Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

The more you browse through your news feed, post comments and like posts on Facebook, the more likely you are to feel unhappy and dissatisfied with your life.

It’s not that people gravitate toward social media when they’re feeling blue, found a new study. Instead, Facebook use actually seems to breed discontent. It’s still not clear why -- and it’s possible that only certain styles of Facebooking lead to distress -- but the researchers have some suspicions.

“Given the public nature of these sites, people end up reporting a lot of the positive things going on in their lives, and a user of Facebook might end up with a biased impression of other people’s lives,” said Oscar Ybarra, a psychologist at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. “So, they might feel sub-par compared to their friends and all the wonderful things their friends are doing.”

http://news.discover...appy-130814.htm

Facebook is a waste of time and it may make you depress! 

Discuss.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

All i see on facebook is girls indirectly talking garbage about an individual but calling him/her "people" to make it sound worse... Makes me feel pretty glad I'm not them.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

the only reason I still use facebook is because its where i can see everyone's school schedules and see pictures of my family ect. If my family didn't have FB, I'd probably would've deleted mine by now. :P

2lvmghw.png

#4 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

My facebook is spammed with "Can the graphics of wreck it Ralph run on Wii U in real time?" D: I know it's you supersonicbros639 -_-

#5 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

Facebook is the best thing since the wheel was invented.

#6 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

FB is for memes <3

wjapt2.jpg

#7 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Ha.Ha.Ha. I just use it as a news fead of sites I follow. Maybe talk once in a while. I don't use it to be well social. I dont likes and shares and comments, and posts. mostly. yeah. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

If it wasn't for my few irl friends and family and meeting awesome gamer chicks, I would have deleted it. But I like viewing the funny memes and pics on there, too.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 15 August 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

Facebook is awful. I only use it occasionaly to chat to friends who I don't see on a regular basis but I've been considering deleting it for a while now.

#10 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

For me, Facebook is a good way for me to keep in touch with old friends. I can see how it can make you ultimately unhappy though. I have heard and seen a lot of "Facebook drama" while I have been on there. Luckily, I have friends that don't cause Facebook drama. I suppose it could make you unhappy because Facebook makes everyone's lives look so much cooler than it actually is. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

The only times I use facebook are to keep in touch with friends elsewhere, to annoy people, post music no one will listen to, or just post a garbage status.

I see things every now and then, like the overly religious share, the militant atheist share, political garbage, even drama.  I just ignore my compulsions to tell them why they're acting like children and I just look elsewhere.

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Yep if you use it too much of course it could make you unhappy. I just use facebook for trolling

#13 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Well, stupid people piss me off on facebook. So I guess I could say they make me unhappy.

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

All i see on facebook is girls indirectly talking garbage about an individual but calling him/her "people" to make it sound worse... Makes me feel pretty glad I'm not them.

I see this way too much as well. This and the "Ugh I hate my life so much right now". This has to be the most sad type of status you could post. It's simply attention seeking. People ask "What happened" or "What's wrong" and they never give an actual reply which of course begs the question "Then why the heck did you post if for everyone to see?" You wouldn't go into a room full of people you know and cry this out at the top of your lungs and then say you don't want to talk about it when people ask, so don't do it on Facebook >_>

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

Never started using the wholr facebook thing.

Dont think ill start anytime soon.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

No wonder I always feel like everyone else on the internet is depressing.

Also I've only ever used Facebook once for a group project and it was mostly the other members of my group using it. Really we weren't even using it we were just taking screen caps of it to use as pictures in a PowerPoint. But yeah that's pretty much my only experience with Facebook ever.

I see this way too much as well. This and the "Ugh I hate my life so much right now". This has to be the most sad type of status you could post. It's simply attention seeking. People ask "What happened" or "What's wrong" and they never give an actual reply which of course begs the question "Then why the heck did you post if for everyone to see?" You wouldn't go into a room full of people you know and cry this out at the top of your lungs and then say you don't want to talk about it when people ask, so don't do it on Facebook >_>

*Cough* Julio *Cough*

Edited by Symbol, 17 August 2013 - 12:48 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

haha I love this. This is exactly how it is. It's probably a bit different if your only friends with mature people but for me these are the type of people I troll. I also troll the swaggots who want to be "facebook famous"

#18 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

*Cough* Julio *Cough*

Explain yourself.

No seriously, I don't know what you mean :P

It's probably a bit different if your only friends with mature people but for me these are the type of people I troll. I also troll the swaggots who want to be "facebook famous"

Well I only add people I actually know who seem decent irl. But then you seen them on Facebook and just regret it.

Facebook famous? What do you even gain from that? It's not even like youtube where you can get some money for it. Thank goodness I don't know any of these.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#19 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

Explain yourself.

No seriously, I don't know what you mean :P

Well I only add people I actually know who seem decent irl. But then you seen them on Facebook and just regret it.

Facebook famous? What do you even gain from that? It's not even like youtube where you can get some money for it. Thank goodness I don't know any of these.

Stick around a while and keep an eye on the updates and you'll see what I mean...or not. Either way is fine. I think he slowed down making them really.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

I use it every now and then to do nothing at all. No idea why I even go on there, anyway.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!