Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

http://mynintendonew...n-wii-u-engine/

Nintendo centric developers Shin’en have revealed via Twitter that they are currently working on their second generation Wii U engine. The development studio says that will showcase the new engine when they are ready to reveal the unannounced games that they are currently working on. The developer previously said that they plan to announce new Wii U titles this fall.

Shin’en, huge fan of you guys here. What exact month can we expect your guy’s new game announcements this Fall?

Well, we would love to show first images along with the announcements. So as soon our 2nd gen Wii U engine is ready.

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

Can the 720/PS4 run it? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Can the 720/PS4 run it? 

Nope! :P

This is likely Shin'en just optimizing their C engine to take full advantage of all of Wii U's features.  Expect their next title to make use of every single shader, lighting, and shadow effect that the Wii U has at its disposal.  No features will go to waste. 

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

http://mynintendonew...n-wii-u-engine/
Nintendo centric developers Shin’en have revealed via Twitter ...

They're Nintendo-centric?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

Can the 720/PS4 run it? 

Wii U exclusive I guess. :P

Shin'en only make Nintendo stuff according to their site: http://www.shinen.com/home/

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

They're Nintendo-centric?

The Shin'en name is used exclusively for Nintendo products. If they arent doing a nintendo project, they arent using the shin'en name.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Nano Assault Neo is one of the best looking ganes on Wii U, and that was all on 1 CPU Core on an engine first used for 3DS games. I expect the best, and I know they will not dissapoint.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Cant wait to see it in action.

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Oooooooooooo, this might be promising.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Pretty sure they said the game will look about as good as x.
If so then I hope they aren't using the full power of the wii u.

X looks good and all but I would like to see a bit more out the wii u.

I haven't played nano assault neo yet but I've been meaning too.

Hopefully there next game/games are going to be even better

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#11 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Possibly they are building the Frostbite engine for Wii U, so that we can have all those lovely EA games, like Battlefront and Battlefield.

:angry:  

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

Where did you hear that?

It doesn't sound like something they'd say.

Could be wrong. But I haven't read that anywhere.

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

Where did you hear that?

It doesn't sound like something they'd say.

Could be wrong. But I haven't read that anywhere.

Because they haven't said that... Not to my knowledge. I follow them on twitter and search for any ifo on them and Wii U as they seem to be the only knowledgable devs on the console tech.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

1. Whats been shown of X is alpha/beta footage. Remember when the second trailer released after a few months and looked miles beyond the first trailer? That was just a few months of work, it has a year left.

2. Shin'en has never, and will never say anything like that or ever compare their work to anyone elses like that ever.

3. Its going to be fast racing league 2, so its going to look like f zero/wipe out except its going to wipe the floor with them graphically.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

1. Whats been shown of X is alpha/beta footage. Remember when the second trailer released after a few months and looked miles beyond the first trailer? That was just a few months of work, it has a year left.

2. Shin'en has never, and will never say anything like that or ever compare their work to anyone elses like that ever.

3. Its going to be fast racing league 2, so its going to look like f zero/wipe out except its going to wipe the floor with them graphically.

Yeah that was my mistake.

I for some reason thought I read on twitter that their game would be comparable to X

Should be very interesting to really see what the system can do though. 

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

We can only hope! But with their bragging and bosting about the system capabilities... IMO they have a lot of pressure on them. They have to deliever something Jaw fuc÷ing dropping.

#17 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

We can only hope! But with their bragging and bosting about the system capabilities... IMO they have a lot of pressure on them. They have to deliever something Jaw fuc÷ing dropping.

They really dont brag or boast about themselves.  They have defended the Wii U quite a bit, but I think that has been totally justified, and someone needed to do it.  They have also come out and said that the Wii U is not on the same level as the PS4 and X1, but that they didnt think the power disparity was really going to create a significant difference like it did in the past.  There are always going to be terrible looking games on every console, you can define a consoles abilities by crap work.  No one picks out the worst looking 360 and PS3 games and then defines the consoles capabilities based on those games.  You pick the best looking games and use those to define what the console is capable of.  We are already seeing the Wii U stand above the 360 and PS3 based on X, Bayonetta 2, and Mario Kart 8.  The Wii U came out a year sooner, will cost $100-200 cheaper than the competition, and comes with a touch screen controller, is anyone really surprised that its down on graphics processing power compared to the competition?  The math adds up, and the Wii U is right where it should be. 

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

There was totally supposed to be a 'probably' on point 3 XD.

This is very true. Im not worried though.

jett-rocket-20100329005141575.jpg
screen10.jpg

They did these on freaking wii, with only 45Mb allowed for game size.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

They also did this, the only 3D plat former to outshine Jet Rocket on Wii was the Super Mario Galaxy games. 

jett-rocket-20100304044116441-000.jpg

Shin'en is special in the sense that they look at what they have at their disposal, and work to a hardware strengths while avoiding potential pitfalls.  Like I said before, they are going to highlight just about every capability the Wii U has up its sleeve.  Your going to see a lot of "next gen" effects in their next games. 

#20 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

If their (new) engine is the dogs dinner, maybe they should licence it out, to other potential Nintendo developers.

Edited by wombateer, 14 August 2013 - 08:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!