Photo

Nintendo fans, would you go for a tactical shooter?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Nintendo fans, would you go for a tactical shooter? Like hardcore, tactical shooter!

Takedown: Red Sabre is a hardcore game, like tactical hardcore, take your time, hardcore! It’s NOT a run-and-gun shooter, it’s a thinking mans/woman’s game. So all fans of Call of Duty and clones, you might want to stay clear, give this game a wide birth.

It’s being headed-up/developed by Christian Allen who worked on early Tom Clancy classic’s like, Rainbow Six: Athena Sword and Ghost Recon: Island Thunder, just to name a few, plus Halo: Reach, if you like that kind of shooter?

Under his guidance he has assembled a team that includes former Zipper Interactive staff of (SOCOM) fame and others. The is game powered by Unreal Engine 3 technology (so there is no qualms of the Wii U of not being able to run it).

It is being published by 505 Games, who recently published Sniper Elite V2 on the Wii U, so there’s a chance if there’s enough interest. (If they did bring it to the Wii U, lets just hope they included the treasured multiplayer aspects.) Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, cough, cough.

In fact someone by the name of AquilarExmortis asked if there is any chance of the game appearing on the Wii U.

The reply by the man himself was. “Lol lets see if wii u makes it first.”

This is an extract taken from an article I wrote, in regards to the forum post on the official Takedown: Red Sabre game.  

http://www.serellan....pic/1285-wii-u/

There is also some off-screen (cam alpha footage.) It's rough, but could be a promising game, if you like it, well hardcore and tactical. 

Your thoughts please.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

Cod A HARDCORE GAME??? HAHAHAHAHA BEST JOKE EVER!!!

Eh, not much is shown in the video so not too sure, although i did enjoy rainbow 6.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

I forgot to add this. :(

https://twitter.com/...216010765828096

The question, can the Wii U get a port. 

Edited by wombateer, 11 August 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#4 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Define Hardcore.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I enjoy the Portal series, especially how enemies don't attack the moment you see them and you have time to plan strategies. Is it like that?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I'm not into tactical shooters, let alone on a console.
I don't like thinking.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

I forgot to add this. :(

https://twitter.com/...216010765828096

The question, can the Wii U get a port. 

Just edit your post and add it. ;)

#8 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Define Hardcore.

http://en.wikipedia....#Hardcore_gamer (ignore this.) I thought you said gamer.

Read about it here.

http://takedownthegame.com/

Edited by wombateer, 11 August 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Then what are you doing on a Nintendo forum?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Tactital shooters sound fun, but I think I'll suck at them. 

No sig.

#11 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Cod A HARDCORE GAME??? HAHAHAHAHA BEST JOKE EVER!!!

Eh, not much is shown in the video so not too sure, although i did enjoy rainbow 6.

I disagree call of duty is very hardcore probably more so than any other game ever made I mean there's blood and you shoot people how hardcore can you get

#12 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

I played GRAW AND Rainbow Six: Vegas on Xbox 360 and loved both games. Would really like to play something like that on Wii U, too!

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

seems cool but if its onlin it might suck if you dont have a good team.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#14 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Tactical shooters are probably the best type.

Most fps' and tps' bore the crap outta me.

Timesplitters is of course the exception here.

But yeah a tac shooter could be fun. I have a brain devs please, make me use it :)

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#15 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

We've been trying for decades to get rid of that name yet you keep bringing it up!

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#16 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:45 AM

Then what are you doing on a Nintendo forum?

Reading and talking about various Nintendo games, be it 1st or 3rd party content. As well as looking at the potential to bring a varied genre to a platform. I've played Nintendo games for more than twenty years. Two decades and counting. And you, are you just getting started, because I've been gaming for three decades.

Also I've written content, worked for some of the biggest gaming publishers in the business. Activision, LucasArts (Disney), Codemasters and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. 

I like games on all platforms, I think that's called being a gamer? But I could be wrong.

#17 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

If the multiplayer is really good, yes.

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Reading and talking about various Nintendo games, be it 1st or 3rd party content. As well as looking at the potential to bring a varied genre to a platform. I've played Nintendo games for more than twenty years. Two decades and counting. And you, are you just getting started, because I've been gaming for three decades.

Also I've written content, worked for some of the biggest gaming publishers in the business. Activision, LucasArts (Disney), Codemasters and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. 

I like games on all platforms, I think that's called being a gamer? But I could be wrong.

Well, alright then. As long as you have a decent engine to back up your games.

And if it helps I looked up what exactly Tactical Shooters are and it's nothing I really play.

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

Like rainbow 6? Heck yes!

Awesome on pc.

And with the Wii u gamepad, the strategy plays and load outs would be sweet.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 14 August 2013 - 02:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!