Photo

Would you had done anything different with releasing the WiiU?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Indyrams

Indyrams

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Do you agree with their plans for releasing the WiiU and how its doing up to this day?

I don't myself, not in a negative way, but I think a few more bigger titles should have been released and developed earlier.
That way there wasn't much time for the WiiU to be criticized and have had rumors spread about it.
I have a WiiU and I love it, I just which a Mario Kart or Party was a launch title so there could be more buzz and have more sales.
However, Nintendo is doing good, they know how to make games and I think next year is gonna be the best year in gaming I've ever had.
They owned E3 with the Nintendo Directs.

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Better advertising. I've said it once and I'll say it again.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

I would have launched it the same month as the other consoles and I know that sounds stupid but with a 3D mario, Wonderful 101, pikmin, ZombiU, Wind Waker out on day 1 it would have an amazing launch line-up of games along with better spacing between the the 2D mario game on 3ds. I would also advertise much better than Nintendo did with tons of stands in Gamestops, Walmarts, targets and anywhere else I could put a stand also better commercial advertising so people would know what the thing is so with a better launch lineup than other consoles along with better pricing I would defintley have bought the WiiU over the PS4 if they launched in the same month

#4 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

I would destroy the Wii U name and rename it to the Wii 2. 

#5 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Better spec console & x86 with 4GB RAM not including OS operations & had the games promised ready for the consoles launch, basically learnt all the things that went wrong with the 3DS launch.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

As an experiment, I'd have copied Sony's specsheet, and released it at the same price Sony are planning to.
Then I'd have waited for the exact same things that are happening now to happen.
Third party not wanting to develop for it because it's too hard, people expecting all of nintendo's big 15 games at launch, people thinking it's just a wii with a gamepad, etc.

If it's just 1 thing I could change it would be making sure people knew it's a new console.
At e3 this would be difficult, I'd have to say the word "new console" every 10 minutes or people would forget the previous announcements saying it is indeed a new console, the press releases stating such, the games, the logical assumptions that the wii can't do wii u games, etc.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

As an experiment, I'd have copied Sony's specsheet, and released it at the same price Sony are planning to.
Then I'd have waited for the exact same things that are happening now to happen.
Third party not wanting to develop for it because it's too hard, people expecting all of nintendo's big 15 games at launch, people thinking it's just a wii with a gamepad, etc.

I would love it if there was a way this experiment could happen.

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

I would make it clearer that it is an entirely new console.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Specs for the most part aren't that big of a deal- but I think they should have made Ram somehow expandable to 4GB later on....

Better spec console & x86 with 4GB RAM not including OS operations & had the games promised ready for the consoles launch, basically learnt all the things that went wrong with the 3DS launch.

#10 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Get rid of the wii U name and just call it the U

Better specs, less focus on  just the gamepad

Wouldn't rush the OS

Better launch day lineup

Better advertising campaign

794144.png?13383682

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Having those great Nintendo titles at launch. I don't care how they do it, whether it be delaying the console a bit, or something else. The launch lineup was certainly better than the 3DS, but it still was very weak. Imagine the install base if they had a Zelda and or a Metroid at launch.

That and better advertising.

#12 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Get rid of the wii U name and just call it the U

I was going to say that. Anything would have been better than Wii U. They should have called it the Yuu if they wanted to bank on the Wii name because people would recognize that it was a new console and they would recognize that it was following the "Wii" naming trend.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#13 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

Rambling conjecture:

Spoiler

Honestly... I think Nintendo just wants the Wii U to sell on word of mouth and brand recognition. Look at them talking about their 4mil from the Miiverse games that they put almost no effort in acknowledging it exists.

Posted Image

#14 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

I would have looked at what reasonable time the games would be completed so that important games would be avaliable at launch (Nintendo Land and NSMBU is no titles to launch a new console with) and that there would be a continued flow of exclusive and/or NEW content. Not late past-gen ports with less content then past-gen versions. Would also launch it with a Pro Controller to keep costs lower, and the Gamepad could be either with the Deluxe bundle and/or as a alternative controller. The GamePad isnt really the same "revolution" as the Wiimote so a demand for Pro Controller in all games would work as well and then developers could utilize GamePad features as they do now... map, inventory and honking... heh.

What more? That the Pro Controller could work as a Classic Controller so that one could play supported Wii-games as well as Wii Virtual Console-titles "straight from the box". A shared account for all Nintendo digital-downloads (Wii, Wii U, 3DS).

The flashmemory could be as it is however a HDD with around 250-500 GB so that developers could utilize it for installing games and also of course having the freedom to purshase eShop content without thinking of memoryspace or external memory storages.

I would see to it that exclusive titles would stay exclusive (Razors Edge, Rayman Legends, Human Revolution Directors Cut..) If third-party wouldnt want to make a Wii U-version of multiplat game it would be worth it to finance its existence so that the console would at least sell so that third-party later on would feel that the console had a good user-base to make versions on their own behalf.

I would let someone else do the marketing campaigns since Nintendos own commercials are like "How to" FAQs that are way to detailed and describing. Utterly grey.

This is how i think Wii U would have be a more interesting console at launch in a sales perspective.

#15 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

I think the system is ok as is, But I would do five things:

1. Advertise more

2. increase the Ram to 2.5 GB and add additional ram for the OS

3. Increase the CPU to a 2.6 GHz quadcore

4. Increase Graphic card unit effecenct and power by 12%-20%

5. Offer to fund a few games for popular TV shows, Books, and other non video game entertainment sorces, while makeing them not only avalable on launch, but also makeing them excelent games, not a junk or sub-par game that relies on the gimmik of it being from a famous book, movie, or tv show.

#16 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

Name it something different, better advertising, metroid instead of DK, 4 gig of RAM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#17 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

Just marketing, the launch lineup was ace. 

#18 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

yeah its a lot they could have done better and even now. releasing a demo today for w101 was one of the best things they could have done. they need to market this console. more i hope their silence means they are cooking up big things. but like i said before 2014 is the year to have a Wii U..... its going to be one of the best years EVER to be a nintendo gamer.

#19 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:24 AM

Advertising. 'Nuff said.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!