Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

"We've never used this size of a team and this amount of time to build a game before," he told Famitsu magazine, "and even so, this is the first time it's been so tough for me, especially towards the end of development. I suppose I'm getting what I deserved there."

Originally Posted by Polygon

When asked what sort of depth is behind The Wonderful 101, Kamiya got a little coy with the interviewer. "I'm not gonna say that you can button-mash the whole way," he replied, "but you can also take more of a sheer force-oriented approach. It's easy enough to just finish the game, but if you try to work out better strategies and play a better, more stylish game, then it just gets deeper and deeper. I'd like people to just play the way they want, and hopefully they'll get addicted once they see all the things they're able to do. In that way, the entire first playthrough is something like a tutorial. I think the real game begins the second time through."

It's a philosophy that's plain when you look at most of Platinum's previous releases, most of which feature multiple skill levels that reward deeper exploration of how the gameplay system works. "With action games I'm involved with," Kamiya said, "I don't want people to just play them one time through. Ideally I'd like them to play their whole lifetime. There are certain action games that I'm still playing to this day, after all. It's not because I want to see the ending, but because the gameplay itself is fun; it feels good to control. That's the kind of game I try to make, and while I don't like to say things like 'There's X amount of content until the ending,' I will say that there's more volume to this game than Bayonetta."

http://www.polygon.c...ond-playthrough

Pretty neat. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

First they said it was short and cheap now its long and had a huge team.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

First they said it was short and cheap now its long and had a huge team.

That would probably be because they never said the first thing.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

http://www.gamrrevie...short-but-sweet

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

They mean development time, not play time.

Also, Kamiya never said the game was short, that's what the editor of the article you linked said.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

I still think they should pull back, Ubisoft and Sony pulled back because they know the sales of Rayman Legends & the 4 people who are buying KZ Mercenary will be low as hell because of GTAV. But if they're still going for that day....huge nuts.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

I still think they should pull back, Ubisoft and Sony pulled back because they know the sales of Rayman Legends & the 4 people who are buying KZ Mercenary will be low as hell because of GTAV. But if they're still going for that day....huge nuts.

Im getting Killzone.

#8 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

What kind of philosophy is this?

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

Dude. Thats an article based off a Kamiyah tweet. Its fake. He trolls crap sites like kotaku all the time, when some fan asks him a stupid question, he gives stupid sarcastic answers, which are then taken out of context by idiot journalists, whom he tells to eat &%$^ (no, really)

Like when he said the w101 would be in stores next tuesday ....Two months ago *Kotaku reported*

Like when he said bayonetta 3 would be in an upcoming nintendo direct *kotaku reported*

When he said Zelda would be on ps4 if you asked.

And if hes not feeling up to putting out fake info, he tells you to ask your mom.

Congratulations. You are yet another person who was trolled by Kamiyah's twitter.

Oh, the games around 15-20 hours long. Which is pretty beefy for an action game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

Dude. Thats an article based off a Kamiyah tweet. Its fake. He trolls crap sites like kotaku all the time, when some fan asks him a stupid question, he gives stupid sarcastic answers, which are then taken out of context by idiot journalists, whom he tells to eat &%$^ (no, really)

Like when he said the w101 would be in stores next tuesday ....Two months ago *Kotaku reported*

Like when he said bayonetta 3 would be in an upcoming nintendo direct *kotaku reported*

When he said Zelda would be on ps4 if you asked.

And if hes not feeling up to putting out fake info, he tells you to ask your mom.

Congratulations. You are yet another person who was trolled by Kamiyah's twitter.

Oh, the games around 15-20 hours long. Which is pretty beefy for an action game.

I stopped reading when the site brought me to one related to VGChartz.  That site is full of Sony fanboys thus the exodus of Nintendo and Xbox gamers are becoming more and more pravalent each month. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!