Photo

Is this going to be the trend for Wii U 3rd Party Games?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

So this has been happening a lot lately, with Batman Arkham Origins missing out on Online Multiplayer, Splinter Cell not including offline co-op (this isn't really a big deal for most people), and How to Survive also missing out on Online Multiplayer. For games already released, such as Sniper Elite V2 being stripped of nearly everything but  Single Player, Injustice not being compatible with iOS version syncing, and many more cases, is this becoming the case for 3rd party devs? Giving us the games with missing features?

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

I think so because they hate us. 

But that's okay though 'cause if they try and give me a half assed game on Wii U, I won't buy it. Simply put.

#3 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

So far, Wii U hasn`t been proven itself for a full investment.

When things get better, we will see less and less games missing features.

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Wii U hasn't proven itself yet to some

Others are just biased and wouldn't even give the full game even though it was a launch title....

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

is this becoming the case for 3rd party devs? Giving us the games with missing features?

Absolutely.
I'm waiting for ubisoft to announce watch dogs doesn't have hacking in it next, so I can cancel another pre-order.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

i think its because they dont care.

They here the crys of us wanting wii u games and they simple say here is your game now stop crying. They just put out some half ass stuff.

Same reason why tons of devs are saying the wii u is under power but yet they still make stuff for ps3 and xbox360.

but no way of changing that. We just gotta wait till some devs dig into it and make great stuff. Then sells will be up and other devs will see that and finally start turning out great stuff.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#7 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

What's the point of having good multiplayer options and not using them at all....

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

I wonder if Nintendo cares. They should add "no crappy ports with missing features" to their Quality Assurance.

#9 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

is this becoming the case for 3rd party devs? Giving us the games with missing features?

yes, get used to it.

not that having multiplayer missing is going to make that much difference because there is hardly anyone online anyway, trying to get a match on black opps 2 sometimes takes ages.

Edited by alan666, 16 August 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

I was excited that nintendo would be getting good third party games since that I never had a ps3 or xbox, but this is kinda stupid...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#11 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

But all of these are minor things that most people won't bother with.

You can keep sitting there refusing to buy games because of minor things, and then you can enjoy when the next round of games don't come to Wii U at all, and then you can all complain some more about how the world hates you.

Or you could just buy Batman and enjoy its great single player mode.

#12 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

You can keep sitting there refusing to buy games because of minor things, and then you can enjoy when the next round of games don't come to Wii U at all, and then you can all complain some more about how the world hates you.

Or i could just buy it on Xbox or PS3 and enjoy both! See whats going on here?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Batman Origins is already out?!
Or are you just guessing that it'll be great because it's made by a completely different team as the other two?

If we buy this rainbow, they'll keep doing it. If we don't buy their rainbow, they'll ignore the system altogether.
We won't win either way.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

It's possible the Wii U is just being sabotaged, I like to keep an open mind on these issues. 

#15 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:26 AM

Or i could just buy it on Xbox or PS3 and enjoy both! See whats going on here?

Yes I do, you will be part of the problem.

If you really do want to play the online then I suggest you get it for one of the other consoles. There's nothing wrong with that.

But if you're just doing it because you think you're going to show these companies something then you will do nothing but prove them right.

Batman Origins is already out?!
Or are you just guessing that it'll be great because it's made by a completely different team as the other two?

If we buy this rainbow, they'll keep doing it. If we don't buy their rainbow, they'll ignore the system altogether.
We won't win either way.

Again, you're not going to win by not buying it. If you don't care about online then get the Wii U version. If people start buying 3rd party games and the Wii U starts to sell more then it will be worth them adding things like this in the future.

And yeah I'm assume it will be good, if its not then I suggest you probably don't buy it anyway...

#16 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

Yes I do, you will be part of the problem.
If you really do want to play the online then I suggest you get it for one of the other consoles. There's nothing wrong with that.
But if you're just doing it because you think you're going to show these companies something then you will do nothing but prove them right.

The problem is these Devs are giving us half-assed versions lacking compared to other consoles. When it comes down to why it didn't sell they're just to stupid to realize its their fault and not the consumer

#17 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

The problem is these Devs are giving us half-assed versions lacking compared to other consoles. When it comes down to why it didn't sell they're just to stupid to realize its their fault and not the consumer

So? And consumers are stupid for thinking they are going to change the actions of a massive company like Warner Bros.

It is the consumers fault if they don't care about the missing features.

Games like Splinter Cell are not half assed, they have features only found on Wii U. Yet everyone just jumps on the fact that its missing offline co-op. and I ask this people, if you had that feature would you actually play it?

If the answers no then you are the one being stupid.

#18 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

So? And consumers are stupid for thinking they are going to change the actions of a massive company like Warner Bros.

It is the consumers fault if they don't care about the missing features.

Games like Splinter Cell are not half assed, they have features only found on Wii U. Yet everyone just jumps on the fact that its missing offline co-op. and I ask this people, if you had that feature would you actually play it?

If the answers no then you are the one being stupid.

You don't get it. Even if you arent really bothered about online multiplayer why would you buy a game with no mp when for the same price you could buy a version which has these extra features? It's not about changing warner bros decisions it's about the Wii u version not being worth the money when it has less content than other versions.

Edited by Hunter, 17 August 2013 - 03:04 AM.

#19 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

You don't get it. Even if you arent really bothered about online multiplayer why would you buy a game with no mp when for the same price you could buy a version which has these extra features? It's not about changing warner bros decisions it's about the Wii u version not being worth the money when it has less content than other versions.

I get it but if you weren't going to play it then it doesn't matter.

Also, do Wii U features not make up for that? How much money are they worth?

Ultimately it doesn't matter either way. If you want more 3rd party games, buy them. If you don't care then you can stick to your protests.

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

Absolutely.
I'm waiting for ubisoft to announce watch dogs doesn't have hacking in it next, so I can cancel another pre-order.

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have multiplayer.

And the multiplayer looks really cool, too. :(

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!