#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

This game alone made my Wii U purchase worthwhile. Honestly I came in expecting terrible controls a forced joining of characters and really shotty graphics but what I got was a super polished high octane almost perfect game.

The Wonderful 101 is in its own genre. Its in its own league and to me and it may just be me but this game might be the best game available on the wii u. I have Pikmin 3 and have been playing it here and there but The Wonderful 101 just seems so much more polished and NEXT GEN (FINALLY!) than any other thing any body else is doing...

This game can sell consoles and change the game and the way that everyone looks at Nintendo. 

Platinum Games shows that the Wii U is an amazing console if you use it right and more exclusives like this will put the world on notice.

#2 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

It's never a good idea to have such high expectations even after playing the demo. Just to avoid feeling disappointed if anything goes wrong.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Quite honestly... I didn't think it was all that great. Yeah, the mechanics are polished and the graphics are pretty nice, but the demo seemed repetitive to me. Draw a shape, ram the enemies with it.

I'll get the actual game eventually, so it's very possible my opinion will change.

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

W101 looks like a good game but is not a reason to buy a console and it is way overrated by you guys. There, I said it.
No sig.

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

I played the demo and I'm not really interested in buying the full game. It's just a beat em up super hero style game, nothing special really.

#6 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

W101 looks like a good game but is not a reason to buy a console and it is way overrated by you guys. There, I said it.

Iyo

I find it to be a fantastic well thought out speedy action game done by fantastic devs.

Easily a reason to buy a console if you're a fan of the genre 

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#7 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm buying solely for its unique flair. I can't really put a true comparison to it without bringing up about fifty different games. Furthermore, there is a lot more depth than I first expected what with the ability to use multiple Morphs at once with each having their own strengths and weaknesses.

#8 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

I tried the Demo, and the screen was cluttered so I had to hide the tutorials to even see what was going on and I found it difficult and just "If you keep mashing buttons you might do something" I seen some of the story in the trailer, but the gameplay is, iffy to me.

Stupid Snowmads!

#9 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

I thought the demo was cool, but I'll probably wait for a price of $40 or less. I'll definitely be grabbing Rayman, DKC, and the new Mario on release though. Oh and Wind Waker.

Edited by DanJiblets, 10 August 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#10 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

I think the game is terrible IMO. 

#11 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Terrible? That's ridiculous. What exactly is terrible about it? It seems highly polished and good looking, those alone make it at least good IMO.

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

This game alone made my Wii U purchase worthwhile. Honestly I came in expecting terrible controls a forced joining of characters and really shotty graphics but what I got was a super polished high octane almost perfect game.

The Wonderful 101 is in its own genre. Its in its own league and to me and it may just be me but this game might be the best game available on the wii u. I have Pikmin 3 and have been playing it here and there but The Wonderful 101 just seems so much more polished and NEXT GEN (FINALLY!) than any other thing any body else is doing...

This game can sell consoles and change the game and the way that everyone looks at Nintendo.

Platinum Games shows that the Wii U is an amazing console if you use it right and more exclusives like this will put the world on notice.

I disagree. It may be a reason for you to own a Wii U it absolutely is not in the grand scheme of things. Judging by the demo its an OK probably average game but nothing special. It is in no way a system seller and if you think so you must be living in cloud cuckoo land. You way overrate the game.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 10 August 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

It's never a good idea to have such high expectations even after playing the demo. Just to avoid feeling disappointed if anything goes wrong.

Sounds like me
Expect the worse so that way your never disappointed.
That's my life.

And I still need to download this game it seems like it would be fun but been on the fence about it but a demo should help me make up my mind.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Stop it I can't stand it anymore! This game is so overrated!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#15 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

I see what you mean. TW101 certainly uses the Gamepad in a unique way. It's like a more action-packed Pikmin kind of game. If you really think it's gonna be a system-seller though, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it probably won't sell more than a few hundred thousand.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#16 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

I just tried all the missions in the demo and now this game reminds me of Tank! Tank! Tank! not just because of its art style, but also because of the gameplay which is kind of shallow.

This game also reminds me of these garbage shows the CartoonNetwork is currently known for. The animation seems too cheesy and even ugly sometimes and the dialogues themselves are so cliché that it's not even funny.

However, the biggest problem I encountered was the use of the GamePad - drawing a shape or trying to do it could be a huge pain and it becomes even more frustrating when you try to surround a certain object or to save citizens.

It's a shame that I can get the game for 30% off when it obviously isn't that good. I wish I could have that discount for Rayman Legends instead.  :(

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

POPULAR

I just tried all the missions in the demo and now this game reminds me of Tank! Tank! Tank! not just because of its art style, but also because of the gameplay which is kind of shallow.

This game also reminds me of these garbage shows the CartoonNetwork is currently known for. The animation seems too cheesy and even ugly sometimes and the dialogues themselves are so cliché that it's not even funny.

However, the biggest problem I encountered was the use of the GamePad - drawing a shape or trying to do it could be a huge pain and it becomes even more frustrating when you try to surround a certain object or to save citizens.

It's a shame that I can get the game for 30% off when it obviously isn't that good. I wish I could have that discount for Rayman Legends instead.  :(

1. Not even close. You just suck at the game. Try using the right analog stick for drawing. Past that, youll actually have to try learning something new. You can always tell whos been raised on 'press a for awesome' style games.

In general:

resident-evil-2.jpg
250px-VJbox.jpg
445101_53565_front.jpg
250px-OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg

You people are hilariously clueless.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

i was interested in the game because everyone was going on about how great this game was going to be, i have just had a go at the demo & after playing it through once i got a silver trophy, in the game i got a platinum medal, a few gold, a couple of silver & one or two bronze.

i had no idea what i was supposed to be doing, or how i was supposed to use the pad, i drew shapes with my finger & randomly pressed the pad buttons, & i completed the missions, it looks nice & colourful, the graphics are pretty good, but everything is small on the screen anyway that there is no details that truly stand out, even on my 1080p 50 inch plasma, even with my 5.1 amp there is no real surround sound action.

it just appears to be a button bashing-fest, i got Lollipop Chainsaw for my X360 & that was just the same.

#19 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

1. Not even close. You just suck at the game. Try using the right analog stick for drawing. Past that, youll actually have to try learning something new. You can always tell whos been raised on 'press a for awesome' style games.

The analog stick is a better alternative indeed but it is still bad in my opinion. I just don't like these kind of games and I don't see how this should be wrong in any way.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

POPULAR

The analog stick is a better alternative indeed but it is still bad in my opinion. I just don't like these kind of games and I don't see how this should be wrong in any way.

Worked just fine in okami. You just seem adverse to learning new things, because in order to get good at something new, you first have to be bad at it. But you REALLY dont like thinking or figuring things out. You want everything done for you.

If you DID actually try to learn things on your own, you would have mitigated your dislike for having to draw so much by equipping the unite force gem, and simply held down the a button to max size your unite weapon, instead of drawing people in.

Not liking a style of game is COMPLETELY different than pretending you are awesome at this style of game and thus state you can tell its 'shallow' and 'poorly done' when you dont have the first clue how to play.

i was interested in the game because everyone was going on about how great this game was going to be, i have just had a go at the demo & after playing it through once i got a silver trophy, in the game i got a platinum medal, a few gold, a couple of silver & one or two bronze.

i had no idea what i was supposed to be doing, or how i was supposed to use the pad, i drew shapes with my finger & randomly pressed the pad buttons, & i completed the missions, it looks nice & colourful, the graphics are pretty good, but everything is small on the screen anyway that there is no details that truly stand out, even on my 1080p 50 inch plasma, even with my 5.1 amp there is no real surround sound action.

it just appears to be a button bashing-fest, i got Lollipop Chainsaw for my X360 & that was just the same.

That would be either a silver or bronze medal.

Which would be B.ad or C.rappy in the viewtiful joe rankings that started the rank structure. And thats with lucking out with platinums on 2 puzzle missions you almost cant get less on. The game knows you button mashed. Congratulations, you made it through a demo by button mashing and got a horrible score.

Unless you learn how to play, you wont make it past the tutorial level of a platinum/clover action game. This ISNT a grasshopper/suda game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!