Shin'en Multimedia developers of Nano assault, jett rocket, and fast racing league. their games are always visual treats and push hardwares to its limits. so i wouldnt be mad if nintendo did get some of their input in their design of the Wii U hardware. this thread was basically a random though i have been tossing around in my head. they just seem to be so vocal for like a 5 man team or however many people they have. they seem like they have inside knowledge of the console design things that if it was as easy to pick up as they claim "BIG" 3rd party developers should have been able to figure out how to get better perfrmance out of this console.

#2 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

No, in one word. It might just be that with Shin'en Multimedia being a small development studio communication is much more refined and quicker to get to the channels it needs to get to.

I can see big studios like EA, Ubisoft and others having a chain of command, and along the way information that needs to be passed on gets thinned, or misplaced.

Edited by wombateer, 06 August 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

No, in one word. It might just be that with Shin'en Multimedia being a small development studio communication is much more refined and quicker to get to the channels it needs to get to.

I can see big studios like EA, Ubisoft and others having a chain of command, and along the way information that needs to be passed on gets thinned, or misplaced.

i tend to disagree. if im a big 3rd party company putting millions into a game for your console my developers better know the ends and outs to get the best performance out of it and not be shown up on knowledge by a less than 10 man dev team.

Edited by GAMER1984, 06 August 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:39 AM

No.

Shin'en are simply so vocal because of who they are, and what they do, when they ARENT Shin'en.

Shin'en is also the pc demo group known as Abyss. They pride themselves on taking any given piece of hardware, and getting the most out of it, in ways nobody else can.

They were quite simply the best back in the pcdemo days, better than even future crew (would go on to form dice, though theres pretty much none left)

And when they see stuff, information, thats wrong or false, they HAVE to correct it. Its just in there nature abyss.

Shin'en doesnt want in on hardware design, because their entertainment LITERALLY comes from figuring it out. Its no fun if they already know it.

Big 3rd parties cant do better than them because they are practically the best there is at what they do. Shin'en knows ALL SYSTEMS better than any 3rd party. Just because they only release as shin'en on Nintendo hardware, doesnt mean thats all they know.

Abyss knows every peice of hardware better than anyone. Hell they know the ps2 better than Sony santa monica, and the ps3 probably better than naughty dog.

This is done with a single coaxial cable hooked up to a ps2. 3 screens and audio.

Those arent Tv's, they are oscilloscopes. You cant send a video signal of a rasterized image to them like a tv.

An oscilloscope lights a pixel corresponding to the voltage it recieves, and the time recieved (typically left to right).

Abyss did that ALL by simply manipulating the voltage sent out through the single coaxial cable while keeping audio and video seperate. And thats 3 screens and audio... That should be impossible.

Thats Abyss.
People should listen to them when they say something.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

They probably had a voice in terms of finalized hardware, but the exact specs, heck no

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#6 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

[joke] maybe Ea help[ed Nintendo and  told them to put in some stuff, but their plan  all along was to back stab them and run away  leaving  Nintendo with a weak console that they  ported  last gen games  with  even last....lyer.. gen engines [/joke]

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Why do peope feel the need to put that into every single discussion?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

Why do peope feel the need to put that into every single discussion?

that

#9 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

No.

Shin'en are simply so vocal because of who they are, and what they do, when they ARENT Shin'en.

Shin'en is also the pc demo group known as Abyss. They pride themselves on taking any given piece of hardware, and getting the most out of it, in ways nobody else can.

They were quite simply the best back in the pcdemo days, better than even future crew (would go on to form dice, though theres pretty much none left)

And when they see stuff, information, thats wrong or false, they HAVE to correct it. Its just in there nature abyss.

Shin'en doesnt want in on hardware design, because their entertainment LITERALLY comes from figuring it out. Its no fun if they already know it.

Big 3rd parties cant do better than them because they are practically the best there is at what they do. Shin'en knows ALL SYSTEMS better than any 3rd party. Just because they only release as shin'en on Nintendo hardware, doesnt mean thats all they know.

Abyss knows every peice of hardware better than anyone. Hell they know the ps2 better than Sony santa monica, and the ps3 probably better than naughty dog.

This is done with a single coaxial cable hooked up to a ps2. 3 screens and audio.

Those arent Tv's, they are oscilloscopes. You cant send a video signal of a rasterized image to them like a tv.

An oscilloscope lights a pixel corresponding to the voltage it recieves, and the time recieved (typically left to right).

Abyss did that ALL by simply manipulating the voltage sent out through the single coaxial cable while keeping audio and video seperate. And thats 3 screens and audio... That should be impossible.

Thats Abyss.
People should listen to them when they say something.

Really interresting stuff! Thanks

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#10 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Holy cow, they can play chip music in JavaScript?  (Chrome or Firefox only)

http://www.abyss-online.de/disissid4/

You've done it now, time to install WinUAE.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 10 August 2013 - 02:22 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

I honestly doubt Nintendo asked anyone what the hardware should be in the Wii U.

Likely when they said they asked developers what they wanted, they meant what developers were complaining to them about during the reign of the Wii.
To support my theory, I offer the eShop's lack of restrictions.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!