Photo

What do you believe when you or someone dies?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Isn't it if you're good or bad you go to heaven or hell, I don't think having faith in someone really depends if you go their or not, otherwise that would leave Every single aithiest in the world to rot in hell even if they're the kindest person in the entire world, and that's unfair.

Well if you believe every word in the bible then no, it doesn't depend on who's good or bad.

Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

The way i personally see it is that it's basically a choice since anyone can choose whether or not they believe.

That of course doesn't mean I enjoy the thought of ANYONE going to hell.

Except for Metaknight. That OP puffball deserves to burn >: ( (joke obviously)

please don't kill me for my beliefs : '(

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#22 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

I like that theory that we are all living inside a superior being's game. He controls everything we do and occasionaly throws stuff at us like a tornado or a hurricane to see how we handle it. And this is all for his entertainment. So when you die, nothing happens because you don't really exist anyway.

Yeah, I think I'll go with that theory this time.

#23 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:29 AM

POPULAR

Hunter: I like that theory that we are all living inside a superior being's game. He controls everything we do and occasionaly throws stuff at us like a tornado or a hurricane to see how we handle it. And this is all for his entertainment. So when you die, nothing happens because you don't really exist anyway.

Yeah, I think I'll go with that theory this time.

Sooooo The Sims?

Posted Image

#24 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

I'm not really sure. What I think is that you just go, no dreaming, no heaven or hell (although I would like to go to heaven), you just cease to exist. I think that it's unfair that Atheists might have to go to hell. They could be the nicest person on Earth but they will get tortured for the rest of their life just because they choose to believe something else. 

I am an Atheist myself but I accept other religions.

Edited by Alph, 09 August 2013 - 05:27 AM.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#25 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

As a catholic, my religion believes that when you die you go to Heaven or Hell, or if you were bad but can be forgiven Purgatory for some decades. We also don't believe in reincarnation so....just one life

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#26 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

It's simple... Our consciousness being chemicals interacting in our brain, ceases when the brain stops functioning.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I have a much harder time believing there is an afterlife of any kind. I'd really like if there was reincarnation (as a human, that is). But Heaven and Hell? Well they're both Hell in my eyes.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#27 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

I also believe in reincarnation, so there's that. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#28 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

Sooooo The Sims?

Pretty much.

The superior being couldve got "Sims: Earth" for his birthday a week ago in his time but it feels like millions of years to us.

Edited by Hunter, 09 August 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#29 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Ehhh, I don't think we really just cease to exist, we do a rewind of our life, and kinda live on through spirit, not like ghost or reincarnation but the people who knew us, our possessions. We're gone but still here.

Stupid Snowmads!

#30 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

To elaborate a little... A lot of people in my family have seen spirits/ghosts. I grew up Roman Catholic but I'm more agnostic/atheist now. The more I learned (Catholic school since preschool to highschool) the more turned off I got, but that's another story. I didn't wanna say it originally because it can be disproven easily by science and I sound like a nut for saying this, but I've had out of body experiences. The TL;DR is that you basically pop out when you sleep, and you can float around like a ghost or go to other realms apparently. Never done that though. It more commonly happens as near death experiences. You know, stories of people in surgery who pop out of body and watch the doctors, etc. So between a common acceptance of entities by my family and my "hallucinations" I'm tempted to believe that you can live on in some form. Now I'm tempted to start a paranormal thread. >>;;

Posted Image

#31 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

I don't know about others, but when I die, if there is such thing as an afterlife, I will go around haunting people for the fun of it.

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

I am an Atheist myself but I accept other religions.

I think it's silly that most people feel the need to say the last part.
Some people in your religion really ruin the perception of your religion for you.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

It's simple... Our consciousness being chemicals interacting in our brain, ceases when the brain stops functioning.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I have a much harder time believing there is an afterlife of any kind. I'd really like if there was reincarnation (as a human, that is). But Heaven and Hell? Well they're both Hell in my eyes.

Some people simply want to believe in a place of clemency simple because they're so afraid of death. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#34 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Some people simply want to believe in a place of clemency simple because they're so afraid of death. 

I am no stranger to being afraid of death. I have faced the fact that being young does not make me invincible and been very scared about it, but it does not make an afterlife any more possible. It has certainly made me want to believe in an afterlife, but really... deep down I really just want to live to old age. That's what has come of my fear of death.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!