#21 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

That would be £212 to £243. I hope Nintendo won't make it more expensive in Europe as they have with the 3DS. On the topic of price, I wonder how much additional controllers will cost. With the rumoured HD touchscreen they could be very expensive.

Based on the rumors IGN asked a manufacturer how much such controllers would cost to manufacture and the guess was around $25 U.S. Whether its more than $25 to manufacture depends on the capability of the screen and how much internal guts the controller has (enough to decode video or enough for some functions without streaming power from the console). Retail my guess is $80 dollars.

#22 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

~AMAC

Actually, I think the HD screen was un-rumored. Now it's sub-HD, though I wonder how much 6'' would cost...

Also, Nintendo didn't make it expensive in Europe, they're just not legally allowed to set a price there :s

EDIT: Once again, I forgot to check if there was another page D:

Edited by Wertville, 22 April 2011 - 06:38 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#23 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

-Do you think the Wii 2 will be expensive?

In comparison to past Nintendo consoles, yes. But in total, I think it'll be decently affordable for gamers.

-Is there any price you would not go over?

I would not want it to go over $400, thought I would prefer if it stayed at $350 or below.

-Do Nintendo's next consoles have to be more media friendly to justify prices?

One of Nintendo's biggest criticism is the lack of online focus and the lack of the ability to play movies on video game systems. So yes, I do think that they need to be more media friendly to justify prices.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#24 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

I just hope I save enuf money for it :l if its released this october, im screwed, next year release... maybe..
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#25 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

I just hope I save enuf money for it :l if its released this october, im screwed, next year release... maybe..

I can't see Nintendo releasing the console as early as October. I think that Nintendo announced that it would be released in 2012.

#26 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

It's inevitably going to have a price of $300+. I don't think Nintendo would price a new console at or near the same price point as the handheld of that generation and the home console of the previous generation and Nintendo seems to be caring less about low price points. I most likely will not buy it within two years of its launch; prices usually drop for consoles shortly after the second year, if not sooner (due to poor selling, perhaps). Nintendo might pull a fast one on everyone and release it for ~$250, though, which would be really nice!

#27 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

I'm guessing it is going to be around 300 or 400 dollars, because the technology is stronger than the ps3 and xbox 360 apparently.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#28 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

It's inevitably going to have a price of $300+. I don't think Nintendo would price a new console at or near the same price point as the handheld of that generation and the home console of the previous generation and Nintendo seems to be caring less about low price points. I most likely will not buy it within two years of its launch; prices usually drop for consoles shortly after the second year, if not sooner (due to poor selling, perhaps). Nintendo might pull a fast one on everyone and release it for ~$250, though, which would be really nice!

Yeah, as exciting as Project Cafe is, I'm going to wait until at least Super Smash Bros. 4 comes out or there is enough games for me to satisfied until SSB4 comes out.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#29 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:16 AM

I'm guessing it is going to be around 300 or 400 dollars, because the technology is stronger than the ps3 and xbox 360 apparently.

Its not overly expensive to buy chipsets for a console at mass production levels that is superior than the PS3 and Xbox 360. When matter of cost comes to play is what manufacturing die size Nintendo ends up utilizing and what transistor count the chipsets will end up with. There are options commercially available that could utterly destroy the PS3 and Xbox 360 yet Nintendo would still come in under the manufacturing costs of those consoles as they where originally. Specifically those options would merely mean Nintendo has to spend a little more than twice the money it originally did on silicon. Current statements point to the possibility of the system being higher end than I and many others originally expected, so I'd be shocked if this console launches under $350 U.S.

#30 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

I think it will cost $350 in America and £319.99 but it will probably be dropped to about £300. Hopefully there can be another retail battle that will drive the price down like with the 3DS.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#31 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

I think it will cost $350 in America and £319.99 but it will probably be dropped to about £300. Hopefully there can be another retail battle that will drive the price down like with the 3DS.

That all depends on how much room Nintendo has to at least break even from each console sold. Nintendo unlike Sony or Microsoft aren't going to look at loosing money at launch, so if it costs $300 U.S. to manufacture or more its unlikely the price of the console will go down for a year after launch. That's about how long it takes to launch a new version of the console with its chipsets shrunken one die size down to lower costs.

#32 Anthony Vaughn

Anthony Vaughn

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

I'm not quite sure of the price, but I do believe that it will be higher than the original Wii's (same as current Nintendo 3DS). Hopefully it won't be too pricey, though!

#33 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

What do you think about this article? : http://www.product-r...shouldnt-panic/

Edited by Pong, 21 June 2011 - 10:17 PM.

#34 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

The pre-order price is made to be for sure too high. The Wii U probably isn't going to cost that much.

#35 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

:/ that sucks

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#36 Chipsqueek

Chipsqueek

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Rune Factory, Dragon Quest

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

EB Games doesn't have the faintest clue what the Wii U is going to cost.

#37 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

I'm sure that isn't the real price, it's probably not even close.

#38 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

Absolute crap. If a website puts up a preorder price they're just putting it up to a price high to make profit from idiot who'd go into the store and pay right there and then but keep it low enough to not seem impossible. No one knows the price, I doubt even Nintendo does yet. It's got a year to go yet.

#39 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

I don't think that the Wii U will cost that much. Nintendo don't normally sell their consoles for too much, apart from the 3DS perhaps. I don't see why retailers open pre-orders for new consoles so early if I'm honest. In my opinion, it's too early to start taking pre-orders - We don't even know that much about the Wii U yet.

#40 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

Nintendo is too smart to do that, they know that casual gamers won't pay that much. They wouldn't want to lose their casual audience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!